This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Now we just need BW3.

#11xxgamer91xxPosted 12/8/2012 7:34:01 PM
There could be a Black and White 3 because isn't Pokemon Black and White the highest selling games since Pokemon Red and Blue?
---
Pokemon White 2: 3268-2890-5278
#12Reborn_SigmaPosted 12/8/2012 7:34:11 PM
hereforemnant posted...
Based on previous release times, we wont be seeing Gen 6 till 2014, and no details till halfway though 2013.

Use your brain and stop relying on outdated patterns that only apply to half to the series.
#13Nidhogg151Posted 12/8/2012 7:47:27 PM
shiningpikablu252 posted...
Nidhogg151 posted...
I don't think so. IF they continue gen V it'll be R/S/E remakes, otherwise they are making gen VI. I would imagine GF wants to get this gen over with asap at this point so they can make 3DS games already.

Uh, they can put Black/White 3 and Gray on the 3DS as fifth-generation games and everything would turn out fine. Probably would have been better had Black/White 2 been 3DS games like they should have been, but the fifth generation's nowhere close to over. Odds say the fifth generation'll be a five-year cycle, and Black/White 2 is heavy proof toward such--the sixth generation'll be late 2015 at latest in Japan, and probably sometime in 2016 internationally...

They can put it on the 3DS, but the whole point of them putting B/W2 on the DS was that so B/W players wouldn't have to upgrade systems to play it. What sense would it make for them to just void that for a 3rd? R/S/E remakes on the 3DS, while still being gen V, could make sense because they aren't direct sequels like B/W2, but B/W3 and "grey" (which I'm pretty sure will never exist because B/W2 are supposed to be "grey") would be direct sequels and wouldn't be on the 3DS because of that.

Also, what "heavy proof" are you talking about that leads you to believe that gen V will last 5 years? All the heavy proof I've ever seen actually points to gen VI being next, although I personally think that the R/S/E remakes have a strong chance to be released first.
---
You can never be too rich, too good-looking, or too well armed.
Pokemon White 2: 4986 2948 4576
#14hereforemnantPosted 12/8/2012 7:58:56 PM
Reborn_Sigma posted...
hereforemnant posted...
Based on previous release times, we wont be seeing Gen 6 till 2014, and no details till halfway though 2013.

Use your brain and stop relying on outdated patterns that only apply to half to the series.

Sorry my neurons werent firing properly, thanks for letting me know to get corrective surgery for them.

Pokémon Red and Blue

Pokémon Yellow

Pokémon Gold and Silver

Pokémon Crystal

Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire

Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen

Pokémon Emerald

Pokémon Diamond and Pearl

Pokémon Platinum

Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver

Pokémon Black and White

Pokémon Black 2 and White 2

Theres a gap in between several of the series, why would they shoot out Gen 6 immediately in 2013, that doesnt bode well for anyone since they're going to have to come up with a lot more data for it. So please, use your brain and cut out the smartass remarks.
---
Name: Light, FC for White version: 4084-2831-7220 FC for SS: 4685-6000-1404. Black 2: 4384-9935-2201
Name: Dark, FC for Black version: 2838-7396-7889
#15shiningpikablu252Posted 12/9/2012 10:20:37 AM
Nidhogg151 posted...
, what "heavy proof" are you talking about that leads you to believe that gen V will last 5 years? All the heavy proof I've ever seen actually points to gen VI being next, although I personally think that the R/S/E remakes have a strong chance to be released first.

Black/White 2 itself is the "heavy proof" toward a five-year cycle. If they were trying to hint at a cycle shorter than five years, there wouldn't be a Black/White 2, they would have simply gone straight to either Gray or a pair of Ruby/Sapphire remakes, then later wrapped up the generation with the other of those two, just like the four-year cycles that were the third and fourth generations. Black/White 2's very existence heavily implies that the fifth generation'll be the longest generation yet...
---
I am a die hard Pokemon fan to the most, including the traditional hate of Yu-Gi-Oh.
#16Reborn_SigmaPosted 12/9/2012 10:56:38 AM
Everyone, please don't respond to shiningpikatroll252. Nothing good can come from it.

hereforemnant posted...
Theres a gap in between several of the series, why would they shoot out Gen 6 immediately in 2013, that doesnt bode well for anyone since they're going to have to come up with a lot more data for it. So please, use your brain and cut out the smartass remarks.

Still not using your brain, eh?

http://pokebeach.com/2012/11/6th-generation-hints-coming-in-december-question

Perhaps this will enlighten you. It sums up all the points of why this generation is over, and Gen 6 is coming next year.

Also,

>Using English release dates

el oh el.
#17Mistress_Zelda_Posted 12/9/2012 11:00:18 AM
Smogoon posted...
And another awesome Elesa look. Just. For. Me.

I'm sure you've seen a lot of different outfits on her.

However, her best look is in y'all's wedding photos. She looked lovely in that dress, huh?
---
Dancing bears, painted wings, things I almost remember,
And a song someone sings, once upon a December.
#18P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 12/9/2012 11:06:13 AM
I still don't understand the argument that, in order to have games on the 3DS, we must move to a new generation?

Why could a Gen V game be on the 3DS?
---
Official Lugia of the Pokemon BW2 Boards
#19Nidhogg151Posted 12/9/2012 11:09:19 AM
shiningpikablu252 posted...
Nidhogg151 posted...
, what "heavy proof" are you talking about that leads you to believe that gen V will last 5 years? All the heavy proof I've ever seen actually points to gen VI being next, although I personally think that the R/S/E remakes have a strong chance to be released first.

Black/White 2 itself is the "heavy proof" toward a five-year cycle. If they were trying to hint at a cycle shorter than five years, there wouldn't be a Black/White 2, they would have simply gone straight to either Gray or a pair of Ruby/Sapphire remakes, then later wrapped up the generation with the other of those two, just like the four-year cycles that were the third and fourth generations. Black/White 2's very existence heavily implies that the fifth generation'll be the longest generation yet...

Except no. Black and White 2 are here in place of "Grey", as in "instead of", not "as well as". All of the other evidence, like the anime ending the Unova region, all the legendaries being revealed, 3DS existing and them not being able to continue direct additions to B/W on it, as well as other patterns that have been happening since the dawn of Pokemon all point towards gen VI being right around the corner. I'm sure there are a lot of other people who could elaborate this a lot better than I could too.

I could see them adding a filler season in the anime that extends gen V for one more year to pop out the R/S/E remakes, but beyond that is pushing it WAY too much.
---
You can never be too rich, too good-looking, or too well armed.
Pokemon White 2: 4986 2948 4576
#20SlimeStackPosted 12/9/2012 11:17:06 AM(edited)
P0k3m0nWaRR10R8 posted...
I still don't understand the argument that, in order to have games on the 3DS, we must move to a new generation?

Why could a Gen V game be on the 3DS?

I imagine you meant "Why couldn't a Gen V game be on 3DS"?

They have to make a new game engine for the 3DS, it's a waste of time to make one with Gen V mechanics and a remade Unova just for Gray/Ruby/Sapphire. Much smarter to just make Gen VI.
---
Pokemon Black Version 2:
Sean - 1163 7615 1957