This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Welp. Looks like we're up for a game announcement or something else really huge.

#31SakurafanboyPosted 1/4/2013 12:05:59 PM
Reborn_Sigma posted...
Sakurafanboy posted...
I see no issue in the point I provided. Legends being in one game doesn't stop them from being in another.

Bzzt, incorrect answer! The Birds are not Johto legendaries. There previous presence is inconsequential to the games that will only passively feature them and without any advertisement whatsoever. If it were the Beasts who appeared in Platinum then you would have had a valid point, but nope.

Point is, that Hoenn legends can be in B2/W2 and in R/S remakes. There's no issue with GameFreak doing that. You're struggling to make a point here and its just not working out for you. Doesn't matter if the bird trio was Johto or not, they were in 2 consecutive games. It's the same with the Lati's and Regi's.

Besides, Hoenn's been garnering a lot of attention from GameFreak as of late. You'd have to be blinder than a deaf Zubat to not see it.
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!
#32Reborn_Sigma(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 12:16:30 PM
Sakurafanboy posted...
Point is, that Hoenn legends can be in B2/W2 and in R/S remakes. There's no issue with GameFreak doing that. You're struggling to make a point here and its just not working out for you. Doesn't matter if the bird trio was Johto or not, they were in 2 consecutive games. It's the same with the Lati's and Regi's.

Besides, Hoenn's been garnering a lot of attention from GameFreak as of late. You'd have to be blinder than a deaf Zubat to not see it.

Ugh, why do I even bother arguing with Hoennbabbies...
#33SakurafanboyPosted 1/4/2013 12:19:44 PM
Reborn_Sigma posted...
Sakurafanboy posted...

Ugh, why do I even bother arguing with Hoennbabbies...

That your way of throwing in the towel? FYI I'm not a "hoennbaby". I grew up on Red and Blue.
---
#34kakashik99992Posted 1/4/2013 12:25:12 PM
6th Gen~3DS
#35Missingno_MastrPosted 1/4/2013 12:31:41 PM
RaidenHero posted...
This is either..R/S Remake or 6th Gen

Or FR/LG remakes. I won't give up on the possibility of InfernoRed and ForestGreen. That said, I'd love to see Generation VI get started!
---
http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/groups/weezing-alliance/pictures/59420-1.PNG
#36Reborn_Sigma(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 12:32:48 PM(edited)
Sakurafanboy posted...
That your way of throwing in the towel? FYI I'm not a "hoennbaby". I grew up on Red and Blue.

Yes I'm throwing in the towel. Because you're too blind to see that they don't ****ing advertise and focus on Pokemon from old games if remakes based on the ones they came from are about to come out. It's incredibly stupid from a business standpoint, and it has never happened. The fact that the Regis, Lati@s, the Weather Trio, and Deoxys have ALL been shoved down our throat last year is compensation for the fact that there aren't going to be any damn remakes with them this gen.

Oh, and a Hoennbabby isn't someone who started with Gen 3. It's a person delusional enough to think remakes are on the way despite all evidence to the contrary.
#37SakurafanboyPosted 1/4/2013 12:39:42 PM
Reborn_Sigma posted...
Sakurafanboy posted...

Yes I'm throwing in the towel. Because you're too blind to see that they don't ****ing advertise and focus on Pokemon from old games if remakes based on the ones they came from are about to come out. It's incredibly stupid from a business standpoint, and it has never happened. The fact that the Regis, Lati@s, the Weather Trio, and Deoxys have ALL been shoved down our throat last year is compensation for the fact that there aren't going to be any damn remakes with them this gen.

Oh, and a Hoennbabby isn't someone who started with Gen 3. It's a person delusional enough to think remakes are on the way despite all evidence to the contrary.

You're really ignoring the fact that Hoenn itself, not just the Pokemon, has been getting a lot of attention from GameFreak? The music, the characters, every aspect about the region itself has been getting a lot of attention. Yes, the Pokemon too have been getting a lot of attention, but its way more than just that.

I posted about this on PokeBeach's forums and will gladly paste that whole post onto GameFAQs to show you that Hoenn has been really important as of late and I doubt its a mere coincidence when they have 3 other regions they could've picked, but didn't. I'm not being delusional here, I'm being logical. And there is money to be had in R/S remakes considering their internal batteries are drying up (I speak from experience) and the fact that DSi and on do no feature a GBA slot. They have stopped producing DS and DSLite a long time ago so to use that argument is no longer valid when there's no profit for GameFreak or Nintendo.

