This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Masuda's Message Hints for an "Evolution" for Pokemon in 2013.

#51Tayo2345Posted 12/24/2012 3:31:52 PM
Sevi_ney posted...
The only reason to buy a Wii U.

If they can deliver a refined pokemon adventure for consoles (none of that collosium crap), link and trade with DS, cross compatibility with DS and Wii U systems, and include most of the pokemon with an actual plotline and maybe bump it up to a teen rating then it's on. There is so much they can do.

There are plenty of existing reasons to buy a Wii U, Colloseum was awesome, XD even more so, QED, I'm out.

*drops mic*
---
I don't care what you say, Generation II sucks.
That's just my opinion, no matter how true it may be.
#52MasterDarkenPosted 12/24/2012 6:03:58 PM
I gotta lay it down for all those who want "3D" on the handheld.

No. Plain and simple, leave that for the consoles. If they shoot the graphics past the DS compatibility, they will lose out on a large amount of sales. Do not expect that to happen until GF is 100% sure they can take the hit.

As for the Anime? Pfft. That story is so far gone, don't even think it'll turn into a game outside of a fan-made one.

Mature story? B/W was pretty mature, talking about abusing Pokemon and treating them like slaves. I think its safe to say that they're moving up on how to make a team "evil" but without pushing the rating outside of letting everyone of all ages enjoy it still. It may be safe to say that we could see something asimilar to Rocket with the new gen, not the ridiculous version of the show, but the truly deceptive and dark version from the games.
#53pies12Posted 12/24/2012 6:15:20 PM
There are plenty of existing reasons to buy a Wii U, Colloseum was awesome, XD even more so, QED, I'm out.

Yeah, that's not how you use QED.
---
"Obviously it was the most epic bubble hearth of all time."
~FalcownPAUNCH on Dalaran being moved to Northrend.
#54jayman7Posted 12/24/2012 10:20:02 PM
MasterDarken posted...
If they shoot the graphics past the DS compatibility, they will lose out on a large amount of sales.

If they who the what past the which now???

You don't honestly believe 3D graphics would kill compatibility, do you? It didn't in the third gen, why should it now?
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#55Zero97(Topic Creator)Posted 12/25/2012 3:15:02 AM
They'll have to release an app in the eShop to connect the 5th and 6th Gens

Similar to Love+ for DS and new love+ for 3DS.
---
3DS: FIXalaS: 0173-1416-4513
Twitter: @FiXalaS
#56Serebii from SPPPosted 12/25/2012 3:31:37 AM
Developers have said they intend to continue using sprites anyway, so 3D models won't likely be used
---
Serebii from the amazing Serebii.net
Your #1 Source for ALL Pokémon Games & Anime info as the top online Pokédex & Attackdex!
#57jayman7Posted 12/25/2012 3:34:02 AM
zerokandery posted...
They'll have to release an app in the eShop to connect the 5th and 6th Gens

Similar to Love+ for DS and new love+ for 3DS.

Very likely. Double points to GameFreak if it acts as a general-purpose Box app. Triple if it has fourth-gen compatibility!
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#58ljobenzaPosted 12/25/2012 3:41:06 AM
Serebii from SPP posted...
Developers have said they intend to continue using sprites anyway, so 3D models won't likely be used

Good luck on them making animated HD sprites for 700 + Pokemon. That will take years.
#59Sevi_neyPosted 12/25/2012 4:26:54 AM
OKay, yeah, T rating is impossible. Whatever.

I hope there's more to it than simply updating to 3D.
#60ZekrixPosted 12/25/2012 4:27:34 AM
ljobenza posted...
Serebii from SPP posted...

Good luck on them making animated HD sprites for 700 + Pokemon. That will take years.

They have the funds though.