The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Thinking of going back to playing Pokemon XD

#1PkmTrainerAbramPosted 12/5/2012 7:54:54 AM
I just randomly looked at my old review for the game and got a nostalgia rush urge to play it again.

My main file got destroyed, along with most of my Gamecube save files some years ago due to an incident I don't want to discuss. At any rate I never did 100% the game with unfinished Battle CDs and the tourney at the end and for the past 30 minutes I've felt a strong urge to go back and play it.

I don't really need any Pokemon from the game for Dex completion, but anyone who played the game, are there any worth transferring up to HG/Pl/BW/BW2? Ashamedly, I've forgotten pretty much all the special moves Pokemon learned from this game.
---
Currently playing: Capcom VS SNK 2(Gamecube), Pokemon Platinum/Heartgold(JPN)
#2BirdPwNz100Posted 12/5/2012 8:03:48 AM
The Shadow Lugia can be transferable once it's purified. It knows some unique attacks, Hydro Pump, Eartquake, Aeroblast?, and Psycho Boost - think.
---
PSN: oBirdPwNz-
#3PkmTrainerAbram(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 8:15:27 AM
I don't have a properly EV trained Lugia, so that's one incentive to play again I guess.

I should probably use the game guide but I really don't fancy having to go underneath my bed to get it though.

Probably pick Umbreon as my starter this time.
---
#4Dark_EinherjarPosted 12/5/2012 8:43:06 AM
Tri Attack Togepi with Serene Grace is interesting to have.

Heal Bell Dragonite and Follow Me Electabuzz are also nice options. You'll miss Multiscale on Nite, though.
---
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."
-Sirius Black
#5HozuPosted 12/5/2012 8:51:33 AM
If you're serious about SRing stuff then look here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/group.php?groupid=94

I took the time to list the level boost the useful shadow mons have when the enemy uses them. That will assist in figuring out their stats for in-battle HP and speed testing.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qCo47.png
#6Brandon042487Posted 12/5/2012 9:13:17 AM
Why not make it into a LP for youtube?

I havnt seen a lot of XD lps
---
Pokemon Black FC: 1206 7087 1869 [Vesper]
Pokemon Black2 FC: 0648 3939 0779 [Brandon]
#7PkmTrainerAbram(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 9:19:22 AM
Assuming I just kill the Shadow Pokemon and it defaults to Miror B, can the IVs change every time you SR with him, or are they set in stone the moment you first see them with another Trainer?

Awesome wrtieups by the way.
---
#8HozuPosted 12/5/2012 9:20:51 AM
IVs and nature is fixed upon the first time YOU encounter it in battle. The shadow Zangoose is not set upon the first two times you see it in battle because it's not used against you.

Ability can change however.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qCo47.png
#9PkmTrainerAbram(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 9:21:00 AM
Brandon042487 posted...
Why not make it into a LP for youtube?

I havnt seen a lot of XD lps

I don't have the equipment nor the time for this. Also, I doubt I could make it very interesting.

Off hand Hozu, I'm just going to assume I can't connect my Japanese Leaf Green to XD right?
---
#10shadowreaper7Posted 12/5/2012 9:22:08 AM
Dark_Einherjar posted...
Tri Attack Togepi with Serene Grace is interesting to have.

Heal Bell Dragonite and Follow Me Electabuzz are also nice options. You'll miss Multiscale on Nite, though.

Definitely grab that Tri Attack togekiss, its very effective. Capable of crippling both Special and Physical sweepers with the possible status effects.

But yeah, if you can get that Electabuzz at a good nature and IV's its quite good, however i prefer cloning the togepi on emerald, trading a clone back and getting the Elekid with elemental punches & Cross chop. its nice for breeding.

However, you can't guarentee serene grace will stay on the pokemon once it reaches 4th Gen and evolves, as there is a 50/50 (?) chance the nature will change.
Furthermore you can't trade the togepi or any pokemon for that matter unti. completing the game. So if you want to rush through, pick up Jolteon, and then pick up the spheal, they ROFL stomp everything. Heck almost anything will ROFL Stomp, but those are really early and really easy to get with nice level up move pools.
Just beaware you may be resetting for ages trying to get a decent IV togepi timid.
---
Black FC: 2666-8397-4718
Author of the Starfox Story on the Starfox Assault board. Check it out! Don't Fear the Reaper