This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What was the last game you didn't care enough for your starter to reach the end?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version 2
  3. What was the last game you didn't care enough for your starter to reach the end?
3 years ago#51
B2&W2. I dumped the starter onto the box as soon as I a decent Pokémon such as Riolu.
---
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."
-Sirius Black
3 years ago#52
I never boxed my starter in-game. I always try to incorporate them in my team. Post-game, at least in my Black and Black 2, I make an entirely new team.
---
The World Ends With You 2 in 2012? I sure hope so!
Official Shiny Victini of the Pokemon B/W 2 and PMD: MMM boards.
3 years ago#53
Dumped my Samurott in black 2 because of bad natures and due to more decent waters being available about mid game like Jellicent
---
Name one thing I care about and I'll get back to you with the answer
3 years ago#54
5th gen. Didn't take any of them past the first gym in white, black 2, or white 2.

In HG, I used Giratina/Origin as soon as the Ruins of Alph were available. Don't remember my last DPP playthroughs.
---
Go Phillies!
Pokemon HeartGold FC: 4941-7651-2764. All standard rules apply (read: Species Clause, Sleep Clause, no Soul Dew [in OU] and OHKO moves banned)
3 years ago#55
I never drop my starter, at least on my first playthrough.
---
"The extra "h" is for HAMAZING!" - Thanatos, Kid Icarus: Uprising
Pokemon White Friend Code: 4298 7573 9090
3 years ago#56
Where's the "I've never dumped my starter" option? I've never abandoned my starter out of principle, but I have to admit this was the first gen where the thought entered my mind...

This, word by word
---
R - Official Matador of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
Black FC: 4127 2517 7042
3 years ago#57
hyperskate65 posted...
None.
My starter and I always see it through.

---
"Many of you feel bad for this lamp...That is because you're crazy.
It has no feelings! And the new one is much better." (IKEA's Lamp commercial)
3 years ago#58
They always make it through!... as an HM slave...
3 years ago#59
Sinnoh, Pearl/Platinum

In Pearl I just couldn't get past Cynthia's Garchomp and wound up replacing Empoleon with a Floatzel to get past her,

In Platinum I just didn't use a starter, traded in a Manaphy egg I had lying around. Though I wound up not using the Manaohy either because it leveled too slowly for the beginning of the game, at least to me.
---
This is why Deoxys is uber: http://i.imgur.com/qHEQt
This is a picture of some cute kittens: http://i.imgur.com/wfdOk
3 years ago#60
I always solo the entire game with my starter, and then start catching more and having more conventional teams in the post game.

Even in Yellow.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version 2
  3. What was the last game you didn't care enough for your starter to reach the end?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived