This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gamefreak is not being fair with pokemon sexuality.

#211LexifoxPosted 12/29/2012 11:58:30 PM
SirDanieI posted...
Lexifox posted...
SirDanieI posted...
Far out, Get over it. Do you see people complaining how Religion isn't portrayed in the Pokemon universe? Where are the Muslims, the Christians etc.? Half the world consists of those two religions (compared to the ?10?percent homosexuals); why aren't they in the Pokemon universe?

Also TC is obvious troll.

The Pokemon world was originally based purely on Japan, so Japanese faith was shown. Hence things like the monks,

I haven't played it but I heard that Gen 5 is based on an American city; still don't see many Christians. Also considering how so many characters in Pokemon are obviously white (in terms of their looks since they definitely don't look Asian) there should be alot more Western religions then currently represented.

The characters are generally designed to be Japanese. How does one look "obviously white"?
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#212SirDanieIPosted 12/30/2012 12:00:46 AM
AC3lover posted...
SirDanieI posted...
Lexifox posted...
SirDanieI posted...
Far out, Get over it. Do you see people complaining how Religion isn't portrayed in the Pokemon universe? Where are the Muslims, the Christians etc.? Half the world consists of those two religions (compared to the ?10?percent homosexuals); why aren't they in the Pokemon universe?

Also TC is obvious troll.

The Pokemon world was originally based purely on Japan, so Japanese faith was shown. Hence things like the monks,

I haven't played it but I heard that Gen 5 is based on an American city; still don't see many Christians. Also considering how so many characters in Pokemon are obviously white (in terms of their looks since they definitely don't look Asian) there should be alot more Western religions then currently represented.

BASED off of. Like New York City land, islands, landscapes, not cultures. The Japanese made Unova based off of the LAND of New York City, not CULTURE of America. -_-

There are clearly a LOT of white people in pokemon (based on looks) so shouldn't they be mainly Christian?
Also Gen 5 basically takes the culture of America as well; Ash's companion is African American. You can't say that Gen 5 has just taken the buildings and stuff; they have clearly take alot of other stuff as well.

Another thing; If attract actually did represent the population justly then Attract will have to work 10 percent of the time on same gender and 90 percent of the time on opposite gender which introduces a whole set of unneeded Gimmicks in pokemon. I.e Each pokemon will have to have new stat called sexuality so that 90 percent are Hetro and 10 percent are homo which I really think is as unnecessary as putting in religion and other crap like that. I mean they could do other random stuff like intimidate not working on pokemon of shorter height to better represent the real world however its a dumb idea.
---
23/11/12 Me: WTF Why do you have 6 boots?
NoobElise: Aren't I a spider?
#213LexifoxPosted 12/30/2012 12:02:03 AM
Sir Daniel conformed as racist for assuming anyone black is African-American.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#214SirDanieIPosted 12/30/2012 12:11:09 AM
Lexifox posted...

The characters are generally designed to be Japanese. How does one look "obviously white"?

Alright; Massive eyes, Blonde or brown hair, Blue eyes etc.
A list of ingame characters that look white; Country girls and grandpas(wearing american stockings and look like rednecks), Painter (looks french with the cap), Bicycle girl(orange curly hair), Dancer couple (blonde hair), RIch old man and Rich old lady (their clothes are so 19th century England), Beauty girl (dont know the name of most of these guys lol but this one has super blonde hair), Jester; British culture, Rival from gen 4, Cynthia looks white (infact most gym leaders look white etc etc etc there are so much people.
And you can't just say they dyed their hair; their eyes are way too big for even white people let alone Asians not to mention they have different coloured eyes.
---
#215SirDanieIPosted 12/30/2012 12:14:45 AM
Lexifox posted...

I was actually considering what to classify Ash's companion as but I thought that people would get offended if I just said African. Also I didn't want to say anything stupid like African Sinnohian so I just used the miniority she was obviously based upon since shes a black character in an American like city.
---
#216LexifoxPosted 12/30/2012 12:21:06 AM
SirDanieI posted...
Lexifox posted...

I was actually considering what to classify Ash's companion as but I thought that people would get offended if I just said African. Also I didn't want to say anything stupid like African Sinnohian so I just used the miniority she was obviously based upon since shes a black character in an American like city.

Not every black person is African-American.
---
#217SirDanieIPosted 12/30/2012 12:24:31 AM
Lexifox posted...
SirDanieI posted...
Lexifox posted...

Not every black person is African-American.

Indeed; but Ashe's companion oviously was based on African Americans
---
#218AC3loverPosted 12/30/2012 12:24:36 AM
Just because most of the population is white doesn't make it Christian. -_- Black people have been in a lot of popular foreign media. And most Christians don't support gays, do they? And the thing with light skin, blue eyes, blond hair: It's common in Japanese pop culture. Blue eyes represent good, yellow eyes represent evil. Light skin is common around the world. Blond hair... Is pretty.
#219LexifoxPosted 12/30/2012 12:28:49 AM
SirDanieI posted...
Indeed; but Ashe's companion oviously was based on African Americans

Prove it.

AC3lover posted...
Just because most of the population is white doesn't make it Christian. -_- Black people have been in a lot of popular foreign media. And most Christians don't support gays, do they? And the thing with light skin, blue eyes, blond hair: It's common in Japanese pop culture. Blue eyes represent good, yellow eyes represent evil. Light skin is common around the world. Blond hair... Is pretty.

There are a good number of Christians that support homosexuals to some extent. The official Catholic stance, for example, is that homosexuals are not sinners, but homosexuality is itself a sin. So you can be gay, you just can't act on them. Many do support the idea of hating the sin, not the sinner. They're just typically drowned out by the people waving the signs about how the gay agenda is going to corrupt their innocent angel baby-childs.

And technically, the anime looks is "American" because anime is heavily inspired by Walt Disney. Mickey Mouse and other early animated characters had larger eyes, etc. Anime is basically short for "animation".
---
#220Capitan_KidPosted 12/30/2012 12:30:14 AM
Iris is black
---
D-O-G-A-R-S DOGARS!!