This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Thinking of going back to playing Pokemon XD

#11PkmTrainerAbram(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 9:23:19 AM
Hozu posted...
IVs and nature is fixed upon the first time YOU encounter it in battle. The shadow Zangoose is not set upon the first two times you see it in battle because it's not used against you.

Ability can change however.

Ok, this means I'm going to go through alot of SRing. Depending on which Pokemon I want to actually use. Sucks I can't blast through the game.

I forget, when is the earliest I can trade to a GBA game? I could just blast through with those mons if possible.
---
Currently playing: Capcom VS SNK 2(Gamecube), Pokemon Platinum/Heartgold(JPN)
#12PkmTrainerAbram(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 9:25:45 AM
shadowreaper7 posted...
Dark_Einherjar posted...
Tri Attack Togepi with Serene Grace is interesting to have.

Heal Bell Dragonite and Follow Me Electabuzz are also nice options. You'll miss Multiscale on Nite, though.

Definitely grab that Tri Attack togekiss, its very effective. Capable of crippling both Special and Physical sweepers with the possible status effects.

But yeah, if you can get that Electabuzz at a good nature and IV's its quite good, however i prefer cloning the togepi on emerald, trading a clone back and getting the Elekid with elemental punches & Cross chop. its nice for breeding.

However, you can't guarentee serene grace will stay on the pokemon once it reaches 4th Gen and evolves, as there is a 50/50 (?) chance the nature will change.
Furthermore you can't trade the togepi or any pokemon for that matter unti. completing the game. So if you want to rush through, pick up Jolteon, and then pick up the spheal, they ROFL stomp everything. Heck almost anything will ROFL Stomp, but those are really early and really easy to get with nice level up move pools.
Just beaware you may be resetting for ages trying to get a decent IV togepi timid.

Good suggestion. I already have a Jolteon and Wailrein trained so I wouldn't mind using them as junk Pokes in this.
---
#13shadowreaper7Posted 12/5/2012 9:27:35 AM
Pkmn Tranier Abram posted...
shadowreaper7 posted...
Dark_Einherjar posted...
Tri Attack Togepi with Serene Grace is interesting to have.

Heal Bell Dragonite and Follow Me Electabuzz are also nice options. You'll miss Multiscale on Nite, though.

Definitely grab that Tri Attack togekiss, its very effective. Capable of crippling both Special and Physical sweepers with the possible status effects.

But yeah, if you can get that Electabuzz at a good nature and IV's its quite good, however i prefer cloning the togepi on emerald, trading a clone back and getting the Elekid with elemental punches & Cross chop. its nice for breeding.

However, you can't guarentee serene grace will stay on the pokemon once it reaches 4th Gen and evolves, as there is a 50/50 (?) chance the nature will change.
Furthermore you can't trade the togepi or any pokemon for that matter unti. completing the game. So if you want to rush through, pick up Jolteon, and then pick up the spheal, they ROFL stomp everything. Heck almost anything will ROFL Stomp, but those are really early and really easy to get with nice level up move pools.
Just beaware you may be resetting for ages trying to get a decent IV togepi timid.

Good suggestion. I already have a Jolteon and Wailrein trained so I wouldn't mind using them as junk Pokes in this.

I almost forgot, breed an Adamant Snorlax (w/Curse) in Emerald and try for perfect or near perfect IV's. Bring it over to XD and teach it Selfdestruct, i believe thats the only way to get a Cursplode lax.
---
Black FC: 2666-8397-4718
Author of the Starfox Story on the Starfox Assault board. Check it out! Don't Fear the Reaper
#14HozuPosted 12/5/2012 9:27:54 AM
You can trade only after you beat the game.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qCo47.png
#15PkmTrainerAbram(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 10:27:23 AM
I almost forgot, breed an Adamant Snorlax (w/Curse) in Emerald and try for perfect or near perfect IV's. Bring it over to XD and teach it Selfdestruct, i believe thats the only way to get a Cursplode lax.

Already did that years ago. Thanks anyway. I'm going to make a list of what I really want from this game. Pretty sure I still have a Sing Gulpin sitting in Emerald that I've never used.
---
#16PkmTrainerAbram(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 10:41:02 AM
Maybe I missed it but can you tell if a Poke is shiny when in Shadow mode?
---
#17Chaos_EchoPosted 12/5/2012 10:43:08 AM
And then there's also Extrasensory Legendary Birds, if that matters.
---
Majora's Incarnation is what happens when game designers smoke crack.
#18face235Posted 12/5/2012 10:45:48 AM
IIRC, I think that none of the Shadow Pokemon in this game can be shiny. There were glitches that happened upon purification in the first game that removed shinyness.
---
{aB} Pokemon Black 2 FC: 3311-2393-4069
#19face235Posted 12/5/2012 10:46:32 AM
And, whattya know, I'm also doing a Pokemon XD playthrough as well.
---
{aB} Pokemon Black 2 FC: 3311-2393-4069
#20HozuPosted 12/5/2012 10:49:03 AM
Yes in XD ALL shadow Pokémon cannot be shiny. That was their solution to the Colosseum shiny issue. Instead of just... you know... calculating shinyness against YOUR TID/SID at all times.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qCo47.png