This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gamefreak is not being fair with pokemon sexuality.

#51willingmessPosted 12/27/2012 10:48:35 PM
I don't see why it should work. there are two differing opinions on the topic of sexuality. why take a risk and go against a huge percentage of your buyers? I am perfectly happy they keep out of the issue.
#52pokeman4512Posted 12/27/2012 10:49:38 PM
LegendEX posted...
pokeman4512 posted...

If a KID saw that Attract didn't work on Pokemon of the same gender, he/she would more than likely think nothing of it. I know I'm assuming here, but it's a pretty darn safe assumption.

the mind works wonders, just because they dont think of it doesn't mean they are thinking of the issue, is in the back of their minds. they know damn well that male showing interest female are right. they go about their days in school teasing the other kids who don't have the "male attract female attract male" beliefs.

And it is beyond your power to change that.
---
Black 2 FC: 5115-1288-1963
P.M. me if you want to add me.
#53Spartan_VicePosted 12/27/2012 10:50:09 PM
I'd like to add furthermore that the topic creator may not even have a basic understanding of eastern culture, where the game happens to be made. Therefore, not only is the topic creating trying to force his/her animals into being a certain sexuality just for the sake of being a pseudo-activist, which is animal cruelty, his/her ignorance on culture is making him/her look extremely racist. It's this kind of savageness that makes me wonder who the real cannibals are sometimes.
---
4/14/2010 - The Day one of my GameFAQs moderations was overturned.
Quoting something that sounds intelligent does not stop you from looking like an idiot.
#54pokemon2pokerPosted 12/27/2012 10:55:05 PM
Ugh, this makes 3 horrible trolls in one day. Why couldn't the trolls appear when my body temperature wasn't pushing 102?
---
CM_Punk_sXe is a terrible poster.
#55The_Sol_BladerPosted 12/27/2012 10:55:48 PM
This topic has 53 more posts than necessary

smfh, this board never changes
---
R - Official Matador of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
Black FC: 4127 2517 7042
#56LegendEX(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2012 10:56:22 PM
pokeman4512 posted...
LegendEX posted...

the mind works wonders, just because they dont think of it doesn't mean they are thinking of the issue, is in the back of their minds. they know damn well that male showing interest female are right. they go about their days in school teasing the other kids who don't have the "male attract female attract male" beliefs.

And it is beyond your power to change that.

what you say maybe true, but just maybe I can make a difference. I will have a talk with the game developers on the phone, or email, or whatever it is they prefer. I will make this such a big issue that even the news bulletin have to address it. Starting next week, I will have a team that will help me post this issue on reddit. and you guys can share using w/e social network you are using. I know people out there who want justice and equality, they eat up this discovery that I've made.
#57Brandon042487Posted 12/27/2012 10:59:32 PM
You assume I do anything on facebook

Because I socialize the archaic way. With a dry martini, shaken not stirred.
---
Don't ask questions you don't want to know the answer to.
#58LexifoxPosted 12/27/2012 11:00:27 PM
willingmess posted...
I don't see why it should work. there are two differing opinions on the topic of sexuality. why take a risk and go against a huge percentage of your buyers? I am perfectly happy they keep out of the issue.

Spartan_Vice posted...
I'd like to add furthermore that the topic creator may not even have a basic understanding of eastern culture, where the game happens to be made. Therefore, not only is the topic creating trying to force his/her animals into being a certain sexuality just for the sake of being a pseudo-activist, which is animal cruelty, his/her ignorance on culture is making him/her look extremely racist. It's this kind of savageness that makes me wonder who the real cannibals are sometimes.

Technically speaking, the games are made with Japan as the primary audience, hence the use of things like cigarettes, drug references, cultural references, etc. Sex and sexuality aren't as taboo in Asian culture as western culture. Homosexuality HAS been in the games before, with BW being the most well-known. It just tends to get censored or lightened up on.

pokemon2poker posted...
Ugh, this makes 3 horrible trolls in one day. Why couldn't the trolls appear when my body temperature wasn't pushing 102?

Your fever summons them.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#59Brandon042487Posted 12/27/2012 11:02:22 PM
Do martinis, goobers, and popcorn mix well?
---
Don't ask questions you don't want to know the answer to.
#60ShenanigansMan2Posted 12/27/2012 11:02:36 PM
Guys, seriously, this kind of topic gets made at least every other month. Why do people always reply to it. Why.
---
Every time someone reads this signature, a puppy dies
..You monster