This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Remember The Days When...

#21Offworlder1Posted 12/8/2012 7:36:24 PM
During gen 1 I don't think the "My Little Pony" crap exists yet and if it did the "bronies" fools did not exist yet but for some reason someone decided that this hippy childish show for girls was the new "cool" thing. Sadly it caught on enough people now mention it mostly when Keldeo comes up in a topic, though the fact high school kids to grown men are pushing this "bronies" movement is down right pathetic.
---
"Always two there are, a master and an apprentice"
#22Gardevoir47Posted 12/8/2012 7:41:29 PM
Offworlder1 posted...
During gen 1 I don't think the "My Little Pony" crap exists yet and if it did the "bronies" fools did not exist yet but for some reason someone decided that this hippy childish show for girls was the new "cool" thing. Sadly it caught on enough people now mention it mostly when Keldeo comes up in a topic, though the fact high school kids to grown men are pushing this "bronies" movement is down right pathetic.

I'm guessing you never saw an episode. Not saying everyone likes it, but if you don't give it a single chance, then you have no right to say anything about it.

I like it for it's smooth movement, animation, and the fact that it's made with some program that requires a lot of effort to be artistic ( I forget the name of it.)

And the fact that a good majority of the humor is meant for older people. Yes some parts are childish, but it's still grabs the attention of older people.
---
Pokemon White FC: 3825 7849 1598
BTW, The Game
#23ClassyOldHatPosted 12/8/2012 7:49:46 PM
Offworlder1 posted...

Firstly, My Little Pony came out in the eighties. Pokemon came out in the mid-nineties. And in fact, the design of Keldeo, as well as the japanese release of the game predates the airing of the "Friendship is Magic" series which started the "Brony" stuff. So Keldeo was not influenced by this phenomenon any more than PONYta and Rapidash would be.
#24Offworlder1Posted 12/8/2012 8:02:45 PM
I want to know how this "brony" garbage got to be popular as it's some sad ****, it's even worse when these fools come to the pokemon board and insult Keldeo.

No I will not watch the show MLP cause I am not interested at all about a little girls show. I have been a fan if pokemon since I was 11 years old back in 1998 and because the show is about friendship, fighting, and covers environment issues as well as some moral ones.

Pokemon is a show for everyone, My Little Pony is very much a little girls show.
---
"Always two there are, a master and an apprentice"
#25ArmaLeyvatenPosted 12/8/2012 8:06:48 PM
Gardevoir47
And the fact that a good majority of the humor is meant for older people. Yes some parts are childish, but it's still grabs the attention of older people.

Indeed. That show isn't the only one to do it either. Spongebob has been doing it for years. Whenever I see comedy like that it makes me think back to Shakespeare's plays when he would write dialogue to appease different classes of people (I is a nerd >.>)
#26KingTaurosPosted 12/8/2012 9:29:25 PM
I would be quite happy if these were the only problems with newer games. However, Pokemon design is a rather inconsequential aspect of the games. Your complaints are rather shallow.
#27pokemonfreak97Posted 12/8/2012 9:45:48 PM
KingTauros posted...
I would be quite happy if these were the only problems with newer games. However, Pokemon design is a rather inconsequential aspect of the games. Your complaints are rather shallow.

Or, in other words:

To TC: Give up. Even KingTauros (who is notorious for his abhorrence towards everything not Generation I (and sometimes Generation II)) is opposing you.
---
I hack life.
Got a Wii U launch night!
#28KingTaurosPosted 12/8/2012 9:47:13 PM
Gotham deserves a better class of crim...

I mean, Pokemon deserves a better class of genwunner.
#29MDS2005Posted 12/8/2012 9:48:18 PM
Offworlder1 posted...

This.

All of it.
---
When I see human babies, I want to ragequit life.
You lack in the common English is an outrage.
#30PyroThrowerPosted 12/8/2012 9:57:28 PM
Vealiquince posted...
Pokemon didn't look like my little ponies? When the legendary trios weren't fail rip offs of past Pokemon? Back in the days when something as simple as a sludge pile had way more character than an over designed dragon that looked like it was drawn by a fifth grade student? We'll never see any Pokemon as awesome as Mewtwo or Scizor or Steelix or even a damn Magikarp ever again. GameFreak would be better off adopting Digimon into the series for the next gen.

RIP Pokemon
1996-2003

And this, my friends, is the troll in its natural habitat.
---
http://gifsoup.com/view7/2943919/aran-ryan-o.gif
I WILL SEND MY CONDOLENCES TO YOUR KANGAROO WIFE! -Soldier