This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you remember

#1TherianReturnsPosted 12/4/2012 4:18:44 AM
What got you into Pokemon?

For me it was an ambiguous Lunchables box that had Pokemon on it, most notably Electrode, Raticate and Arbok, and one curiosity led to another
---
Let me make this crystal clear; Ruby and Sapphire remakes are coming this generation (gen 5). Get the hell over it.
#2uuurrrgghPosted 12/4/2012 4:20:08 AM
Mom gave me a yellow version, the rest was history
---
I always listen, I just don't respond.
B2 FC: 3010 5891 4441
#3MugilokoPosted 12/4/2012 5:24:23 AM(edited)
Do you remember what got you into Pokemon?

Nope.
---
BlackFC:1807-8830-3725. "Squids are evil!" http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/a/a6/571Zoroark.png/180px-571Zoroark.png
#4feraldrgnPosted 12/4/2012 4:49:46 AM
When the card game first came out & other kids were playing it (while nobody knew the rules) in Junior school.
#5Enzoa7xPosted 12/4/2012 5:42:56 AM
The 1st season of the anime. Then i bought Pokemon red for my game boy brick. :)
#6Missingno_MastrPosted 12/4/2012 5:51:28 AM
I remember that Pokemon was all the rage at my school, and at the time, I couldn't see the appeal. I was never one to keep up with the latest fads. But it was so popular that one day I just decided to give it a shot, just to see what all the fuss is about. Watched an episode of the anime (might've been Sparks Fly for Magnemite, but I really don't remember) and the rest was history. I was hooked from that moment, and never once lost interest. My next birthday, I got my first three Pokemon games- in the morning, my parents gave me my first Game Boy- a Game Boy Color- and Red Version and Yellow Version. Later on in the day, I got Blue Version from my aunt and uncle.
---
http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/groups/weezing-alliance/pictures/59420-1.PNG
#7PolimarioPosted 12/4/2012 6:25:25 AM
All I remember is that one of my mom's friends gave her a Yellow Gameboy Color alongside RBY, and that she gave them to me.
---
"If speed and deadly accuracy had children, I'd be their favorite!" -Sniper (MNC/SMNC)
#8AirBorneCoffeeTPosted 12/4/2012 7:13:00 AM
I got a VHS about Pokemon for being a subscriber to Nintendo Power. I thought it looked awesome, and I was pumped.
---
"What are you waiting for, Mr. Howel? Start talking into a fish!"
-The Skipper (Early B & W episode of Gilligan's Island)
#9CornwallacePosted 12/4/2012 7:21:35 AM
Either my friend had Pokemon Red and Blue and I watched him play one and he let me start a new file on the one he wasn't playing, or I saw the "Chaw men duh" with Damien episode of the anime. I forget which one happened first, but I started watching the anime a lot after that.
---
http://creativegametheory.com/ Upcoming free Tower Defense game, check it out if you want. I'm not the boss of you.
#10HojjeePosted 12/4/2012 7:28:07 AM
This old guy with a beard rolled up in his van and asked if i wanted some candy, all i remember after that is sitting at the police station watching the anime and thinking how cool it was