This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Silly nicknames you or your friends gave your pokemon.

#21zean22Posted 12/4/2012 2:16:43 AM
i named a rattata, F***Rat.
then traded it to a friend, it was so funny.
#22MizunoRyuuPosted 12/4/2012 2:33:34 AM
When I went through my weeaboo phase, I used stupid sounding Japanese names.

Blaziken = Tendori (heaven bird)
Hariyama = Faitaa (fighter)
Aggron = Kinbake (metal monster)
Crawdaunt = Kurogani (dark crab)

etc...
---
Evelynn is my waifu.
Help... Me...
#23blaze163Posted 12/4/2012 2:37:35 AM
I've named any Magikarp I've ever caught Magikrap for obvious reasons.

I lost a battle due to my opponent using hacks, and was forced to give up my Mewtwo to the victor, so just to spite the cheating git I nicknamed Mewtwo S***biscuit before the trade so he was stuck with it.

I was traded a Wailord for unlocking the Regi's that the owner had named FailWhale.

Every now and then I'll name a random Pokemon 'OverThere'. Just so when used in battle I get such delights as 'Let's go, over there!'.
---
'Hey, that one wasn't my fault. They're twins. I'd had a lot to drink, they look really similar, and you know, sometimes the hand just slips...' - Long story...
#243R9SasukePosted 12/4/2012 3:55:55 AM
The most for me is I once got a Charizard named Charmander in the trade. Always freaked people out when I used it against them.
#25Dark_EinherjarPosted 12/4/2012 5:56:36 AM
I had this Dragonite with Aerial Ace, Earthquake, Ice Punch and Superpower in my Pearl. It hit 13 of the 17 Pokémon types for super-effective damage.

I named it "ISE-Knight"; "ISE" stands for "It's Super Effective". :P
---
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."
-Sirius Black
#26PolimarioPosted 12/4/2012 6:00:37 AM
Once named a Snorlax Queen Chub because it was female. (The name I had in mind was for a male Snorlax)

Also named my Tepig Bakugami. If you don't know what that is, then you haven't played one of the best games of all time.
---
"If speed and deadly accuracy had children, I'd be their favorite!" -Sniper (MNC/SMNC)
#27MysticSoldier5Posted 12/4/2012 6:00:48 AM
Sun Castform: Starburst

Rain Castform: Teardrop

Hail Castform: Snowball

Shiny Gyarados: RedOctober

Black Kyurem: Stormo
---
http://i.imgur.com/6DdDc.gif
#28EastonRoguePosted 12/4/2012 10:09:57 AM
My youngest brother named his Geodude, "Dudegeo" in Heart Gold...
---
PSN EU ID: East000n
#29Dark_EinherjarPosted 12/4/2012 10:15:16 AM
Oh, yeah, I also named a Snorlax "Igordão" (that was the portuguese name for "Fat Bastard", the villain from Austin Powers).
---
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."
-Sirius Black
#30GhetsisPosted 12/4/2012 10:44:22 AM
"Oh no, it"

Best name ever. Try it yourself!
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?