This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gamefreak is not being fair with pokemon sexuality.

#221Smellyhand137Posted 12/30/2012 12:35:34 AM
infinitexx posted...
uuurrrggh posted...
It's not discrimination, it's dumb A1.

Personally, I prefer my steak sauce to be unintelligent.

LOL
---
3ds fc: 5284-1984-6099
#222Smellyhand137Posted 12/30/2012 12:38:53 AM
LegendEX posted...
if you guys aren't going to give me a straight answer. then can anyone please give me Game Freak's contact info? I really want to know what goes on in their heads for giving the attract ability to only work the opposite gender. This is 2012, i'm so pissed off right now, i can't even finish off this gym battle.

If they dont give me a legitimate answer. i'm pressing.

Dude it's not that serious it's just a game,calm down bro!
---
#223AC3loverPosted 12/30/2012 12:47:08 AM
That makes sense. I know what anime is. But it gets annoying when people act like they know gamefreak and think one little thing means they hate homosexuals. These topics are getting really annoying on the front page. Just leave this topic to die.
#224Smellyhand137Posted 12/30/2012 12:52:46 AM
AC3lover posted...
That makes sense. I know what anime is. But it gets annoying when people act like they know gamefreak and think one little thing means they hate homosexuals. These topics are getting really annoying on the front page. Just leave this topic to die.

Finally someone else makes some sense here!
---
#225SirDanieIPosted 12/30/2012 12:52:51 AM
AC3lover posted...
Just because most of the population is white doesn't make it Christian. -_- Black people have been in a lot of popular foreign media. And most Christians don't support gays, do they? And the thing with light skin, blue eyes, blond hair: It's common in Japanese pop culture. Blue eyes represent good, yellow eyes represent evil. Light skin is common around the world. Blond hair... Is pretty.

Alright I think the official stats for Christians in Western countries average at over 50 percent Christian.

Also even if Japanese people like white features; the people in pokemon still don't look Japanese and I shall consider them as white people not Japanese people dying their hair and such.
---
23/11/12 Me: WTF Why do you have 6 boots?
NoobElise: Aren't I a spider?
#226LexifoxPosted 12/30/2012 12:58:26 AM
AC3lover posted...

Technically speaking, in Japan homosexuality is generally seen as something of a joke in Japan, and if you see a gay character in media it's more common to see the character in the role of a goofy comic relief character.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#227AC3loverPosted 12/30/2012 12:58:34 AM
SirDanieI posted...
AC3lover posted...
Just because most of the population is white doesn't make it Christian. -_- Black people have been in a lot of popular foreign media. And most Christians don't support gays, do they? And the thing with light skin, blue eyes, blond hair: It's common in Japanese pop culture. Blue eyes represent good, yellow eyes represent evil. Light skin is common around the world. Blond hair... Is pretty.

Alright I think the official stats for Christians in Western countries average at over 50 percent Christian.

Also even if Japanese people like white features; the people in pokemon still don't look Japanese and I shall consider them as white people not Japanese people dying their hair and such.

Again, leave this topic to die. Arguing to people who don't want to change their beliefs is useless. You can say that Japanese people are white, I don't care, nobody will care except for somewhat sensitive people.

Again- LEAVE THIS TOPIC TO DIE you're only feeding TC's hunger for chaos.
#228RuwalkPosted 12/30/2012 12:59:50 AM
Not every single bleeping game on the planet should conform to every political agenda in existence -___- If you really want to fight the good fight for equal sexuality and racial representations in games, go take those arguments to games aimed at age groups that will actually understand the repercussions of such things. When I become a parent I won't want to have to explain that stuff to my 8 year old, they're exposed to this kind of thing too early already with everything else. When they hit puberty, then they can be talked about all of that in a sensible manner.

I agree that sexuality is limited in games, but that's no where near the focus of what Pokemon aims to do. This game is aimed at kids and is about battling and collecting, the breeding and "attract" things were all aftermath. If you really want to argue about an issue with Pokemon, how about animal cruelty before animal sexuality? Yes, let's capture these random animals, rip them away from their natural habitat, train them specifically to beat each other senseless, but the human who forces them into all of this gets the credit.

I'm not saying don't fight for equality in games, but pick your battles people. For the sexuality thing, pick games where character relationships actually play a role and influence the game. Like the Harvest Moon series, Star Ocean, Mass Effect, etc. Character relationships in the games mean almost nothing in pokemon except for evolution and getting a virtual egg.
#229BirdPwNz100Posted 12/30/2012 1:03:34 AM
Guys, stop bumping this dumb thread. Hopefully my post will be the last.

Oh who am I kidding...
---
PSN: oBirdPwNz-
#230SirDanieIPosted 12/30/2012 1:53:08 AM
AC3lover posted...

Again, leave this topic to die. Arguing to people who don't want to change their beliefs is useless. You can say that Japanese people are white, I don't care, nobody will care except for somewhat sensitive people.

Again- LEAVE THIS TOPIC TO DIE you're only feeding TC's hunger for chaos.

Lol I wasn't saying that japanese people where white. I was saying that the people inside Pokemon are obviously white cause they don't look anything like Asians.

But yeah I shall leave this topic
---
23/11/12 Me: WTF Why do you have 6 boots?
NoobElise: Aren't I a spider?