This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Masuda's Message Hints for an "Evolution" for Pokemon in 2013.

#41leopoldsharkPosted 12/24/2012 2:25:30 PM
An Innovation Stone is required for the Pokemon franchise to evolve. Would you like to use your Innovation Stone?
#42ChronoAcePosted 12/24/2012 2:36:15 PM
I can't imagine they would do a 6th gen already. There has always been at least a 4 year gap in between gens except for gens 1-2. Maybe they want to rush out a 6th gen for the 3DS though since 5th gen is still technically in the DS era.

Could always be a new console game like Stadium/Revolution, they have made like a million of those Rumble games but not a single Stadium game for the 5th gen yet.
#43Zero97(Topic Creator)Posted 12/24/2012 2:46:50 PM
ChronoAce posted...
I can't imagine they would do a 6th gen already. There has always been at least a 4 year gap in between gens except for gens 1-2. Maybe they want to rush out a 6th gen for the 3DS though since 5th gen is still technically in the DS era.

Could always be a new console game like Stadium/Revolution, they have made like a million of those Rumble games but not a single Stadium game for the 5th gen yet.

If it's Masuda teasing, Know it's about main games.
---
3DS: FIXalaS: 0173-1416-4513
Twitter: @FiXalaS
#44RippleLaserPosted 12/24/2012 2:55:03 PM
paipr posted...

pokemon like thunderous are a good example of what im talking about, its lower half is in a cloud. but that cloud looks like a solid mass. not a cloud at all. then there are so many pother pokemon like pikachu. its supposed to be a rat. rats have fur. but the "3d" polygons make it look smooth like its not furry but rater this solid mass in a pikachu shape.

which is why i want cell shading, it makes the cartoony-ness of a smooth animal believable, you can except its still furry even if you cant see the hairs. and lets be honest, we defiantly dont need uber realistic, thousands of hairs per pokemon, pokemon.

You should've explained that. 3DS is perfectly capable of cel shading, even DS sort of could, it's up to Gamefreak though. I like cel shading too, but a lot of people seem to dislike it a lot.
#45Reborn_SigmaPosted 12/24/2012 3:09:04 PM
ChronoAce posted...

Well guess what, the 4 year gap is over this gen. The only reason it took so long in the past is because Gamefreak spent time on remakes. No remakes this gen like in Gens 1 and 2 = It only lasts 3 years.
#46CosmoKramer4700Posted 12/24/2012 3:10:41 PM

This isn't true.

There was a 3 year gap between gens 1 and 2 AND between gens 2 and 3. 4 years is actually the LONGEST we've had to wait between generations (almost exactly 4 years between gens 4 and 5) due to the release of remakes.

Without a set of remakes, going back to a 3 year gap makes perfect sense. This is actually the longest we've gone with the launch of a new handheld without the release of a new generation.

It's time for gen 6!
---
Gutalala Sudalala
ONE PIECE, IT EXISTS! - The Great Pirate, Edward Newgate "Whitebeard"
#47pokemon2pokerPosted 12/24/2012 3:14:40 PM
Meta289 posted...
Shuckle evolution.

Blissey evolution.

Neither will happen. Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's the truth.
---
In the clearing stands a boxer...and he carries the reminder of every glove that laid him down and cut him until he cried out.
#48ColtCababaPosted 12/24/2012 3:22:38 PM
I think Torkoal needs an evolution the most. Eviolite Torkoal could be alright, but it's evolution would change the foundation of defensive Fire-types.
---
Easier said than done, especially after I transform into Super Giga Mecha Nezbitt, complete with my own theme music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YJX_m38F2U
#49Hejiru206Posted 12/24/2012 3:25:00 PM
I've been calling it all along. 6th gen in 2013.
Either that or they're switching from the generation format and doing some sort of reboot.
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
#50uuurrrgghPosted 12/24/2012 3:28:33 PM
what I want: gen3 remakes
what I don't mind: gen6
what I would kill with fire: reusable medacine and battle items that regenerate every time you switch out
---
I always listen, I just don't respond.
B2 FC: 3010 5891 4441