This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Man, this guy had NO idea what he was doing

#21AuroraSonicBeamPosted 12/6/2012 11:55:07 AM
MileRun posted...
Sorry, the "It's not like he could switch. >_>" part was supposed to be biting sarcasm. I forget that gets lost without vocal inflection.

God people are dense to not understand this post. The bold is indicative of irony and sarcasm
---
If you fail to get krump....nothing you do in life will succeed.- Krump King ASB
Black 2: 0820-1866-0181
#22FwahmPosted 12/6/2012 11:57:41 AM
AuroraSonicBeam posted...
MileRun posted...
Sorry, the "It's not like he could switch. >_>" part was supposed to be biting sarcasm. I forget that gets lost without vocal inflection.

God people are dense to not understand this post. The bold is indicative of irony and sarcasm

It could also indicate a disbelief in the situation, as in a "what are the chances" sort of way. Sarcasm does not have a monopoly on that emote.
#23RomeoMinolaPosted 12/6/2012 12:00:01 PM
Grammar_man posted...
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou5520465

This one is perhaps even worse, seeing how my opponent actually had built his team.

Best. Gengar. Ever.
#24AuroraSonicBeamPosted 12/6/2012 12:00:19 PM
Fwahm posted...
MileRun posted...

It could also indicate a disbelief in the situation, as in a "what are the chances" sort of way. Sarcasm does not have a monopoly on that emote.

Of course it doesn't. It would be stupid to conclude that it indicates disbelief as it doesn't make sense...it's called context.
---
If you fail to get krump....nothing you do in life will succeed.- Krump King ASB
#25FwahmPosted 12/6/2012 12:04:30 PM
Fwahm posted...
MileRun posted...

Of course it doesn't. It would be stupid to conclude that it indicates disbelief as it doesn't make sense...it's called context.

Er, yes it could. A situation where one pokemon is taunted AND trapped, and who's pokemon's only offensive move is explosion is a rare and unlucky occasion indeed, so the poster could indeed have been expressing disbelief.
#26AuroraSonicBeamPosted 12/6/2012 1:24:08 PM
Fwahm posted...
Fwahm posted...
MileRun posted...

Er, yes it could. A situation where one pokemon is taunted AND trapped, and who's pokemon's only offensive move is explosion is a rare and unlucky occasion indeed, so the poster could indeed have been expressing disbelief.

lol, no. In this case the pokemon wasn't trapped, Banette doesn't have Shadow Tag and it can't even learn a trapping move, so I say again, it wouldn't make any sense if he were to use that emote to express disbelief because if anything the emoticon "o_0" expresses it better. ">_>" indicate shifty eyes
---
#27FwahmPosted 12/6/2012 1:31:54 PM
lol, no. In this case the pokemon wasn't trapped, Banette doesn't have Shadow Tag and it can't even learn a trapping move, so I say again, it wouldn't make any sense if he were to use that emote to express disbelief because if anything the emoticon "o_0" expresses it better. ">_>" indicate shifty eyes

Shifty eyes can express disbelief just as well as wide open ones, and your point about trapping isn't valid as not everyone who read it would necessarily know offhand that Banette can't trap opponents.
#28electric_emuPosted 12/6/2012 1:39:29 PM
Yeah he was dumb. Explosion on Banette, really? It's like he was making moves he just had no idea about the Pokemon he was fighting.

Also, Qwilfish owns.
#29jayman7Posted 12/6/2012 2:26:31 PM(edited)
Wow. I may not be a competitive player, but I know better than to use Explosion on Ghosts, Toxic on Steels, include Protect AND Detect on the same Pokemon, or try to make tanks or annoyers out of Pokemon with tremendous offensive stats and terrible defensive ones.

A minor thing in the first battle that made me laugh: his Tentacool used Rapid Spin on a Rock/Steel-type. Great for getting rid of the entry hazards? Not really. The only entry hazard out was Toxic Spikes, which Tentacool would have already cleared away if not for his Air Balloon, and his only other remaining Pokemon (Tornadus) was immune to anyway. So that didn't matter, it was only weak damage against a double-resistance. Brilliant!
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere