This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do pokemon have abortions?

#31SquidSurferPosted 12/6/2012 2:10:20 AM
SirDanieI posted...
LightningAce11 posted...
Why do people get offended? It's just getting rid of something you don't want.

Because some people believe that it is akin to killing a live baby. I personally think it is somewhat alright (dont like it though) if the baby is before the second trimesta; past that it is too alive.

To be honest, I believe that the world is crowded enough as is. It's a dog eat dog world, and supplies are limited. Fruits, vegetables, animals. All have living cells, all are alive, yet we kill them to survive. A human is no different. The... Fertile cells are alive from the moment they are produced. Living cells. There is no difference between killing a baby, nor eradicating said cells, save for the number of them. If you're fine with early abortion, you're just basing the choice on consciousness, which almost all animals have, and by that logic, killing animals is wrong.
---
Pokemon Black 2 Friend Code: 2795-8602-4407
#32CheckmateD1Posted 12/6/2012 2:10:49 AM
Do you feel bad for killing an insect? Or when you eat a cheeseburger?

If not then you might as well not complain about abortion. /opinions
---
http://johnfenzel.typepad.com/john_fenzels_blog/images/checkmate.jpg
#33SirDanieIPosted 12/6/2012 2:57:26 AM
SquidSurfer posted...
SirDanieI posted...
LightningAce11 posted...
Why do people get offended? It's just getting rid of something you don't want.

Because some people believe that it is akin to killing a live baby. I personally think it is somewhat alright (dont like it though) if the baby is before the second trimesta; past that it is too alive.

To be honest, I believe that the world is crowded enough as is. It's a dog eat dog world, and supplies are limited. Fruits, vegetables, animals. All have living cells, all are alive, yet we kill them to survive. A human is no different. The... Fertile cells are alive from the moment they are produced. Living cells. There is no difference between killing a baby, nor eradicating said cells, save for the number of them. If you're fine with early abortion, you're just basing the choice on consciousness, which almost all animals have, and by that logic, killing animals is wrong.

Not entirely sure what you are saying. If you are arguing that abortion is alright since their are limited resources than we should be allowed to kill anybody we want since a baby is a human just like a adult. However the actual reason why people allow the killing of babies is because people believe before the second trimester the baby is not 'alive' or sentient. Perhaps a good way to describe it would be soulless. After the second trimesta the baby/fetus actually responds and such so people believe its cruel to kill it and thus it is illegal in many countries to kill past the second trimester.
---
23/11/12 Me: WTF Why do you have 6 boots?
NoobElise: Aren't I a spider?
#34SirDanieIPosted 12/6/2012 3:03:19 AM
CheckmateD1 posted...

Except it isn't a insect or a cheesburger. It is a human. And I think I would feel pretty bad about killing humans. Indeed a baby is less intelligent than an adult however it still will eventually will be.
---
#35TheBlueDeathPosted 12/6/2012 3:53:05 AM
SirDanieI posted...
CheckmateD1 posted...

Except it isn't a insect or a cheesburger. It is a human. And I think I would feel pretty bad about killing humans. Indeed a baby is less intelligent than an adult however it still will eventually will be.

The concept of human differs greatly depending on who you ask.

