This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Need help with making team(For OU)...

#1ThePokeMan98Posted 12/26/2012 7:01:35 PM(edited)
I want to make a team that revolves around Aggron, and I managed to make most of the team... I'm just unsure what 2 pokemon I should use for the last 2 slots. This is for competitive battling in the OU.

So far I got...

Aggron @ Leftovers
Rock head // Adamant
Evs: 252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 HP
Hone claws
Head smash
Earthquake
Iron head

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Serene grace // Calm
Evs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 SpA
Thunder wave
Air slash
Aura sphere
Roost

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Serene grace // Impish
Evs: 240 HP / 160 Def / 76 SpD / 32 Spe
Thunder wave
Iron head
Stealth rock
Wish

Salamence @ Choice scarf
Moxie // Naive
Evs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SpA
Outrage
Dragon claw
Earthquake
Fire blast
---
Go home and be a family man!
#2infinitexxPosted 12/26/2012 7:09:57 PM
Aggron doesn't really need Lefties unless he's running Sub, and Hone Claws isn't the best option if you're running a boosting move at all (which isn't the most reliable strategy).

Lefties aren't the best idea since Aggron gives the illusion of bulk, but can't take a special hit well, and it boned by the most common physical attacks. If you're interested in bolstering his survivability, TTar is the way to do it.

Automize is the way you want to head if you're using a boosting move, or Trick Room support from another pokemon.
---
Posted from my Xbox360 with 360FAQS v1.1
#3ThePokeMan98(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2012 7:13:44 PM
infinitexx posted...
Aggron doesn't really need Lefties unless he's running Sub, and Hone Claws isn't the best option if you're running a boosting move at all (which isn't the most reliable strategy).

Lefties aren't the best idea since Aggron gives the illusion of bulk, but can't take a special hit well, and it boned by the most common physical attacks. If you're interested in bolstering his survivability, TTar is the way to do it.

Automize is the way you want to head if you're using a boosting move, or Trick Room support from another pokemon.

hmm... I decided to go with hone claws since jirachi and togekiss provide t-wave support, which would make automize unnecessary .
---
#4lilaschildkrotePosted 12/26/2012 7:17:09 PM
Well your aggron's weakness to fighting is covered by your flying types, but might i suggest you add a grass type to take care of your weaknesses to water and ground? you could just use something like an alakazam with energy ball because with its amazing sp attack it will kill things fast, but it probably won't survive a switch in. i would suggest a bulkier grass type like torterra. if you use torterra, it will likely survive a switch in, give it a quick claw with strong physical grass moves and it will do its job well.
---
Turtles are amazing. No lie. Just like how Golbez is the best thing to happen to gaming. The Official Theodore Harvey of the Dissidia 012 board, i guess.
#5ThePokeMan98(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2012 7:18:32 PM
lilaschildkrote posted...
Well your aggron's weakness to fighting is covered by your flying types, but might i suggest you add a grass type to take care of your weaknesses to water and ground? you could just use something like an alakazam with energy ball because with its amazing sp attack it will kill things fast, but it probably won't survive a switch in. i would suggest a bulkier grass type like torterra. if you use torterra, it will likely survive a switch in, give it a quick claw with strong physical grass moves and it will do its job well.

isn't the quick claw unreliable as an item?
---
#6lilaschildkrotePosted 12/26/2012 7:25:26 PM
ThePokeMan98 posted...

not entirely. the thing is, it is not needed, but your opponent will expect to go first against a torterra, and when it doesn't go first you get to. Your unsuspecting opponent will be thrown off guard, and you'll have a nice boost that can help a lot even without needing the boost. So while it is not needed it can be extremely helpful.
---
Turtles are amazing. No lie. Just like how Golbez is the best thing to happen to gaming. The Official Theodore Harvey of the Dissidia 012 board, i guess.
#7ThePokeMan98(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2012 7:28:42 PM
ThePokeMan98 posted...

not entirely. the thing is, it is not needed, but your opponent will expect to go first against a torterra, and when it doesn't go first you get to. Your unsuspecting opponent will be thrown off guard, and you'll have a nice boost that can help a lot even without needing the boost. So while it is not needed it can be extremely helpful.

Oh. Yeah, I need as much pressure over my opponent as possible. I'm testing thisteam on showdown now. I'll let you know how it goes.
---
#8TableFlipPosted 12/26/2012 7:29:58 PM
Replace your team with

Politoed
Ferrothorn
Tentacruel
Tornadus-T
Thundurus-T
Toxicroak
---
I don't even know anymore.
#9ThePokeMan98(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2012 7:32:36 PM
TableFlip posted...
Replace your team with

Politoed
Ferrothorn
Tentacruel
Tornadus-T
Thundurus-T
Toxicroak

I'm making a team that supports aggron... so that team wouldn't work...
---
#10lilaschildkrotePosted 12/26/2012 7:42:04 PM
for that final slot i may recommend alakazam anyway with its hidden ability and a life orb with max EVs in sp attack and speed it crushes everything in its path and loses no hp from the life orb due to its hidden ability.
---