This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gamefreak is not being fair with pokemon sexuality.

#261LexifoxPosted 1/3/2013 8:55:19 AM
Pendragon71037 posted...
Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait.

Wait.

Tyranny of the majority? So, your argument is that you should not listen to the majority, but then you say that you are the majority? Either you're a hypocrite, or you are saying we should not listen to you.

I am saying that the reason we should listen to the minority is because of "tyranny of the majority". The minority have a voice and rights, and they should be heard. Having an unpopular opinion does not make it less important than a popular one.

I then went on to argue that if one opposes gay marriage and feels they should not "bend to the majority", then they invalidate their own voice, as they would be in the minority in pretty much any civilised country.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#262Pendragon71037Posted 1/3/2013 9:05:21 AM
Lexifox posted...
Pendragon71037 posted...
Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait.

Wait.

Tyranny of the majority? So, your argument is that you should not listen to the majority, but then you say that you are the majority? Either you're a hypocrite, or you are saying we should not listen to you.

I am saying that the reason we should listen to the minority is because of "tyranny of the majority". The minority have a voice and rights, and they should be heard. Having an unpopular opinion does not make it less important than a popular one.

I then went on to argue that if one opposes gay marriage and feels they should not "bend to the majority", then they invalidate their own voice, as they would be in the minority in pretty much any civilised country.

Here's a minority for you. Murderers. I bet they wish they didn't have to listen to the majority that says that killing people is wrong. So here are your options: 1. You can say that murderers are being invalidated by the majority, 2. You can say that the majority is right, because it usually is, if you hadn't figured out. Or 3. You can give up this argument.
---
Chuck Finley is Forever! People that agree: 5. Proud member of the Omastar Club. All hail Omastar! Official Torterra of the White 2 board.
#263GalladetheGreatPosted 1/3/2013 9:26:15 AM(edited)
This game isn't about sex, or relationships. It's about battling.

"Oh no, my specific sexuality isn't properly represented in this game!"

Then go play a game that's actually focused on relationships. Attraction is one minor element of battles, and that's it.
---
glladgrat
Don't get mad, get gllad.
#264Pretztailfan95Posted 1/3/2013 9:25:10 AM
GalladetheGreat posted...
This game isn't about sex, or relationships. It's about battling.

"Oh no, my specific sexuality isn't properly represented in this game!"

The go play a game that's actually focused on relationships. Attraction is one minor element of battles, and that's it.

Couldn't have put it better myself.
#265LexifoxPosted 1/3/2013 9:44:03 AM
Pendragon71037 posted...
Here's a minority for you. Murderers. I bet they wish they didn't have to listen to the majority that says that killing people is wrong. So here are your options: 1. You can say that murderers are being invalidated by the majority, 2. You can say that the majority is right, because it usually is, if you hadn't figured out. Or 3. You can give up this argument.

Bravo, good sir. I needed that laugh.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#266Pendragon71037Posted 1/3/2013 9:46:12 AM
Lexifox posted...
Pendragon71037 posted...

Bravo, good sir. I needed that laugh.

You think I'm joking. I am completely serious, if murder is wrong, then murderers are wrong, even though they are getting their rights restricted.
---
Chuck Finley is Forever! People that agree: 5. Proud member of the Omastar Club. All hail Omastar! Official Torterra of the White 2 board.
#267LexifoxPosted 1/3/2013 9:59:05 AM
You are a gift that keeps on giving <3
---
#268Nidhogg151Posted 1/3/2013 10:48:40 AM
@Pendragon71037 You do realize there is a major difference between being for gay marriage and murder right?

The key here, is impacting other peoples lives. Gay marriage has no (actual) impact on a straight marriage/heterosexual peoples lives. However, not allowing gay people get married directly impacts them by not allowing them to do something that makes them happy/reap the legal benefits from marriage.

Murder is wrong for basically the same general reason. It impacts the victims life by ending it.

And for the record, I don't believe that people for gay rights are in the minority anymore. Or if they are they are barely a minority (like 54% to 46%). So it's not like some tiny minority just being loud, as you are making it out to be.
---
You can never be too rich, too good-looking, or too well armed.
Pokemon White 2: 4986 2948 4576
#269cloud_8f8fPosted 1/3/2013 10:51:08 AM
LegendEX posted...
I'm fighting gym skyla, she has a female pokemon Swoobat that uses "attract" on my female Flaaffy. and my Flaaffy didn't fell for it. If someone can confirm this is some sort of discrimination, and that kids are being exposed to the wrong message.

It's a KIDS game. Get over it.
---
Official Tepig of the B2W2 boards
Currently Playing: Pokemon Black 2, Pokemon HeartGold
#270LexifoxPosted 1/3/2013 11:06:56 AM
cloud_8f8f posted...
LegendEX posted...
I'm fighting gym skyla, she has a female pokemon Swoobat that uses "attract" on my female Flaaffy. and my Flaaffy didn't fell for it. If someone can confirm this is some sort of discrimination, and that kids are being exposed to the wrong message.

It's a KIDS game. Get over it.

Pokemon has had LGBT characters before.
---