This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So I take it Gamefreak is done including pokemon in game events for ever.

#1DrgonbxcrossPosted 1/1/2013 12:50:38 PM
R/S/E had 4 (FR/LG had..3?)

D/P/PLT had 3 (one of which was never used for some reason)

B/W had 1

B/W 2 have 0

I assume this to be because they figure they can just give them out to people over WiFi now with ease and don't have to worry about anybody cheating (Via AR'S) to get them.

Shame, I really enjoyed them in gen 3. It provided a sense of epicness and felt mysterious when you went to birth island or faraway island for mew.

If they do decide to REmake Gen 3, I wonder if they will keep all the old ingame events?
---
this one time, i found a pube in my unopened pokemon game
I would have 1500 karma, but I forgot to login. FC 2065 3310 1217
#2CWtennisPosted 1/1/2013 1:07:02 PM
Ya I love when they spend time programming events and never make them possible to obtain legitimately >_> Those are the times I hate Gamefreak
---
3053 5388 2361 - Pokemon White 2 FC < Default
5372 0620 2714 - Pokemon White FC
#3GastroidPosted 1/1/2013 1:19:57 PM
I don't care much. Most of the events screwed everyone outside of Japan, anyway. I much prefer WiFi Mystery Gift events.
---
Judicoid
Judicator-variant Android
#4Drgonbxcross(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2013 1:29:25 PM
Gastroid posted...
I don't care much. Most of the events screwed everyone outside of Japan, anyway. I much prefer WiFi Mystery Gift events.

They still pretty much do, we only get a fraction of what japan gets, even WITH Wifi.
---
this one time, i found a pube in my unopened pokemon game
I would have 1500 karma, but I forgot to login. FC 2065 3310 1217
#5EricDent1Posted 1/3/2013 4:10:42 AM
What you mean getting a special item, and then going on a quest to find a Legendary?

Cause yeah there is like these on BW2:

Heatran (Magma Stone)
Cresselia (Lunar Wing)

Plus you get the key thing for the Regis.
Not to mention the 3 Psychic spirits (Azelf & friends).
As well as the "3 musketeers" (Virizion & friends)

Of course there is the Nature Preserve for a non-legend...
---
Toho's Godzilla Will Live Forever
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 1292 6448 6021
#6thejectPosted 1/3/2013 4:21:41 AM
EricDent1 posted...
What you mean getting a special item, and then going on a quest to find a Legendary?

Cause yeah there is like these on BW2:

Heatran (Magma Stone)
Cresselia (Lunar Wing)

Plus you get the key thing for the Regis.
Not to mention the 3 Psychic spirits (Azelf & friends).
As well as the "3 musketeers" (Virizion & friends)

Of course there is the Nature Preserve for a non-legend...

These are all doable things. The others, were dumb. "Ffff I don't want to go to New York just for a Pokemon! :("

Also, I'd much rather WIFI even if they hate us outside of Japan. To be fair though, there is NO EXCUSE for not giving us the same pokemon through WIFI.
---
"Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive."
#7WiiareVenomPosted 1/3/2013 4:53:24 AM
one plus side to them making events into paid DLC, as weird as it seems to consider any plus side to that, is the possibility of the events being around for longer times<.<
---
You must let your anger be as a monkey in a pinata, hiding inside with the candy, hoping kids don't breakthrough with a stick.
#8FungusForBrainsPosted 1/3/2013 6:00:32 AM
Yeah, no. I'd rather not blow money on a plane ticket just so I can fly to a country where they actually distribute events to get a Pokemon.
#9AmesangPosted 1/3/2013 7:10:52 AM
I just want that "Pikachu & Friends" painting for my Dream World manor, as well as the museum rug. T_T Also the Winter '11 decor would look fab on my Black 2 gingerbread house.
---
"Help! Help! They've destroyed my cousin's brain!! Oh, my god! They've already milked you, haven't they?!!" -- Phoncible P. Bone
#10AnclationPosted 1/3/2013 7:38:44 AM
FungusForBrains posted...
Yeah, no. I'd rather not blow money on a plane ticket just so I can fly to a country where they actually distribute events to get a Pokemon.

This. One can criticize how they're handling the WiFi Mystery Gift events, but all in all they're far preferable to the old events.