When it is a "baby' also changes upon opinion, given the many stages of abortion that can occur.
---
~~~~RED~~~~ ~~~~GREEN~~~~ ~~~~~BLUE~~~~~
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#36SirDanieIPosted 12/6/2012 3:57:56 AM
TheBlueDeath posted...
SirDanieI posted...
CheckmateD1 posted...

The concept of human differs greatly depending on who you ask.

When it is a "baby' also changes upon opinion, given the many stages of abortion that can occur.

Like I said; the current legal regulations for abortion are alright i.e no abortion past second trimester
---
#37shadowreaper7Posted 12/6/2012 4:16:08 AM
There is still a great deal of "hypocrisy" is what is shown through some of these arguments, and is what i'm inclined to agree with.
People are fine with removing large amounts of cells using large amount of biological and/or chemical concoctions to kill cells (like anti-bacterial hand wash), it merely becomes debatable apparently if that cells evolves into life (yet all cells are responsible for life) that we care for.

Some people are against abortion in its entirety, some are against it in the latter stages, and some don't oppose it at all. People dislike the thought of killing a living being that can feel pain and respond, but many Cattle, Lambs, chickens, pigs etc. Are mercilessly slaughtered daily. I wonder truly how many of these people also protest against Animal testing and slaughter of these animals.
Stun them, electrical voltage or use of gas, hang them upside down, slit their throat, blood is drained.

Abortion is (possibly) Mifepristone then prostagladin, causing the womb lining to break down and be removed with the embryo.
Then there is the later stages such as 20 weeks upwards but i won't be discussing that but involves surgical removal.

Either way we seem to be fine with the culling of numerous young useless cattle which we don't need for breeding or mating. Or lambs for food (under 12 months I.e. Killing your one year old child) etc etc.
But we don't wish to kill one of our own for what i presume to be sentimentality and religious reasons.

Ofc, if these people campaign against the killing of all, then i won't disagree, but there is still a good deal of hypocrisy in these arguments.

Still, Abortion is a delicate subject and should be dealt with as such and as such it does not belong on this board.
---
Black FC: 2666-8397-4718
Author of the Starfox Story on the Starfox Assault board. Check it out! Don't Fear the Reaper
#38TherianReturnsPosted 12/6/2012 4:21:20 AM
ITT: Single guys arguing about something that will never happen to them
---
Let me make this crystal clear; Ruby and Sapphire remakes are coming this generation (gen 5). Get the hell over it.
#39SirDanieIPosted 12/6/2012 4:31:09 AM
shadowreaper7 posted...
There is still a great deal of "hypocrisy" is what is shown through some of these arguments, and is what i'm inclined to agree with.
People are fine with removing large amounts of cells using large amount of biological and/or chemical concoctions to kill cells (like anti-bacterial hand wash), it merely becomes debatable apparently if that cells evolves into life (yet all cells are responsible for life) that we care for.

Some people are against abortion in its entirety, some are against it in the latter stages, and some don't oppose it at all. People dislike the thought of killing a living being that can feel pain and respond, but many Cattle, Lambs, chickens, pigs etc. Are mercilessly slaughtered daily. I wonder truly how many of these people also protest against Animal testing and slaughter of these animals.
Stun them, electrical voltage or use of gas, hang them upside down, slit their throat, blood is drained.

Abortion is (possibly) Mifepristone then prostagladin, causing the womb lining to break down and be removed with the embryo.
Then there is the later stages such as 20 weeks upwards but i won't be discussing that but involves surgical removal.

Either way we seem to be fine with the culling of numerous young useless cattle which we don't need for breeding or mating. Or lambs for food (under 12 months I.e. Killing your one year old child) etc etc.
But we don't wish to kill one of our own for what i presume to be sentimentality and religious reasons.

Ofc, if these people campaign against the killing of all, then i won't disagree, but there is still a good deal of hypocrisy in these arguments.

Still, Abortion is a delicate subject and should be dealt with as such and as such it does not belong on this board.

I do believe you do not quite understand anti-abortionists argument. Anti-abortionists argument has nothing to do with the slaughter of animals; that is not what this is about. Anti-abortionists dislike the killing of HUMANS not animals or bacteria simply because we instinctually dislike the murder of humans and we do not care about animals since they are food. It is hypocricy when you campaign for the rights of one animal but ignore anothers. However humans are differentof due to our morals of self preservation; that's why we have severe laws against killing humans rather than nothing for animals.

And lets just say this was hypocricy. Then shouldn't the people who argue for abortion be hypocritial since they are obviously all strongly against murder.
---
#40LexifoxPosted 12/6/2012 4:32:20 AM
Oh wow a big discussion I ain't gonna touch. Neat.

TherianReturns posted...
ITT: Single guys arguing about something that will never happen to them

Very few men will ever know what an abortion is like.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod