This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rebuttal against the smogon hate

#1aznsealPosted 12/5/2012 12:12:30 AM
After reading this entire topic, i've decided to do a systematic rebuttal of every single argument made.

Smogon is dumb because I can't use my favorite pokemons because of tiers
No one is stopping you from using your favorite pokemon. If you want to use Charizard and Pikachu, go for it. Have fun getting stomped.

Smogon is dumb because they ban certain pokemon :(
Then go play ubers lol. If you really want to use Excadrill, feel free to use it in ubers. Just let me know how fun it is to face ScarfKyogre over and over again :)

But I want to use Excadrill in OU not ubers! (connected to above point)
Then you are being a hypocrite. Why does your desire to use Excadrill in OU outweigh someone else's desire to use Kyogre or Palka?

Smogon is dumb because they make rules not endorsed by Nintendo
The rules are just suggestions. Smogon has a VGC tier.

Smogon is dumb because they ban certain moves like double team or moody
I mean, if you want me to, I can wreck you with a team of 6 double team users. You let me know how fun that is.

But playing evasion teams is fun!
Opinion so I can't argue it. Then again, learn2utilitarianism

Smogon is dumb because it's full of super serious battlers
Then don't be a scrub. You have fun running Fire Blast, Flame Thrower, Seismic Toss, and Fly on Charizard, they have fun crippling your entire team with Stealth Rocks. Deal with it.

Smogon is dumb because people follow their movesets like zombies
Because the move sets work, but good battlers know you need to customize EV spreads and modify sets to suit your needs. Personally, I customized a forretress set that was able to counter Landorus, Gliscor, Dragons, and Terrakion.

tl;dr: Get better at Pokemon.
---
Did you just compare brawl to 9/11. ~mufficity Well, yeah. Both are national disasters.~Zolios
Lightsaiot - Lvl 200 Dark Knight [Broa]
#2CrystalKing5426Posted 12/5/2012 12:13:50 AM
Oh geez, a Smogon forum user found his way onto Gamefaqs.
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
#3Master_AlbertPosted 12/5/2012 12:14:48 AM
smogoon is evul, not as evul as gam frak buy very vary evul, they wants too ban evry pokman in the werld
---
gen 8 is the best gen so far
#4Roc_RaidaPosted 12/5/2012 12:14:50 AM
You personally used a Forretress that was able to counter Dragons/Lando/Glis? Let me guess, the legendary HP Ice Forretress, right?
---
http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.112571!/img/httpImage/image.jpg
I am, have been, and will continue to be BUTT-DEVASTATED by the NY Knicks
#5Catcher_FreemanPosted 12/5/2012 12:15:04 AM
I agree on all points.
---
The mac daddy of the Pokemon Black 2 board.
#6AuroraSonicBeamPosted 12/5/2012 12:15:38 AM
aznseal posted...
After reading this entire topic, i've decided to do a systematic rebuttal of every single argument made.

Smogon is dumb because I can't use my favorite pokemons because of tiers
No one is stopping you from using your favorite pokemon. If you want to use Charizard and Pikachu, go for it. Have fun getting stomped.

Smogon is dumb because they ban certain pokemon :(
Then go play ubers lol. If you really want to use Excadrill, feel free to use it in ubers. Just let me know how fun it is to face ScarfKyogre over and over again :)

But I want to use Excadrill in OU not ubers! (connected to above point)
Then you are being a hypocrite. Why does your desire to use Excadrill in OU outweigh someone else's desire to use Kyogre or Palka?

Smogon is dumb because they make rules not endorsed by Nintendo
The rules are just suggestions. Smogon has a VGC tier.

Smogon is dumb because they ban certain moves like double team or moody
I mean, if you want me to, I can wreck you with a team of 6 double team users. You let me know how fun that is.

But playing evasion teams is fun!
Opinion so I can't argue it. Then again, learn2utilitarianism

Smogon is dumb because it's full of super serious battlers
Then don't be a scrub. You have fun running Fire Blast, Flame Thrower, Seismic Toss, and Fly on Charizard, they have fun crippling your entire team with Stealth Rocks. Deal with it.

Smogon is dumb because people follow their movesets like zombies
Because the move sets work, but good battlers know you need to customize EV spreads and modify sets to suit your needs. Personally, I customized a forretress set that was able to counter Landorus, Gliscor, Dragons, and Terrakion.

tl;dr: Get better at Pokemon.

get a life sir.
---
If you fail to get krump....nothing you do in life will succeed.- Krump King ASB
Black 2: 0820-1866-0181
#7TheNargacugaPosted 12/5/2012 12:16:19 AM
TC was smiling while making this topic.
---
Posts in a topic do not have to be on topic if it goes with the natural flow of conversation.- Baseman (Moderator)
#8KeeperOfShadowsPosted 12/5/2012 12:16:24 AM
Was this really necessary?

I mean, I won't say your points are wrong, but, people are gonna be people.

People complain. Whether for or against something. People complain.

We are all (as far as I know) only human...
---
I am The Defender of Darkness. The Knight of Nothingness. The Master of Murkiness.
I am the Keeper of Shadows, AND I WILL RULE YOU!!
#9KyrieIrvingPosted 12/5/2012 12:17:27 AM
All Hail Smogon, King of Kings!
#10aznseal(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 12:18:02 AM
Roc_Raida posted...
You personally used a Forretress that was able to counter Dragons/Lando/Glis? Let me guess, the legendary HP Ice Forretress, right?

Yeah. That was a long ass time ago. Now HP Ice is almost standard.

Note, i wasn't the first person to use HP Ice on Forry, but I set Evs/used a moveset that suited my team at the time.
---
Did you just compare brawl to 9/11. ~mufficity Well, yeah. Both are national disasters.~Zolios
Lightsaiot - Lvl 200 Dark Knight [Broa]