This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So I take it Gamefreak is done including pokemon in game events for ever.

#21coreekymonPosted 1/3/2013 12:45:51 PM
Hozu posted...
CWtennis posted...
Ya I love when they spend time programming events and never make them possible to obtain legitimately >_> Those are the times I hate Gamefreak

This complaint has always been completely stupid in my eyes. Who cares if they program unused events into games (which was only once anyway) the only reason people even know about them is because of hackers. If it weren't for hackers you wouldn't even know you were "missing out" on something.

You can probably blame the removal of such events on hackers too. Gamefreak would probably rather distribute the pokemon in a way that isn't so easy to hack.
---
My Pokemon guide: pkmntrainercory.blogspot.com Check it out!
Shinji X Asuka is the most sacred pairing in all of anime. That is an unnegotiable fact.
#22Drgonbxcross(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 1:42:19 PM
Polimario posted...
ITT: People confusing in-life events with in-game events.

Lemme enlighten your day.

In-life: The events that require you to be physically present at a location to receive the item/Pokemon. (AKA what everyone is talking about)

In-game: The events that enable a little side-quest to get the Pokemon in question, i.e. Deoxys and Birth Island, Victini and Liberty Garden, Shaymin and Oak's Letter, etc.

TC is asking for the latter, not the former.

Indeed.

I liked the overall atmosphere of birth island and faraway island and even navel rock.

It was like extra areas that were programmed into the game.

Of course, they could still do this because it would be MUCH easier to just do it over wifi. I don't understand what the point of having mystery gift cards be sharable is if we never get any.
---
this one time, i found a pube in my unopened pokemon game
I would have 1500 karma, but I forgot to login. FC 2065 3310 1217
#23masladaPosted 1/3/2013 1:46:42 PM
I want them to give everyone a wish Chansey so I can stop whining about how I think wish Chansey/Blissey should be just banned for the fact there are probably less legitimate versions of the pokemon with usable IVs and natures than there are monsters in Loch Ness.
#24Drgonbxcross(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 2:56:22 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#25Drgonbxcross(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 5:18:09 PM
ThatKipp posted...
Drgonbxcross posted...
B/W had 1

Zoroark and Zorua make 3.
I never cared much for having to do a little sidequest and then catching the legend, rather than simply receiving it. The thing that sucks is that we'll likely never be able to nickname event legends since they don't have your OT.

I forgot about that, but you could get them in B/W 2 without the events and really it's just a chain of an event anyways.

But at least if People MISSED the even they always had the option to use an AR and get the item. Now if you missed it you're just SoL.
---
this one time, i found a pube in my unopened pokemon game
I would have 1500 karma, but I forgot to login. FC 2065 3310 1217
#26ClassyOldHatPosted 1/4/2013 7:53:05 PM
Drgonbxcross posted...
But at least if People MISSED the even they always had the option to use an AR and get the item. Now if you missed it you're just SoL.

Well, you can still technically hack the Pokemon straight into your game, even bypassing the need to endlessly soft reset for natures and IVs. It's just more of a hassle than hacking for the item. (Which is probably why Gamefreak went this route.)
#27reaverzPosted 1/4/2013 8:04:59 PM
I think it also has to do with the advent of the Cherish Ball, Classic/Premier Ribbon, and to a lesser extent the "Fateful Encounter" flag. Catching event legends in the game made it impossible to have them in a Cherish Ball or a Classic/Premier Ribbon, which I assume was GameFreak's way to mark them as special.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]