This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Actually the ones that just don't look like Pokemon to me are

#1Ku-Ri-BohPosted 12/3/2012 7:38:05 PM
Tornadus, Thundurus and Landorus. Even in their Therian Formes. I don't know, they look like youkai or something. I just can't link them to Pokemon but of course since they ARE, i'm not denying or insulting them, or even hating the entire "past 151" just because of these three

I'm fine with Incarnate's copy/pasted designs, since it has happened a lot before anyway. It's just their overall look or perhaps face.. Am i alone?
#2TableFlipPosted 12/3/2012 7:43:45 PM
When I first saw the genies,I was like, "What is this I don't even..."
---
I don't even know anymore.
#3phantom_arcane5Posted 12/3/2012 7:45:22 PM
When I first saw Gen 5 I was like that as well^

Then I actually loved it :)
---
WULD........ .......... ............. NA KEST!
M'aiq knows much, and tells some.
#4Ku-Ri-Boh(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 8:00:46 PM
phantom_arcane5 posted...
When I first saw Gen 5 I was like that as well^

Then I actually loved it :)

I immediately loved genV from the get-go. This is different. I LIKE the genie's designs. Just that they don't feel Pokemon. They look like some awesomely designed youkai for different series (not hinting Digimon)

If you know me on this board, i'm one of the few who hates genwunners with passion
#5DarkBlueAntPosted 12/3/2012 8:03:01 PM
They look as much like Pokemon as Mewtwo does.

Mewtwo looks WAY different than a standard Pokemon design (Something like Pikachu), but he's regarded as one of the classics.
#6Hayato NekketsuPosted 12/3/2012 8:04:11 PM
I think the problem is is that their faces look human. Even the new forms are basically slightly tweaked human heads on animal bodies.
#7ColonelHawkPosted 12/3/2012 8:54:48 PM
For me it's Throh and Sawk. I can take Vanillish and Trubbish(Funnily enough I actually only disliked Trubbish and Garbador back before their english names were released because I couldn't tell what they were. Once I realized what they were, they grew on me), but Throh and Sawk just look out of place. They look like Muppet versions of The Thing and Iceman if they took martial arts lessons.
#8Ku-Ri-Boh(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 9:20:57 PM
ColonelHawk posted...
For me it's Throh and Sawk. I can take Vanillish and Trubbish(Funnily enough I actually only disliked Trubbish and Garbador back before their english names were released because I couldn't tell what they were. Once I realized what they were, they grew on me), but Throh and Sawk just look out of place. They look like Muppet versions of The Thing and Iceman if they took martial arts lessons.

I'm strangely okay with Throh and Sawk. They look totally like Pokemon to me thx to Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee

While we're at it, up till today i still can't see Jynx as a Pokemon
#9xylophone2Posted 12/3/2012 9:22:47 PM
I'll admit I scoffed a little at fifth gen. when it was first coming out. Didn't stop me from loving it once I actually got a copy though.
---
With each passing day, the world finds new and exciting ways to kill a man.-Balthier FFXII
#10RiokenPosted 12/3/2012 9:32:00 PM
Ku-Ri-Boh posted...
ColonelHawk posted...

I'm strangely okay with Throh and Sawk. They look totally like Pokemon to me thx to Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee

While we're at it, up till today i still can't see Jynx as a Pokemon

This. I'm surprised. Throh and Sawk imo fit perfectly into Pokemon.

Garbador
Swoobat
Druddigon
Archeops
Ducklet and Swanna
Cryogonal
Bouffalant
Heatmor

off the top of my head all look a little out of place or rather inconsistent with past designs. Not saying it's a bad thing or good thing. It is what it is.

I feel like with all the "ugly" looking new Pokes they tried to have like a million things going on in the design at once instead of utilizing something simpler yet appealing. I'M LOOKING AT YOU DRUDDIGON/GARBADOR.
---
~Pokemon Soul Silver Friend Code:0260 2924 1255~
~Pokemon White Friend Code:4598 8780 9212~