This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is your biggest 'WHAT THE HECK!" moment when playing Pokemon?

#41DarkBlade81Posted 12/28/2012 7:11:04 AM
Pokemon Stadium 1. Rented Snorlax w/ Metronome.

Snorlax use Metronome!
Snorlax flew up high! (Lays on back in mid-air)
Snorlax used Fly! (Hops back onto feet and belly-flops onto opponent)

I had to call my dad and brother into the room to ensure I hadn't gone insane.
#42AgroSonicboomPosted 12/28/2012 7:13:29 AM
For me it would be the time me and my sis were borrowing a friends copy of yellow version and things got weird. I checked the party she had a Richu nicknamed (forgive my horrible spelling) Wortortle and when used in battle it made wortortle cry when it was to do richu cry. The next off thing in the version i found was when you jump off a ledge I jump off as normal but i was ON the ledge and was free to move around kanto as i please and since i was in the town with the sarfari zone I deecied to onteract with the sarfari zone pokemon and al they said (to the best of my memory) was " ! " and nothing more.

at that point i concluded it was

1) hacked and had nasty side-effects

2) glitched up beyond my knowing

3) playable but corrupted somehow

This experience happen while i had my emerald
#43MovesLikeJabba(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2012 7:22:06 AM
AgroSonicboom posted...
For me it would be the time me and my sis were borrowing a friends copy of yellow version and things got weird. I checked the party she had a Richu nicknamed (forgive my horrible spelling) Wortortle and when used in battle it made wortortle cry when it was to do richu cry. The next off thing in the version i found was when you jump off a ledge I jump off as normal but i was ON the ledge and was free to move around kanto as i please and since i was in the town with the sarfari zone I deecied to onteract with the sarfari zone pokemon and al they said (to the best of my memory) was " ! " and nothing more.

at that point i concluded it was

1) hacked and had nasty side-effects

2) glitched up beyond my knowing

3) playable but corrupted somehow

This experience happen while i had my emerald

lol, call the hack police!
---
in the name of MAD, you gots to move like Jabba!
Official Flareon of Pokemon boards, PB2 FC: 4384-9811-8600
#44snaggleooooPosted 12/28/2012 7:22:58 AM
In Red version, getting the whole way through the Cerulean Cave, stuggling for at least half an hour trying to catch Mewtwo (I used my Master Ball on something else, probably Moltres or Zapdos), finally getting him, then finding the box was full and the catch didn't work. So much rage.

Later in Red, I was playing at a friend's place in really hot weather (~40C) and my game died, lost my save and the game never really worked again. I had 148 'mon at that stage and it had my event Mew on it too. I'm not sure I've cried even close to that much since. Thankfully I'd traded Mew over to my Blue previously, so I still managed to 151 that game.

I've had great luck with legendaries lately, with Mewtwo and Kyogre both going down with one Dusk Ball (HG) and Volcarona with one Ultra Ball (B2).
#45JeroisourosinPosted 12/28/2012 7:32:18 AM
The first time I saw volt switch during a battle with elesa.
Emolga used volt switch.
*Hit
I'm thinking "okay my turn,just gotta hit him with this next move"
Emolga went back to elesa,elesa set out zebstrika
Me:O.o....the f*ck!? it was my turn!
---
I was wondering why the baseball was getting bigger,then it hit me
3DS FC: 3093 - 7304 - 9480
#46phoenix32190Posted 12/28/2012 7:39:40 AM
pokemon gold caught both ho-oh and lugia shinys and it took 1 pokeball each.....i was so surprised when it happened with shiny ho-oh that i was like what the heck last time i caught ho-oh it wasnt shiny and it took 80 ultra balls to catch him......lugia was a similar case
---
The Crimson Rider
#47Jarred623Posted 12/28/2012 7:46:35 AM
DarkBlade81 posted...
Pokemon Stadium 1. Rented Snorlax w/ Metronome.

Snorlax use Metronome!
Snorlax flew up high! (Lays on back in mid-air)
Snorlax used Fly! (Hops back onto feet and belly-flops onto opponent)

I had to call my dad and brother into the room to ensure I hadn't gone insane.

Used to do that all the time with Golem.
---
This account has been placed into Purgatory, a timed suspension from posting any further messages on GameFAQs. This status is only given out by the site admin.
#48egglinkPosted 12/28/2012 7:57:40 AM
Black 2, fighting the champion. I walked in there with about 50 revives. I left with about 20.
I wasn't even under leveled.
---
Philosophy: Needs more Ice type, and Dragons are the devil.
#49kaliopal15Posted 12/28/2012 8:11:51 AM
My WHAT THE HECK moment was I was trying to catch latias no pokeball workeked but then I tried again and it WORKED.
#50mralpha543Posted 12/28/2012 8:27:04 AM
10 pokeballs... didn't work... 1 timer ball....
Rayquaza was caught...
---
Rocket Professor Al ~ R ~ Support Elesa! Rocket take over world!