This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would it actually upset you if the gen 6 fire starter ends up fire/fighting?

#51MizunoRyuuPosted 1/4/2013 8:12:13 AM
I don't care either way. Gen 4 was bad, and 5 was a complete bust. As far as I'm concerned, Pokemon is dead.
---
Evelynn is my waifu.
Help... Me...
#52Pretztailfan95Posted 1/4/2013 8:13:44 AM
MizunoRyuu posted...
I don't care either way. Gen 4 was bad, and 5 was a complete bust. As far as I'm concerned, Pokemon is dead.

Then what are you doing here?
#53Lord_Draco170Posted 1/4/2013 8:13:45 AM
I would be a little irritated, but then again, I rarely keep my starters around anyway. I usually replace them with pokemon that I enjoy using more.

It would just be another reason to go with the water or grass starters. Either way, I would rather see a Fire/Electric or something. (This would not be the first time that a starter would get a second type that counters the starter it is usually weak against if this happened)
#54mralpha543Posted 1/4/2013 8:18:39 AM
Lord_Draco170 posted...
I would be a little irritated, but then again, I rarely keep my starters around anyway. I usually replace them with pokemon that I enjoy using more.

It would just be another reason to go with the water or grass starters. Either way, I would rather see a Fire/Electric or something. (This would not be the first time that a starter would get a second type that counters the starter it is usually weak against if this happened)

But then the water starter would need a secondary ice type
Water/Ice and the grass would be grass/ground
---
Rocket Professor Al ~ R ~ Support Elesa! Rocket take over world!
#55KeyBlade999Posted 1/4/2013 8:32:05 AM
It wouldn't be THAT bad for me - it's tolerable. However, strategically, it's a pain to end up dealing with an additional two weaknesses (Flying, Psychic), while being only given a sparse set of Fighting moves, which, while able to take out four types (Normal, Ice, Rock, Steel), are so sparse and usually so weak as to be negligible.
---
Every wound a new opportunity, every curse a new challenge.
I shall encounter defeats... But I will not be defeated.
#56Earth_EchidnaPosted 1/4/2013 8:36:59 AM
I wouldn't be upset, per se. I'd probably be whacking my head off a wall, though, yelling, "WHY! IS! GF! SO! ANNOYING!"

Yes, Fire/Fighting types are old as the hills. Blaziken was awesome. Infernape was okay. Emboar was bland after three generations of a row of Fire/Fighting type starters.
---
Pokemon SoulSilver FC: 1335 1407 6427
When Life gives you lemons, throw them back and demand cookies instead! -Official Sandslash of the PMD3 boards
#57Elec Man EXEPosted 1/4/2013 8:37:23 AM
Upset? Not really.

Mildly annoy and make me wonder why they're so stuck on Fire / Fighting for starters? Yes.
---
~ Master of Electricity ~
Electro: 0518-6613-7620 - Pokemon White
#58fueled-systemPosted 1/4/2013 9:22:29 AM
I just want a decently designed one, emboar was dreadful. If it looks as cool as infernape I have zero problems with it
#59tminus31Posted 1/4/2013 9:26:12 AM
I'd be more annoyed, the Fire/Fighting thing has really run its course now....
---
It's Only Impossible If You Stop To Think About It
#60FlyingPotatoePosted 1/4/2013 9:34:57 AM(edited)
As long as it looks cool. We haven't had a cool looking fire type since Typhlosion. (Maybe Blazikien)
---
:D.... :/.... D:... D':