This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gamefreak is not being fair with pokemon sexuality.

#271SMASHKING84Posted 1/6/2013 12:34:36 AM
The key here, is impacting other peoples lives. Gay marriage has no (actual) impact on a straight marriage/heterosexual peoples lives.

it does though your teaching people it's ok to be gay. which wouldn't be a problem if homosexuals could reproduce biological children.

If EVERYONE was gay the human race would die out that's a fact.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:3
Pokemon Black 2 [OU rules player] Rosa:4170-2970-6954 PM Me if you add me.
#272LexifoxPosted 1/6/2013 12:38:19 AM
SMASHKING84 posted...
The key here, is impacting other peoples lives. Gay marriage has no (actual) impact on a straight marriage/heterosexual peoples lives.

it does though your teaching people it's ok to be gay. which wouldn't be a problem if homosexuals could reproduce biological children.

If EVERYONE was gay the human race would die out that's a fact.

You know, every time I hear this I have to ponder...

Does the person making the argument really think that being taught it's wrong to be gay prevents homosexuality? Like, every person has some sort of gay seed that is waiting to be told "it's alright to be gay" before it blossoms into some sort of delightfully French bouquet?

There will never be a situation where homosexuality is so prevalent that the human race is in danger of going extinct. There will never be a time when humanity is in danger of being underpopulated.

Hell, even gay couples can have kids via in vitro fertilization.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#273SMASHKING84Posted 1/6/2013 12:51:59 AM
There won't always be invitro.
I don't know if being gay is wrong but in my opinion it is because there is no biological reason for it.

I mean i'll be honest when i was a kid i had gay desires but i eventually grew to like women(this is also why i believe it's not something your born with,if you were you couldn't go from being gay to not by choice)

I don't think even if you are born with something like that,that's it an exuse.
I was born as schizophrenia and even homosidial and suicidal tendencies does that mean I should go off my meds?
---
#274LexifoxPosted 1/6/2013 1:10:42 AM
SMASHKING84 posted...
I don't know if being gay is wrong but in my opinion it is because there is no biological reason for it.

First, I have to ask what will make IVF go away.

I mean i'll be honest when i was a kid i had gay desires but i eventually grew to like women(this is also why i believe it's not something your born with,if you were you couldn't go from being gay to not by choice)

Sexuality is fluid and not necessarily set in stone. There are plenty of people who are primarily interested in one sex but have the occasional attraction to the other sex. Alfred Kinsey is known for his famous reports on human sexuality, for example, and devised the "Kinsey scale", which provides a good idea for the range of human sexuality. I've liked girls all my life, but I have had the occasional attraction to men, putting me at a 5, for example.

There are plenty of people whose sexuality has changed, despite things like being married for several years. I've known people who considered themselves straight and gradually felt more bisexual or gay, and vice versa.

I don't think even if you are born with something like that,that's it an exuse.
I was born as schizophrenia and even homosidial and suicidal tendencies does that mean I should go off my meds?

You can't quite compare dangerous mental illness with homosexuality. One is a sexual attraction. The other is the innate desire to harm yourself or others and the inability to distinguish reality from fantasy. Homosexuality, using your given grievances, means that two people cannot conceive offspring together at the worst. They are not hearing voices or suffering from delusions or missing the feel of that cool metal blade against their flesh. As someone with a history of both homosexuality and suicidal tendencies, they are not in the same ballpark. Indeed, they are different thingsentirely.

Next, sexuality isn't something that you can "fix". There is no "cure". You cannot make someone's sexuality change. There have been many attempts at this, particularly from people who seek to change their own or others' sexuality for religious reasons. These attempted conversions have a considerably low success rate, and many people describe the results being less "I feel straight now" and more "I have learned to repress my feelings and urges".
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#275SMASHKING84Posted 1/6/2013 1:21:31 AM
I'm sorry if you thought i was equating sexuality with mental illness i was just making the observation that being born with a desire doesn't exuse it.

I realize there's no cure,you cannot cure the desire you have only supress them.
I'm not trying to say i hate the people who are gay but rather the idea it exist in the first place.

I'm not one to judge i have sexual desire i cannot explain why i have(i'm a furry in example*) but i'm trying to explain why i don't like it.

If your gay fine but don't try to make excuses if your confortable with your sexuality you don't need excuses even if people hate you for it

*the difference being i only pretend and would never have sex with animal in real life.
---
#276wind64aPosted 1/6/2013 1:21:59 AM
LegendEX posted...
I'm fighting gym skyla, she has a female pokemon Swoobat that uses "attract" on my female Flaaffy. and my Flaaffy didn't fell for it. If someone can confirm this is some sort of discrimination, and that kids are being exposed to the wrong message.

If it bothers you that much, just use a Zoroark/Zorua of the opposite gender. Then you can actually have screencaps of Pokemon, who appear to have the same gender, affected by attract. As long as the illusion isn't broken you can believe that Skyla's Swoobat can go beyond normal boundaries with its attractiveness.

Besides there's the backer couple if you want to see easter eggs within the game.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the BW2 boards. W2 FC: 3783 7001 3142
#277LexifoxPosted 1/6/2013 1:31:24 AM
SMASHKING84 posted...
I'm sorry if you thought i was equating sexuality with mental illness i was just making the observation that being born with a desire doesn't exuse it.

I realize there's no cure,you cannot cure the desire you have only supress them.
I'm not trying to say i hate the people who are gay but rather the idea it exist in the first place.

That's something of a glib statement. I would argue that a desire should be exercised based on the actual desire. It's considerably harder to excuse the desire to slit someone's throat, even your own, than it is to justify "I find this adult sexually appealing".

And yes, I specified adult to cut off the potential for pedophilia arguments.

I'm not one to judge i have sexual desire i cannot explain why i have(i'm a furry in example*) but i'm trying to explain why i don't like it.

If your gay fine but don't try to make excuses if your confortable with your sexuality you don't need excuses even if people hate you for it

*the difference being i only pretend and would never have sex with animal in real life.

I would argue that being furry isn't noteworthy because it's just so common an interest that there's little to no reason to be ashamed of it anymore. It's practically like being attracted to redheads by this point.
---
#278SMASHKING84Posted 1/6/2013 1:37:57 AM
I think i like you even though we disagree on homosexuality it's nice to see someone who doesn't think furries are the next hitler.

I think it's better we just agree to drop the subject all together,because honestly i don't like arguments that never end.
---
#279LexifoxPosted 1/6/2013 1:52:30 AM
I wouldn't call this an argument. It's more of a discourse.

I really don't have any issues with furries, TBH. Longtime exposure and a significant other being one helps. And besides, everyone's furry for Krystal.
---
#280Emerald_MeliosPosted 1/6/2013 5:00:21 AM
SMASHKING84 posted...

Why does it matter if there's a biological reason? Transhumanism like this would override that concept.