This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is your biggest 'WHAT THE HECK!" moment when playing Pokemon?

#71abukatambabaPosted 12/28/2012 11:57:23 AM
Mine came as a child when I was playing the original Pokemon Red. I had first ventured into the wild only an hour or so earlier. My Bulbasaur and I were handily dispatching Rattata and Pidgey left and right. Suddenly my Bulbasaur began to exhibit strange behavior. He started to flicker erratically and let out a cry. A flash of light blinded me, and when I could see once more my Bulbasaur was gone. In his place stood an Ivysaur, something I had never before seen. It approached me, and let out a cry that I had heard many times before, only slightly altered. This was my Bulbasaur, only better. My world was never the same.
#72MovesLikeJabba(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2012 11:59:15 AM
abukatambaba posted...
Mine came as a child when I was playing the original Pokemon Red. I had first ventured into the wild only an hour or so earlier. My Bulbasaur and I were handily dispatching Rattata and Pidgey left and right. Suddenly my Bulbasaur began to exhibit strange behavior. He started to flicker erratically and let out a cry. A flash of light blinded me, and when I could see once more my Bulbasaur was gone. In his place stood an Ivysaur, something I had never before seen. It approached me, and let out a cry that I had heard many times before, only slightly altered. This was my Bulbasaur, only better. My world was never the same.

lol rly?
---
in the name of MAD, you gots to move like Jabba!
Official Flareon of all boards, PB2 FC: 4384-9811-8600
#73CakeOfLiesPosted 12/28/2012 12:00:43 PM
I found a Shiny Pokemon in the wild on SoulSilver. It was a Teddiursa...
I used a weak move to damage it before catching it.
"Critical Hit! The wild Teddiursa fainted!"

Then there's also Lance's level 40 Dragonite that he uses against Team Rocket...
---
"You think our rage a weakness? Then let me show you... how wrong you are!" - Edge, Final Fantasy IV
#74tadashii18Posted 12/28/2012 12:03:07 PM
Burgh's new gym. Dat creepy music and his room
---
"Pointless! The time measured by Etro will cease to exist." - Caius Ballad, Final Fantasy XIII-2
Pokemon Black 2 FC:[Derrick] - [3783 6998 1893]
#75snaggleooooPosted 12/28/2012 10:04:04 PM
CakeOfLies posted...
I found a Shiny Pokemon in the wild on SoulSilver. It was a Teddiursa...
I used a weak move to damage it before catching it.
"Critical Hit! The wild Teddiursa fainted!"

Then there's also Lance's level 40 Dragonite that he uses against Team Rocket...

And the 3 underleveled Dragonites he uses in the Pokemon League.

As for killing a shiny, I haven't done that before, but in the post-game, I'll usually always keep a 'mon with False Swipe in my team at all times just for this eventuality. I have been since the roamers of Gen 2.
#76jacobfarrowPosted 12/28/2012 10:09:49 PM
I have 2 WTH moments. One was when I found my first shiny on Sapphire, a Shiny Tentacool. I was like, "What the hell is that? I better catch it, I thought their eyes were red." A few weeks later, my save file got corrupted.

The second was on my latest Black playthrough, I got the Level 100 Arceus from PGL and swept the entire game, then when I got to Reshiram, used my weakest move, OHKOed him. I then said, "screw this, I'm trying at full HP." So, I threw 1 Ultra Ball when he was at full, turned 3 times, caught it. Freaking awesome. I then swept N with my Reshiram and Arceus.
---
Pokemon Black FC: 2323 2806 7052 Name: Jacob
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 Friend Code: 3869-6348-6216
#77kakashik99992Posted 12/28/2012 10:15:37 PM
The first time I fought Lance and his dragonite hyper beam my pidgeot that never fainted before I was like WTF damm "last boss" hax
#78protobakurionPosted 12/28/2012 10:41:43 PM(edited)
Defender31415 posted...
Sab_Liath posted...
protobakurion posted...
Heartgold vs. Whitney

Clefairy used Metronome
Clefairy used Guillotine

Clefairy used Metronome
Clefairy used Roar of Time

Clefairy used Metronome
Clefairy used Spacial Rend

WTF HAX?
---

Ouch... that's some rotten luck.

Dang. Totally agree. And I thought her Miltank was bad.

You guys would be suprised.
---
---
The Official Porygon Z of the B2/W2 boards
#79keith_12xPosted 12/28/2012 10:53:03 PM
When I finally capture a Pokemon with the correct nature but wrong ability after numerous attempts of getting the right pokemon.
---
-just a one lucky son of a gun
#80djmetal777Posted 12/28/2012 10:58:49 PM
I was playing black 2 when i suddenly saw hitler rise from the grave and singing 80s dance songs
---
Official Nascour of B2/W2 Boards
Official Scyther of B2/W2 Boards