This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Welp. Looks like we're up for a game announcement or something else really huge.

#41ares9090Posted 1/4/2013 11:53:39 AM
Well, all that buzz about Hoenn on GF's side can mean:

"Well guys, we broke the mold with BW, and we broke the mold With BW2 so, we are breaking the mold with Hoenn remake (it didn't took place last year as it was supposed to be), so, take all this Hoenn events and be happy with them since there will not be any Hoenn remake anytime soon"
---
3DS FC Ares 3738 0446 1787 <> Black 2 FC Enyalio 0562 4621 2772
DW Collection: http://tinyurl.com/3qz7odk
#42jayman7Posted 1/4/2013 11:55:51 AM(edited)
Sakurafanboy posted...
For example; some of Hoenn's music can be found in the Generation V games (Lillycove and Rustboro specifically). Why include R/S music out of all the games they have to pick from? Why not Kanto? That's where Pokemon began so its music would make more of an impact, would it not? We all know the beeps and bloops from Lavender Town, yet they weren't thinking of anything about Kanto, Johto, or even Sinnoh. Nope, they gave us music from Hoenn.

Ruby and Sapphire had some second-gen music. Fire Red and Leaf Green had a lot of second-gen music - that was actually used in-game!!! There was no second-gen remake in the third gen.

Not to mention all the focus that the weather trio has been receiving as of late. The Dream World houses had received Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza plush dolls recently and its kind of curious why GameFreak would promote those 3 if they weren't going to be a focal point of Pokemon soon.

It's probably because they were given out in events in Japan, which is actually contrary to remakes.

There's also the fact that some Hoenn legendaries have been in B2/W2. You may say that nullifies the possibility of Ruby and Sapphire remakes but recall Platinum, it had the Kanto birds yet those birds still found their way into HeartGold and SoulSilver merely a year later. So no, Hoenn legendaries being in Black 2 and White 2 does not signify that Hoenn won't be remade, in fact its quite the opposite.

The birds, as stated before, were not second-gen Pokemon. They were just put into HG and SS as bonuses, not the focus.

blah blah anime

Anime has little bearing on the direction of the games.

The Gen IV -> Gen V transfer is just tacked on like most of the multiplayer in todays FPSes. Its just there to say its there, but its not what its focused on. GameFreak won't care if you can do that transfer, they'll try to sell you more games to get them without relying on those methods.

Because it's not like having the transfer will entice people to buy fourth-gen games, oh no. How is the Poketransfer any more "tacked on" than the Pal Park?
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#43R0cks0l1ddPosted 1/4/2013 11:57:16 AM
Missingno_Mastr posted...

Also, I hope we don't lose connectivity with past generations. I'm sure it's a baseless fear, but with all the time, effort, and work I put into my Pokemon, I don't want to not be able to bring them into the newer games. I'm sure we won't be able to transfer stuff with HM moves, of course, but I'm hoping that's the extent of the restrictions.

I think DS Download play will be used to transfer old Pokemon since you could do it between DS and 3DS for the Unova Link in BW2.
---
I doubt they'll use any of those names; they're too bland. And they can't use Black or White for race reasons.
bond007106 of Neoseeker
#44jayman7Posted 1/4/2013 12:00:07 PM(edited)
I'm not sure DS Download Play works between DS and 3DS games (remember, BW2 are not 3DS games!) However, some other franchise (Dragon Quest Monsters?) used a 3DS app to store data to be transferred from DS to 3DS games; this is very plausible.

And it could theoretically work as a Pokemon Box app, making it worth keeping on your 3DS.

And it could theoretically even be fourth-gen-compatible, though I'm not counting on that one.
---
#45ares9090Posted 1/4/2013 11:59:38 AM
R0cks0l1dd posted...

Also, I hope we don't lose connectivity with past generations. I'm sure it's a baseless fear, but with all the time, effort, and work I put into my Pokemon, I don't want to not be able to bring them into the newer games. I'm sure we won't be able to transfer stuff with HM moves, of course, but I'm hoping that's the extent of the restrictions.

