Would it actually upset you if the gen 6 fire starter ends up fire/fighting?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version 2
  3. Would it actually upset you if the gen 6 fire starter ends up fire/fighting?

User Info: MizunoRyuu

MizunoRyuu
4 years ago#51
I don't care either way. Gen 4 was bad, and 5 was a complete bust. As far as I'm concerned, Pokemon is dead.
Evelynn is my waifu.
Help... Me...

User Info: Pretztailfan95

Pretztailfan95
4 years ago#52
MizunoRyuu posted...
I don't care either way. Gen 4 was bad, and 5 was a complete bust. As far as I'm concerned, Pokemon is dead.

Then what are you doing here?

User Info: Lord_Draco170

Lord_Draco170
4 years ago#53
I would be a little irritated, but then again, I rarely keep my starters around anyway. I usually replace them with pokemon that I enjoy using more.

It would just be another reason to go with the water or grass starters. Either way, I would rather see a Fire/Electric or something. (This would not be the first time that a starter would get a second type that counters the starter it is usually weak against if this happened)

User Info: mralpha543

mralpha543
4 years ago#54
Lord_Draco170 posted...
I would be a little irritated, but then again, I rarely keep my starters around anyway. I usually replace them with pokemon that I enjoy using more.

It would just be another reason to go with the water or grass starters. Either way, I would rather see a Fire/Electric or something. (This would not be the first time that a starter would get a second type that counters the starter it is usually weak against if this happened)

But then the water starter would need a secondary ice type
Water/Ice and the grass would be grass/ground
Rocket Professor Al ~ R ~ Support Elesa! Rocket take over world!

User Info: KeyBlade999

KeyBlade999
4 years ago#55
It wouldn't be THAT bad for me - it's tolerable. However, strategically, it's a pain to end up dealing with an additional two weaknesses (Flying, Psychic), while being only given a sparse set of Fighting moves, which, while able to take out four types (Normal, Ice, Rock, Steel), are so sparse and usually so weak as to be negligible.
Every wound a new opportunity, every curse a new challenge.
I shall encounter defeats... But I will not be defeated.

User Info: Earth_Echidna

Earth_Echidna
4 years ago#56
I wouldn't be upset, per se. I'd probably be whacking my head off a wall, though, yelling, "WHY! IS! GF! SO! ANNOYING!"

Yes, Fire/Fighting types are old as the hills. Blaziken was awesome. Infernape was okay. Emboar was bland after three generations of a row of Fire/Fighting type starters.
Pokemon SoulSilver FC: 1335 1407 6427
When Life gives you lemons, throw them back and demand cookies instead! -Official Sandslash of the PMD3 boards

User Info: Elec Man EXE

Elec Man EXE
4 years ago#57
Upset? Not really.

Mildly annoy and make me wonder why they're so stuck on Fire / Fighting for starters? Yes.
~ Master of Electricity ~
Electro: 0518-6613-7620 - Pokemon White

User Info: fueled-system

fueled-system
4 years ago#58
I just want a decently designed one, emboar was dreadful. If it looks as cool as infernape I have zero problems with it

User Info: tminus31

tminus31
4 years ago#59
I'd be more annoyed, the Fire/Fighting thing has really run its course now....
It's Only Impossible If You Stop To Think About It

User Info: FlyingPotatoe

FlyingPotatoe
4 years ago#60
As long as it looks cool. We haven't had a cool looking fire type since Typhlosion. (Maybe Blazikien)
:D.... :/.... D:... D':
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version 2
  3. Would it actually upset you if the gen 6 fire starter ends up fire/fighting?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived