This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Welp. Looks like we're up for a game announcement or something else really huge.

#111SakurafanboyPosted 1/5/2013 11:13:58 AM(edited)
tsunamisurfer08 posted...
Sakurafanboy posted...
B3/W3 and R/S remakes? I'm sorry but that will not happen.

You don't know that. No one expected BW2 and look what happened.

I'm not making a call either way. The 5th generation has broken every pattern so far and I'm not making wild guesses about what will come next.

Just wait and see. It's only three more days.

That just to me seems like a little too much milking... It'd suffer the same fate that Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty, and Final Fantasy XIII are facing. Lower sales because people get bored of the same stuff over and over. B2/W2 pushed the envelope, but B3/W3 would just be too much Unova at once. I don't see both R/S remakes and B3/W3 happening. If either one happens, it'll be one or the other, not both.
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!
#112Infernus93Posted 1/5/2013 11:13:40 AM
Pokemon Yellow remake.
Wii U game. Like Stadium 3.

I feel weird making guesses after how bad they got us with B2/W2.
---
I like Monster Rancher.
#113tsunamisurfer08Posted 1/5/2013 11:42:21 AM
Sakurafanboy posted...
tsunamisurfer08 posted...
Sakurafanboy posted...
B3/W3 and R/S remakes? I'm sorry but that will not happen.

You don't know that. No one expected BW2 and look what happened.

I'm not making a call either way. The 5th generation has broken every pattern so far and I'm not making wild guesses about what will come next.

Just wait and see. It's only three more days.

That just to me seems like a little too much milking... It'd suffer the same fate that Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty, and Final Fantasy XIII are facing.

Final Fantasy 7.

I'm not ruling out anything. I'm not going to make a solid guess either. Truth is, anything is possible, really. Look at how many times Kanto has been rehashed too. (GSC, FRLG, HGSS)
---
However history remembers me, it shall only remember a fraction of the truth.
#114CosmoKramer4700Posted 1/5/2013 2:12:55 PM
The point about Kanto reappearing in 3 games is completely irrelevant.

Gen 2 was split between the GB / GBC, but the GB and GBC were not that different in terms of hardware. There's really barely any difference between GS and Crystal. They didn't upgrade or change the graphics to make it a GBC game. At the time Crystal was released the GBA was already out in Japan. It was just pointless at that point to make it GB compatible. Why would they care about two generation old hardware?

Generation span hasn't been getting longer.

Gen 1 was longer than gen 2. Gen 3 and 4 were almost exactly the same length. The length of a generation is impacted by the release of new hardware.

The primary reason I believe gen 5 is only 3 years is due to the (smart, right) decision to make it for the DS. They're not going to continue to wait for 3DS Pokemon games when the wait has already been so long. Gen 5 wasn't intended for 3DS. If it was intended for 3DS it would've been released on 3DS. You say generations are getting longer. Why didn't they wait 5 years between gens 4 and 5 and release gen 5 on the 3DS, it's supposed "intended platform". Your logic is full of inconsistencies. You claim gens are getting longer, yet they chose not to extend the length of gen 4 and instead opted to release BW on the DS, even though somehow the intended system of gen 5 is the 3DS.

Splitting gen 5 between DS and 3DS will cause a number of issues. How exactly are DS games going to trade over wifi with 3DS games? It seems like a bit of an issue. Any gen 5 game on 3DS would be quickly outdated by gen 6. This would leave the games unable to truly communicate with either their gen 5 predecessors or gen 6 successors.

I have a strong opinion that 6th gen will be next. I'm not making any bold declarations like I won't buy the games if I'm wrong. I'm not betting my account or calling people ignorant or stupid for believing otherwise. I honestly think gen 6 is next and am simply providing evidence I see in favor of this point.
---
Gutalala Sudalala
ONE PIECE, IT EXISTS! - The Great Pirate, Edward Newgate "Whitebeard"
#115R0cks0l1ddPosted 1/5/2013 4:29:53 PM
Nothing shown on Smash like we expected. They didn't say anything about it on the preview either.
---
I doubt they'll use any of those names; they're too bland. And they can't use Black or White for race reasons.
bond007106 of Neoseeker
#116R0cks0l1ddPosted 1/6/2013 8:18:55 AM
I'm not sure if this is just random trivia they're posting but look at this.

https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/287940481814523905
---
I doubt they'll use any of those names; they're too bland. And they can't use Black or White for race reasons.
bond007106 of Neoseeker
#117green89Posted 1/6/2013 9:45:18 AM
I hope there will be Ruby & Sapphire remakes announced on Tuesday or maybe something else major. That would complete the 5th Generation to make way for Generation 6, which will have even more wider variety of Pokemon, moves, Abilities, and Items. Probably a new type that wasn't introduced since Generation 2, like Light.
---
White is my favorite Pokemon game!
#118SilverSaint7Posted 1/6/2013 9:47:32 AM
R0cks0l1dd posted...
I'm not sure if this is just random trivia they're posting but look at this.

https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/287940481814523905

New eeveelution confirmed.
---
My swagger brings all the scrubs to the yard.
#119MugilokoPosted 1/6/2013 9:53:53 AM
FireFightingeon confirmed.
---
BlackFC:1807-8830-3725. "Squids are evil!" http://i.imgur.com/VcOip.png
#120Missingno_MastrPosted 1/6/2013 10:22:10 AM
Please be a Poison Eeveelution. Please be a Poison Eeveelution.
---
http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/groups/weezing-alliance/pictures/59420-1.PNG