I think DS Download play will be used to transfer old Pokemon since you could do it between DS and 3DS for the Unova Link in BW2.

No, you don't use Download play for the Unova Link, Pokemon Dream Radar writes data directly to your BW2 file.
---
3DS FC Ares 3738 0446 1787 <> Black 2 FC Enyalio 0562 4621 2772
DW Collection: http://tinyurl.com/3qz7odk
#46FlufyW0lf3yPosted 1/4/2013 12:00:06 PM
Guys, the announcement is about new plush dolls. I want a buizel and zorua one.
---
FC White: Bentley 3225 4368 8726
#47R0cks0l1ddPosted 1/4/2013 12:01:47 PM
ares9090 posted...
R0cks0l1dd posted...

No, you don't use Download play for the Unova Link, Pokemon Dream Radar writes data directly to your BW2 file.

I thought Unova Link was for transferring keys and using the Memory Link. I had to use Download Play for that.
---
I doubt they'll use any of those names; they're too bland. And they can't use Black or White for race reasons.
bond007106 of Neoseeker
#48SakurafanboyPosted 1/4/2013 12:05:06 PM
jayman7 posted...

Ruby and Sapphire had some second-gen music. Fire Red and Leaf Green had a lot of second-gen music - that was actually used in-game!!! There was no second-gen remake in the third gen.

Still, why would they waste the time and effort to put in Hoenn based music if they weren't intending to do anything with it? I'm sure there was more to their thought process when picking music other than "Whatever you want to put in, put it in". There's got to be some logical reason they'd pick those two tracks.

It's probably because they were given out in events in Japan, which is actually contrary to remakes.

Maybe, but that'd only be Groudon and Kyogre...I do not recall any recent Rayquaza event, yet that was promoted alongside Kyogre and Groudon. So this whole "its just because of the events" bit wouldn't work unless they give out Rayquaza as well.

The birds, as stated before, were not second-gen Pokemon. They were just put into HG and SS as bonuses, not the focus.

Bonus or not, it proves that you can't knock a game from happening just because its legends were in another game. That's foolish. I know that the Kanto birds are obviously gen 1, but they still prove that games can share legendaries. Hell, Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina were available in 3 games by the end of Gen IV. Surely they didn't need that much push. Point being; legends don't appear in just 1 game in any given generation.

Anime has little bearing on the direction of the games.

You really think they don't get scoops from GameFreak so they know what to promote? The anime is standalone in a way, yes, but in another its all one giant commercial. A lot of us bought Red and Blue after we saw the anime. Not everyone mind you, but a lot did. In that way the anime is a commercial promoting the games while having its own story. The mention of Hoenn can't just be taken with a grain of salt.

Because it's not like having the transfer will entice people to buy fourth-gen games, oh now. How is it any more "tacked on" than the Pal Park?

I was speaking of things like Pal Park. With Pal Park you could get all of the Gen 1 - 3 Pokemon from R/S/E/FR/LG therefore we had no need for HeartGold and SoulSilver. Did that stop them from happening? Nope, they came along anyways. Why? Because GameFreak knew they could make money off it even though PalPark existed.
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!
#49Spartan_VicePosted 1/4/2013 12:06:28 PM
Oh God, I can see their huge announcement now: Pokemon Wii U
---
4/14/2010 - The Day one of my GameFAQs moderations was overturned.
http://i.imgur.com/Pzq4j.gif
#50jayman7Posted 1/4/2013 12:07:31 PM
R0cks0l1dd posted...
ares9090 posted...
R0cks0l1dd posted...

I thought Unova Link was for transferring keys and using the Memory Link. I had to use Download Play for that.

Not transferring keys, but yes, Download Play is used for Memory Link.

Again, though, I don't think 3DS games are compatible with that. I could be wrong, but that's my suspicion.
---