This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Welp. Looks like we're up for a game announcement or something else really huge.

#101Missingno_MastrPosted 1/4/2013 11:37:54 PM
R0cks0l1dd posted...
Don't bother with Shiningpikablu. He's a known troll.

This. You think he's bad here, you should have seen when he got fired from his position as an admin on Bulbapedia. Good Arceus, was he in denial! It was pathetic.
---
http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/groups/weezing-alliance/pictures/59420-1.PNG
#102shiningpikablu252Posted 1/5/2013 9:45:25 AM(edited)
CosmoKramer4700 posted...
1. They won't kick off the 3DS with remakes.

They will if they should have kicked off 3DS with Black/White 2, especially to properly line up the fifth generation with its target platform. Trust me, there is zero valid reason Black/White 2 were made DS games--for one, the DS was pretty much already a dead platform by the time they were initially announced...

7. This is already the LONGEST we've gone since the release of a new handheld and the start of a new Pokemon generation.

Yet the fact Black/White 1 were released as DS games has only one buyable reason: they came too early to be released on the fifth generation's target platform--the 3DS.

8. A three year generation lifespan falls in line with the first and second generations which didn't have remakes. It would be appropriate timing for gen 6 to be announced / released.

Generations have been getting longer and longer as time has gone on. The turnaround times between one-two and two-three were roughly three years. The turnaround times between three-four and four-five were roughly four years. It's only natural for the turnaround time between five-six and eventually six-seven as well to be roughly five years. If the five-six turnaround cycle were intened to be a short one, I'd guarantee you neither Meloetta nor Genesect would have been included...

9. The past two gens did have remakes. I can't see them releasing remakes every single generation. It's just a bad pattern. Will they release remakes of remakes? Will they release remakes of BW AND BW2 when it comes time for gen 5? Why should every other main series game be a remake of an older one? It's such a bad rut / pattern to dig themselves into. I think BW2 are enough evidence of them breaking the mold. There is no particular pattern to any generation. No two generations have the same exact release pattern.

Black/White 2 is also heavy evidence toward the aformentioned five-year cycle for the fifth generation. We're still going to be getting Gray on the 3DS, either in 2013 or in 2014; the year that doesn't have Gray, we should expect either a pair of Ruby/Sapphire remakes on the 3DS or a Black/White 3 on the 3DS, the latter if the former is intended for the sixth generation and on the 3DS's successor; finally, 2015 should be the initial pair of sixth generation games, late in the 3DS's lifecycle since the sixth generation's target platform has nothing known as of yet...

R0cks0l1dd posted...
Don't bother with Shiningpikablu. He's a known <deleted>.

WHAT?! I am not, never have been, and never will be what you just called me. I am an honest, respectable poster; always have been, always will be. I take great offense at any false accusation of me being anything other than an honest, respectable poster, just so you know...
---
I am a die hard Pokemon fan to the most, including the traditional hate of Yu-Gi-Oh.
#103R0cks0l1ddPosted 1/5/2013 9:39:36 AM
shiningpikablu252 posted...
R0cks0l1dd posted...
Don't bother with Shiningpikablu. He's a known <deleted>.

WHAT?! I am not, never have been, and never will be what you just called me. I am an honest, respectable poster; always have been, always will be. I take great offense at any false accusation of me being anything other than an honest, respectable poster, just so you know...

You're trying too hard.

Anyway I just found this picture somebody compiled.

http://www.abload.de/img/135737667505386dk4.png

After seeing this, what would The Pokemon Company's troll level be if this was Pokemon Dash 2 (inb4over9000).
---
I doubt they'll use any of those names; they're too bland. And they can't use Black or White for race reasons.
bond007106 of Neoseeker
#104GastroFanPosted 1/5/2013 9:45:58 AM
What if they announced the release of new movies for Pokestar Studios and Meloetta to NA? That wouldn't be expected, would it?

Official Cresselia of B/W2 Boards; Official Darkrai of PMD: Gates of Infinity Board
When will there be an official Cresselia event?
When will Meloetta be released in NA?
#105abbyhitterPosted 1/5/2013 9:46:45 AM
I'm hoping for R/S remakes for the 3DS!
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!
#106alobblobPosted 1/5/2013 10:32:20 AM
Whatever it is, I just hope it's not for the Wii U. I will never buy one, regardless of what games are on it.
---
"I am a FLAMING MOLTRES! MVHAHAHAHA!" -James
#107Reborn_Sigma(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 10:36:39 AM
Well now Game Freak's main Pokemon director Masuda is hyping this up. In Japanese, by showing the English site's tweet, and personally talking about it in English himself.

https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda
#108SakurafanboyPosted 1/5/2013 10:44:18 AM(edited)
@Shiningpikablu

No Nintendo handheld console has gone without its own proper generation. Generation V won't magically become a 3DS generation. Now, keep in mind, I'm one of those hyping up Ruby and Sapphire remakes, but what you're asking for its beyond ridiculous. B3/W3 and R/S remakes? I'm sorry but that will not happen. Generation VI will be on 3DS not some successor. Especially given the 3DS is only going on 2 years old, they aren't going to wait 6-7 more years to make generation 6. That's stupid to assume that and you know it as well everyone else. I do foresee Generation VI in our not-too-distant future.
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!
#109tsunamisurfer08Posted 1/5/2013 11:01:51 AM
Sakurafanboy posted...
B3/W3 and R/S remakes? I'm sorry but that will not happen.

You don't know that. No one expected BW2 and look what happened.

I'm not making a call either way. The 5th generation has broken every pattern so far and I'm not making wild guesses about what will come next.

Just wait and see. It's only three more days.
---
However history remembers me, it shall only remember a fraction of the truth.
#110abbyhitterPosted 1/5/2013 11:04:44 AM
They split Gen 2 into GB and GBC. They can split Gen 5 into DS and 3DS. I want R/S remakes now!
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!