This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you remember

• Topic Archived
3 years ago#1
What got you into Pokemon?

For me it was an ambiguous Lunchables box that had Pokemon on it, most notably Electrode, Raticate and Arbok, and one curiosity led to another
Let me make this crystal clear; Ruby and Sapphire remakes are coming this generation (gen 5). Get the hell over it.
3 years ago#2
Mom gave me a yellow version, the rest was history
I always listen, I just don't respond.
B2 FC: 3010 5891 4441
3 years ago#3
Do you remember what got you into Pokemon?

BlackFC:1807-8830-3725. "Squids are evil!"
3 years ago#4
When the card game first came out & other kids were playing it (while nobody knew the rules) in Junior school.
3 years ago#5
The 1st season of the anime. Then i bought Pokemon red for my game boy brick. :)
3 years ago#6
I remember that Pokemon was all the rage at my school, and at the time, I couldn't see the appeal. I was never one to keep up with the latest fads. But it was so popular that one day I just decided to give it a shot, just to see what all the fuss is about. Watched an episode of the anime (might've been Sparks Fly for Magnemite, but I really don't remember) and the rest was history. I was hooked from that moment, and never once lost interest. My next birthday, I got my first three Pokemon games- in the morning, my parents gave me my first Game Boy- a Game Boy Color- and Red Version and Yellow Version. Later on in the day, I got Blue Version from my aunt and uncle.
3 years ago#7
All I remember is that one of my mom's friends gave her a Yellow Gameboy Color alongside RBY, and that she gave them to me.
"If speed and deadly accuracy had children, I'd be their favorite!" -Sniper (MNC/SMNC)
3 years ago#8
I got a VHS about Pokemon for being a subscriber to Nintendo Power. I thought it looked awesome, and I was pumped.
"What are you waiting for, Mr. Howel? Start talking into a fish!"
-The Skipper (Early B & W episode of Gilligan's Island)
3 years ago#9
Either my friend had Pokemon Red and Blue and I watched him play one and he let me start a new file on the one he wasn't playing, or I saw the "Chaw men duh" with Damien episode of the anime. I forget which one happened first, but I started watching the anime a lot after that.
--- Upcoming free Tower Defense game, check it out if you want. I'm not the boss of you.
3 years ago#10
This old guy with a beard rolled up in his van and asked if i wanted some candy, all i remember after that is sitting at the police station watching the anime and thinking how cool it was

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived