This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokemon known to harm humans

#1AnclationPosted 12/5/2012 7:51:18 AM
So supposedly no Pokemon is evil, yet it seems that quite a few Pokemon out there have no qualms against hurting humans in various ways. Hell, the Chandelure line will drain your life force, steal your soul and kill it with fire! Kyurem was rumored to eat people. Hypno...actually, let's not go there.

Anyways, what Pokemon strike you as the most notable in their eagerness to harm humans? You don't have to just go by the Pokedex and the main games, you can also cite other media, like the anime, the manga etc.
#2BirdPwNz100Posted 12/5/2012 7:52:55 AM
Darkrai. It tortures you while you're asleep.
---
PSN: oBirdPwNz-
#3EchoPhoenixPosted 12/5/2012 7:55:36 AM
In the RBY there's a sign in Mt. Moon that warns you about Zubats being blood-suckers.

Mewtwo also hurt its creator with its violent tendencies, but that's a case of revenge, I guess.
#4Anclation(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 8:06:05 AM
BirdPwNz100 posted...
Darkrai. It tortures you while you're asleep.

The Pokedex says that that is some sort of defense mechanism though. There are quite a few Pokemon that outright go after humans without provocation.
#5DarkDragon386Posted 12/5/2012 8:15:43 AM
Shedinja apparently makes anything that looks at its back an empty shell, which includes the trainer using it.
---
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)
#6RatedRKO7Posted 12/5/2012 8:19:21 AM
DarkDragon386 posted...
Shedinja apparently makes anything that looks at its back an empty shell, which includes the trainer using it.

That will explain why the pc never talks.
---
Got it memorized?- Axel
Not changing this sig until Edge get inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame. Started 4/11/11
#7Anclation(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 8:53:58 AM
Jellicent may actually have the highest body count overall, given the Pokedex entry in Black:

The fate of the ships and crew that wander into Jellicent's habitat: all sunken, all lost, all vanished.
#8RemijiaPosted 12/5/2012 10:42:36 AM
IIRC, isn't the only reference to "no Pokemon being evil" just something that a random NPC said? Possibly preceded by an "I think"? I don't remember it ever being stated by the developers, or even said in-game without it being worded as opinion. Basically, it's about as true as shorts being comfortable and easy to wear (and they aren't!).

That said, in the first episode of the anime, Ash nearly relives a scene from The Birds, compliments of Spearow. I might remember that wrong. XD
#9Davidk92Posted 12/5/2012 10:44:45 AM
Well, Pokemon are basically animals with a few exceptions, so of course some of them might attack humans. It doesn't make them "evil" any more than a wild tiger mauling a human is.

Anyway, to answer your question I would definately say that creatures as wild as Primape or Tyranitar are most likely to attack humans.
---
"Why create when it will only be destroyed? Why cling to life, knowing that you have to die? None of it will have meant anything once you do."
~Kefka
#10Omni LegacyPosted 12/5/2012 10:47:45 AM
Victreebel, they eat people who get too close. And Cacturne stalks people in the desert.
---
"You've got to scold a god when they act up." ~ Marisa