This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What was your first legitimate shiny?

#1RoosterofdoomPosted 12/18/2012 9:35:22 AM
I've only found one (Other than a glitched rom of Gold which resulted in every Spinarak being shiny.) and it was a Tangela found on that tiny patch of grass between Kanto and the ocean leading to Cinnibar Island in SoulSilver.
---
~Rod.
#2InsanititiousPosted 12/18/2012 9:39:57 AM
Tentacool.
---
Who, exactly, decides what's what?
#3wheeling_gamerPosted 12/18/2012 9:40:25 AM
Nice glitch. :)

Not counting scripted ones, my first shiny was a Zigzagoon on Sapphire that I evolved. I did not keep the file though.

Before that, I had my cousin's Silver version which had a shiny Mareep.
---
You know you read too much when you dream about flying books.
#4ZabuzadonoPosted 12/18/2012 9:43:50 AM
Ruby - Gold Geodude. It selfdestructed in my face :-(
White 2 - Petilil when I was Grotto hunting. This is my first caught shiny, but it is Quiet, so I won't be using it :-(
---
Skyrim is the girl who keeps breaking my heart, yet is so hot I still keep coming back on the chance I may get to sleep with her again. - Spurner
#5adismaltheftPosted 12/18/2012 9:44:06 AM
Blue Ditto brought to Silver from Yellow version.
---
I think never is enough.
Gamertag: Icecold229
#6PolimarioPosted 12/18/2012 9:45:32 AM
Shiny Taillow in Emerald.
---
Remember your discussion. "I'm doing Blank! I'm using my powers of Blank! I can BLANK!" Communication is key. -Captain Spark
#7HylianPaladinPosted 12/18/2012 9:46:36 AM
A Carnivine that I just caught on Sunday during my lunch break at work. Totally unexpected.
I was half asleep and heard that jingle and was wide awake real quick. I wasted my Master Ball cause my team would OHKO her.
#8Reyman500Posted 12/18/2012 9:46:59 AM
Marill I think
---
Which is greater half of quarter or quarter of half?
#9Missingno_MastrPosted 12/18/2012 9:52:10 AM
Other than the Red Gyarados or anything from the Odd Egg in Crystal (50% chance of Shiny)? I remember the circumstances vividly; I was en route to my Secret Base on Route 120 (it's the one in the bush right by that little pond and the loamy soil, there's a Kecleon right by the entrance, and Registeel is quite literally right in the backyard) in Ruby Version, and I was traveling from Fortree. Back then, I would avoid all the tall grass I could, because the concept of using Repels never occurred to me. Between Fortree and my Secret Base, there's a way one can go so as to avoid all but exactly one tile of tall grass. I stepped into that one tile, and sure enough, battle. I groaned and rolled my eyes... and then I said to myself, "wait a minute... Zigzagoon have brown fur..." And sure enough, I saw stars swirling around a male Zigzagoon whose normally dark brown fur was red. After much celebration, I threw a single Ultra Ball, and the Zigzagoon was mine. I still have it to this day, but as I now have three Shiny Linoone, I don't know which one was the first. I mean, one of them I caught as a Linoone, in a Repeat Ball, I can rule that one out, but the other two are in Ultra Balls (the other one I also caught as a Zigzagoon, on Route 102, while EV training a Sudowoodo), they're all Linoone, all level 100, all of them currently in my Black 2.
---
http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/groups/weezing-alliance/pictures/59420-1.PNG
#10EggsEggsEggsPosted 12/18/2012 9:52:59 AM
Green Zubat. Pokemon Silver in the Slowpoke Well.
---
The Army of Gilgamesh is dead. Rest in Peace...
Official Thief of Light of the Dissidia Duodecim boards