This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can the DS clock battery "die"

#1MovesLikeJabbaPosted 1/3/2013 9:20:59 AM
Ruby version's battery dies the other day, it was no big deal at first, bu now I can't grow berries can I?!? D=

Anyways, I just never want that for any of my DS Pokemon games.
Is it possible?

P.S. will playin Ruby on a system with a clock built in fix the time? (like GC or DS)
---
in the name of MAD, you gots to move like Jabba!
Official Flareon of all boards, PB2 FC: 4384-9811-8600
#2infinitexxPosted 1/3/2013 9:26:23 AM
There's no internal battery on DS carts, it's flash memory.
---
Posted from my Xbox360 with 360FAQS v1.1
#3RatedRKO7Posted 1/3/2013 9:34:27 AM
I thought the games use the internal clock for the ds.
---
Got it memorized?- Axel
Not changing this sig until Edge get inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame. Started 4/11/11
#4bararad13Posted 1/3/2013 1:34:23 PM
pokemon ruby and shappire indeed have a glitch where their internal battery can die - however this can be fixed by connecting to newer games - either the gamecube one or newer gba one -fr lg and emerald..
#5MovesLikeJabba(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 1:42:19 PM
bararad13 posted...
pokemon ruby and shappire indeed have a glitch where their internal battery can die - however this can be fixed by connecting to newer games - either the gamecube one or newer gba one -fr lg and emerald..

Troll? I have connected with XD since then, it didn't do anything.

And also, I know it uses the DS battery, but I wanted to know if that battery could die.
---
in the name of MAD, you gots to move like Jabba!
Official Flareon of all boards, PB2 FC: 4384-9811-8600
#6Kiro_namiPosted 1/3/2013 1:46:12 PM
bararad13 posted...

That's the berry glitch not the internal battery dying. The only way to fix the internal battery is to replace the old one.
---
GameFAQs is like a car crash - you know it's horrible but you just can't turn away.
#7Meltemi_RafalaPosted 1/3/2013 2:27:52 PM(edited)
MovesLikeJabba posted...
bararad13 posted...

Troll? I have connected with XD since then, it didn't do anything.

And also, I know it uses the DS battery, but I wanted to know if that battery could die.

Sure, it can. It's a Li-ion, so the capacity will effectively drop below the point of effective gameplay after a few thousand charge cycles. Mind you, it's kinda pointless to worry about it, since (a) if it does fail, you won't be able to play any games on your DS, or indeed, use your DS at all, (b) it's far easier to replace, the access simply being a panel on the back you can remove with a standard Phillips-head screwdriver and replacement battery packs being easy to find for sale online, and (c) your saves are in non-volatile memory, so they won't vanish just because your battery died, just like they don't vanish when you take the cart out of the DS.
---
All above is completely true and accurate, unless it isn't.
#8bararad13Posted 1/3/2013 2:34:48 PM
"moveslikejabba" -you asked if I am a troll because of what I posted? do you even know what this word means?
you spoke about berries so I told you what I know could help fixind it.. maybe xd can't but I am sure colluseum or emerald can fix it.. (as berry glitch= internal battry dying on a gba) and as for ds battery dying - you already got an extensive answer for that..
#9Meltemi_RafalaPosted 1/3/2013 2:49:23 PM(edited)
bararad13 posted...
"moveslikejabba" -you asked if I am a troll because of what I posted? do you even know what this word means?
you spoke about berries so I told you what I know could help fixind it.. maybe xd can't but I am sure colluseum or emerald can fix it.. (as berry glitch= internal battry dying on a gba) and as for ds battery dying - you already got an extensive answer for that..

The problem is that these really are completely different. The internal battery dying is because it is running out of internal charge. The berry glitch, which *is* what can be fixed, is completely, completely different in cause, though it has similar effects. The berry glitch is an internal software problem that can be patched in the manner you speak of. A dead battery is a hardware problem, and requires replacement of the battery.

That doesn't make you a troll, though; calling you that was completely uncalled for. That just makes you incorrect, and given that they do have some of the same effect (namely, disabling the game's real-time events), it isn't a completely impossible mistake to make. It's just that...well, the proposed solution would make no sense. For comparison, have you ever heard the joke about downloading more RAM? ^_^
---
All above is completely true and accurate, unless it isn't.
#10bararad13Posted 1/3/2013 2:56:53 PM
yea.. I understand.. I am not much of a tech savvy but your explanation was clear enough for me to get it.. so the resson for battary death in gba(sp at least) is the same as in the ds - due to to running out of internal charge - which make sense considering both use reloadable batteries..so where excatly can you get one in case such thing happens.. (I just got a little worried about that possibility)