This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is your biggest 'WHAT THE HECK!" moment when playing Pokemon?

#51JeroisourosinPosted 12/28/2012 8:29:21 AM
egglink posted...
Black 2, fighting the champion. I walked in there with about 50 revives. I left with about 20.
I wasn't even under leveled.

LMAO....I'm scared now. (Haven't fought the champion yet,thanks for the terrifying reality of the soon to come hell battle)
---
I was wondering why the baseball was getting bigger,then it hit me
3DS FC: 3093 - 7304 - 9480
#52pickledude11Posted 12/28/2012 8:42:56 AM
My biggest what the heck moment is really a moment as much as it is a lack of. After playing all these Pokemon games for how many years I've still yet to ever see a shiny Pokemon.

Or the numerous times that when confused my Pokemon always hurts itself and yet when the computer is confused it always makes it's attack.
#53BluntGruntPosted 12/28/2012 8:44:52 AM
Seeing my first shiny ever. I freaked out and turned off the game and all that went through my mind was "What the heck!?".
---
?????
#54vermillion719Posted 12/28/2012 8:59:21 AM
I still occasionally think about how I was training up an Eevee in Gold (or maybe Silver). It was around LV10, and my plan was to take it up against the Kimono Girls and switch out to someone stronger for the EXP. Lo and behold, I do so and the enemy uses Pursuit. I was sure Eevee would get KO'd, but it actually survived. It blew my mind.

I believe most of my "wtf" moments in Pokemon were probably related to attacks doing a considerably different amount of damage than I expected. Like my Pokes being OHKO'd by not-very-effective non-crit hits, or my opponents barely surviving a 4x super-effective hit and KO'ing me in return.
---
"Why don't you just take this picture for what it is? Teemo being stuffed and mounted by renek." - Serenderpity
LoL Name: Thanamar
#55Karnage4208238Posted 12/28/2012 9:17:17 AM
mine is pretty dumb and lame it was in sapphire when shelgon evolved into salamence
it was like holy **** this thing looks ****ing amazing and after i got it to level 100 its overpowerness have made it my fav pokemon ever and i steel have mine from sapphire in black 2 thanks to a **** load of trading
#56Sab_LiathPosted 12/28/2012 9:50:13 AM
I was playing Emerald, and collecting the Weather Trio. I found Groudon first, and caught it in the 3rd Ultra Ball I tossed. next, I went after Kyogre, and it took quite a few more Ultra Balls. Fnailly, I climbed tot he top of Sky Pillar and went for Rayquaza... It outright refused to be captured. In the end, I resorted to using the Master Ball, as I knew by that point (from previous attempts) that Rayquaza way getting close to Struggling.

Of course, in Soul Silver, I caught Moltres with a first turn Quick Ball.
---
Sab_Liath defeats Topic! Gains 89 EXP! Learns Magma Drill!
#57Pendragon71037Posted 12/28/2012 10:08:27 AM
GlitterGuns posted...
Bugsy is male.

BUGSY'S A BOY!?!?!?

Get the reference?
---
Chuck Finley is Forever! People that agree: 5. Proud member of the Omastar Club. All hail Omastar! Official Torterra of the White 2 board.
#58Lord_Draco170Posted 12/28/2012 10:25:45 AM
There's a Lanturn that some cooltrainer in the Emerald version's victory road that knows earthquake.

Also, when Lance used his underleveled Dragonites.

Anytime a trainer withdraws a pokemon. Even more props if it leads to something strategic.

Also, when Jasmine was actually using a spikes switch combo in a rematch in HG, one of the first actual strategic things I've seen a gym leader do other than weather combos.
#59pokemonfreak97Posted 12/28/2012 10:37:15 AM
Lord_Draco170 posted...
There's a Lanturn that some cooltrainer in the Emerald version's victory road that knows earthquake.

Also, when Lance used his underleveled Dragonites.

Anytime a trainer withdraws a pokemon. Even more props if it leads to something strategic.

Also, when Jasmine was actually using a spikes switch combo in a rematch in HG, one of the first actual strategic things I've seen a gym leader do other than weather combos.

Ah, yes, the infamous Earthquake Lanturn. There is no way to get a Lanturn knowing Earthquake. The last time I saw it was in Marriland's Emerald Nuzlocke, when it, apparently eager to show off its hacked move, used Earthquake on his Levitating Sharpedo. (AWESOME battle, by the way, if you haven't figured out from the Levitating Sharpedo. It involved a Rough Skin Claydol and Skill Swap)
---
I hack life.
Got a Wii U launch night!
#60Mystery_CooperPosted 12/28/2012 10:39:56 AM
When Cheren crit-hax'd me to death right at the beginning of the game in White. Don't think I've ever been critical'd in the first battle before.
Happened again right at the beginning of White2 with my rival.

Gen 5: Crit-haxing me at every opportunity.
---
its literally been a day and you want to quickban something. i thought it was quickban not usainboltban. - ballabrown24 from Smogon