This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Remember back in Gen I to 4

#1360pagesPosted 12/5/2012 6:56:26 PM
Where almost every pokemon could learn at least one of every type of move, now Gen 5 comes along and made all the New pokemon movepools crappy.
---
Black Friend code 5457 8868 8614
Brawl friend code 1205-6397-3466
#2Bass50Posted 12/5/2012 7:01:15 PM
No mention of how most of those moves were non-damaging support moves that were replaced with new, non-damaging support moves that match the pokemon's type and provide a support effect that is the same as the move that was replaced, or something that better suited the pokemon or at least made more sense with it's body type?
#3reaverzPosted 12/5/2012 7:04:46 PM
My theory is that it was the infinite-use TM system that made Gamefreak decide to limit movepools. Of course, this mostly affected the Pokemon from Gen 5, because they couldn't really just have older Pokemon suddenly be unable to learn TM moves they could before.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#4360pages(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 7:06:18 PM
Bass50 posted...
No mention of how most of those moves were non-damaging support moves that were replaced with new, non-damaging support moves that match the pokemon's type and provide a support effect that is the same as the move that was replaced, or something that better suited the pokemon or at least made more sense with it's body type?

Slowbro learned flamethrower, almost everything learned earthquake. Grassknot pikachu, plus surfing pikachu.

Mantric (SP?) also learned flamethrower, and Nitdoking learned almost everything from flamethrower to Ice beam, those are just off the top of my head.
---
Black Friend code 5457 8868 8614
Brawl friend code 1205-6397-3466
#5Bass50Posted 12/6/2012 1:25:18 PM
360pages posted...
Bass50 posted...

Slowbro learned flamethrower, almost everything learned earthquake. Grassknot pikachu, plus surfing pikachu.

Mantric (SP?) also learned flamethrower, and Nitdoking learned almost everything from flamethrower to Ice beam, those are just off the top of my head.

Slowbro can still learn Flamethrower through the TM, as well as Fire Blast and Incinerate. Nidoking can learn all three moves through TMs too, as well as Ice Beam and Avalanche. Manetric has Fire Fang in it's natural movepool and can learn Flamethrower and Overheat through TMs, Pikachu can learn Grass Knot with the TM and could never learn Surf unless it was an event/special Pikachu. Earthquake can still be learned by over 130 pokemon, naturally and through TM. Plus, TMs can be used as many times as one wants without being destroyed, and finding them isn't super hard, either.