This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gamefreak is not being fair with pokemon sexuality.

#41FierceDeity1026Posted 12/27/2012 10:39:19 PM(edited)
It's not an unfair gender or sexuality issue; have you seen Swoobat? WhoTF in their right mind would be attracted to that anyway?

Maybe your Flaffy does swing the other way, but really, she's just showing that she doesn't have abysmal tastes.
#42LegendEX(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2012 10:39:01 PM
Spartan_Vice posted...
CheckmateD1 posted...
Why would Skyla's Swoobat try to attract another female Pokemon? That's right, kiddies. Some Pokemon just happen to swing that way. So, TC! It looks to me like GameFreak actually endorses the very thing you think they're discriminating against!.

but the attract ability is not working though. the program is set so that my female Flaaffy does not have any affect on the female Swoobat.

Wow, this sounds less sexual inequality and more you're trying to force your animal to be homosexual. Trying to force something to be any sexuality is wrong, for shame TC.

the program itself set to heterosexual standards . i'm sorry but that to me is forced by the developers, the mastermind (or god) of the pokemon nature. is like there is no free will for my Flaaffy.
#43Brandon042487Posted 12/27/2012 10:39:25 PM
I got some goobers
---
Don't ask questions you don't want to know the answer to.
#44BirdPwNz100Posted 12/27/2012 10:40:45 PM
Im playing Dragon Quest IV post-game.

Getting the ultimate gear for Psaro? That dude really is OPed to begin with, the equipment is icing on the cake lol
---
PSN: oBirdPwNz-
#45Brandon042487Posted 12/27/2012 10:41:05 PM
LegendEX posted...
Spartan_Vice posted...
CheckmateD1 posted...
Why would Skyla's Swoobat try to attract another female Pokemon? That's right, kiddies. Some Pokemon just happen to swing that way. So, TC! It looks to me like GameFreak actually endorses the very thing you think they're discriminating against!.

but the attract ability is not working though. the program is set so that my female Flaaffy does not have any affect on the female Swoobat.

Wow, this sounds less sexual inequality and more you're trying to force your animal to be homosexual. Trying to force something to be any sexuality is wrong, for shame TC.

the program itself set to heterosexual standards . i'm sorry but that to me is forced by the developers, the mastermind (or god) of the pokemon nature. is like there is no free will for my Flaaffy.

Sorry after PWT there was no room to give pokemon free will.
---
Don't ask questions you don't want to know the answer to.
#46LegendEX(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2012 10:41:05 PM
0-172 posted...
Do you know why Attract doesn't work on both genders? Because it would be completely overpowered if it did.

attract would not be overpowered, is just like any other status, paralyze, confused. attract does not completely bound. unlike frozen, this status sucks when you are on the receiving end.
#47Genesis DragonPosted 12/27/2012 10:41:43 PM
What if it's the case that Attract works on a level apart from sexuality? You know, acting on pure gender difference? Why does everyone have to treat it like it's so much more complicated?
---
Politics is weird. And creepy. And now I know lacks even the loosest attachment to anything like reality. -Shepard Smith
#48BirdPwNz100Posted 12/27/2012 10:41:49 PM
@BirdPwNz100

what's so funny man?

lol
---
PSN: oBirdPwNz-
#49pokeman4512Posted 12/27/2012 10:41:50 PM
LegendEX posted...
FlufyW0lf3y posted...
Or maybe some people don't believe in same sex couples so yeah.

when people have the "power" to develop a game and mass produce, they should be considerate to their fellow consumers. I don't believe in a lot of things, but I can see myself in their shoes since i have an open mind. you can't just have the power and create what you believe in and then force innocent minds to follow your beliefs. this turns out to be depressing having to explain to the likes of you. and i'm human too. you and I are one of the same,

If a KID saw that Attract didn't work on Pokemon of the same gender, he/she would more than likely think nothing of it. I know I'm assuming here, but it's a pretty darn safe assumption.
---
Black 2 FC: 5115-1288-1963
P.M. me if you want to add me.
#50LegendEX(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2012 10:49:01 PM(edited)
pokeman4512 posted...

If a KID saw that Attract didn't work on Pokemon of the same gender, he/she would more than likely think nothing of it. I know I'm assuming here, but it's a pretty darn safe assumption.

the mind works wonders, just because they dont think of it doesn't mean they are thinking of the issue, is in the back of their minds. they know damn well that male showing interest female are right. they go about their days in school teasing the other kids who don't have the "male attract female attract male" beliefs.