This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you feel about Challenge/Assist mode being post game/Ir unlock only

#11ZiterenkoyPosted 12/6/2012 9:33:29 AM
If trollfreak could they would only put unova pokemon ingame and charge 1$ for every other pokemon as DLC. They would even go far as you cant complete the game without having the opposite version.

Dem moneyz.
---
psn: Oyuncu
D3 profile: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/orhan-2484/hero/11184759
#12Plasma EXEPosted 12/6/2012 9:43:44 AM
Regardless of Pokemon having the principles of interacting with other people, it's dumb that the modes would be implemented only after you beat the game. You can't help your friend with assist mode or challenge mode if you haven't beaten the game.
---
The official Shiki-Ouji of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
3DS FC - 2750-1413-5336
#13ParominPosted 12/6/2012 9:52:35 AM
If challenge mode was actually hard and assist mode was... okay assist mode in Pokemon is just stupid period, then maybe I'd care a lot more. Sure the idea that someone else needs to finish their game is just poor design. But it really is insignificant to how crappy of a challenge Challenge mode is and how useless Assist mode is.
---
Playing: Project Cross Zone
Waiting for: SRW OG the 2nd
#14ThatGuyZPosted 12/6/2012 10:10:18 AM
Honestly, I couldn't care.

For starters, there's an EASY Mode which makes opponents weaker for one version, while the other only forces you to grind even more and pretend that you actually have to try because of the level buffs aside from the CPU still being quite gimped...

I like Challenge Mode as more of Post-game option than in-game, simply because that would only require me to grind even more due to the fact my opponents are always a number of levels (usually 5-7, IIRC) ahead of me, which isn't really challenging difficulty, more or less a context of fake difficulty until you reach the end of the game where you face stronger mons.

Some people are angry about it, it was up to the choice of GF. That's how they roll, das how dey troll.
---
For every set of games I see the exact same weapons, specials, and characters used over and over, I die a little as a gamer..;3DS FC-5370-0900-3336
#15CharizardFirePosted 12/6/2012 10:13:28 AM
It's dumb, but I don't care that much, since my brother has Black 2 and I have White 2.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
The official Charizard of the Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 boards.
#16KeyBlade999Posted 12/6/2012 10:30:14 AM
Agreed with TC.
---
Every wound a new opportunity, every curse a new challenge.
I shall encounter defeats... But I will not be defeated.
#17Rose_MagePosted 12/6/2012 12:07:02 PM
Unnecessary.
---
R ~ Team Rocket Executive, Sol Enchantress, Official Beth of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
http://fav.me/d5g7w6l
#18Grand KirbyPosted 12/6/2012 12:15:44 PM
It's a really dumb idea, but I also don't really care. A lot of people make a big deal out of it, but Challenge mode is worthless. There's still no challenge in it.
---
Okay, I rolled a 14. What's that mean? Hsu
That you're a cheater. This is a 12-sided die. Chan
#19wheeling_gamerPosted 12/6/2012 1:11:45 PM(edited)
I didn't think it was too dumb, considering I have both verisons. Trading with prequels on the other hand...

To anyone who says Challenge Mode is easy try doing it with a full team, even levels, and no grinding at all...
---
You know you read too much when you dream about flying books.
#20iDefinitionPosted 12/6/2012 3:00:14 PM(edited)
Use AR to unlock the codes. gg trollfreak.
Kind of a bummer if you can't though.
---
Official pervert of ALL boards.