So I don't see how you see me as being delusional when I can bring some evidence to the table that you Gen VI beggars tend to ignore and keep going on and on about how they rushed Unova. Play a different tune next time, it'll help your argument a lot more.
---
#38jayman7Posted 1/4/2013 12:45:12 PM(edited)
In what way has "Hoenn itself" received any special attention that, and here's the important part:

THAT KANTO JOHTO AND SINNOH DID NOT GET???!

Anyway, we didn't get a countdown timer like this internationally for Black and White 2. No, this is too big for remakes. As far as I remember, the last time we got major international news was the announcement of Black and White 1 (not Zoroark, I mean the actual games' announcements with Reshiram and Zekrom's reveals.)
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#39SakurafanboyPosted 1/4/2013 12:46:37 PM
jayman7 posted...
In what way has "Hoenn itself" received any special attention that, and here's the important part:

THAT KANTO JOHTO AND SINNOH DID NOT GET???!

Anyway, we didn't get a countdown timer like this internationally for Black and White 2. No, this is too big for remakes.

This is my post from the PokeBeach forums, have fun trying to dissect it:

Its not just my opinion (Granted that is a factor) but also logic. You really think there's been 0 hints to R/S remakes? I was watching a 3 part series on YouTube about all the hints that B/W1 and B/W2 gave us that point to us getting Ruby and Sapphire remakes. I will openly admit that some of the points the person brought up are very weak, but some do hold some water.

For example; some of Hoenn's music can be found in the Generation V games (Lillycove and Rustboro specifically). Why include R/S music out of all the games they have to pick from? Why not Kanto? That's where Pokemon began so its music would make more of an impact, would it not? We all know the beeps and bloops from Lavender Town, yet they weren't thinking of anything about Kanto, Johto, or even Sinnoh. Nope, they gave us music from Hoenn.

Not to mention all the focus that the weather trio has been receiving as of late. The Dream World houses had received Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza plush dolls recently and its kind of curious why GameFreak would promote those 3 if they weren't going to be a focal point of Pokemon soon.

There's also the fact that some Hoenn legendaries have been in B2/W2. You may say that nullifies the possibility of Ruby and Sapphire remakes but recall Platinum, it had the Kanto birds yet those birds still found their way into HeartGold and SoulSilver merely a year later. So no, Hoenn legendaries being in Black 2 and White 2 does not signify that Hoenn won't be remade, in fact its quite the opposite.

Also remember at the end of the Hoenn series for the anime May said she was traveling to Johto to compete in Pokemon Contests there. Sure, it was a few years later, but we got Johto remakes. Now remember where Dawn said she was going to? Hoenn. Why not follow in May's footsteps whom she became friends with and go to Johto herself? Why Hoenn? Possibly because this is a hint that Hoenn will be important to fans. Maybe not in the anime (we didn't see May in Johto), but for the games. You'd be silly to think that the Anime writing staff doesn't receive tidbits from GameFreak so they know what to do with the anime.

All in all, so much attention has been panned over to Hoenn lately and I doubt its a mere coincidence. There's got to be a reason for it. I know everyone and their grandmas will say you can do Gen IV -> Gen V transfers to get all the Pokemon, but that's only how fans think. That is not how a business thinks. I haven't taken any business classes and I know this. Its common sense, businesses will only promote what makes them money.

The Gen IV -> Gen V transfer is just tacked on like most of the multiplayer in todays FPSes. Its just there to say its there, but its not what its focused on. GameFreak won't care if you can do that transfer, they'll try to sell you more games to get them without relying on those methods.
---
#40Missingno_MastrPosted 1/4/2013 12:50:56 PM
Yes, the last time I recall them making an announcement internationally, was when Reshiram and Zekrom were first revealed.

To me, this is looking more and more like we're about to get the Generation VI party started here. Only question remains, what will be the first Pokemon they reveal? Generation VI equivalent of Lucario/Zoroark? Version mascots? Evolutionary relatives of older Pokemon? Probably not the starters, I don't think they've ever revealed the starters before any other Pokemon in a generation... Oh, I hope we get a Poison-type Eeveelution! Or really, some more good Poison-types in general.

Also, I hope we don't lose connectivity with past generations. I'm sure it's a baseless fear, but with all the time, effort, and work I put into my Pokemon, I don't want to not be able to bring them into the newer games. I'm sure we won't be able to transfer stuff with HM moves, of course, but I'm hoping that's the extent of the restrictions.
---
http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/groups/weezing-alliance/pictures/59420-1.PNG