This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Welp. Looks like we're up for a game announcement or something else really huge.

#51ares9090Posted 1/4/2013 1:11:18 PM
Maybe, but that'd only be Groudon and Kyogre...I do not recall any recent Rayquaza event yet that was promoted alongside Kyogre and Groudon. So this whole "its just because of the events" bit wouldn't work unless they give out Rayquaza as well.

Allow me to refresh your memory:

Nobunaga's Shiny Rayquaza?
V-Create Rayquaza?

Those are 2, just like Kyogre and Groudon.
---
3DS FC Ares 3738 0446 1787 <> Black 2 FC Enyalio 0562 4621 2772
DW Collection: http://tinyurl.com/3qz7odk
#52jayman7Posted 1/4/2013 1:12:08 PM
Sakurafanboy posted...
It's probably because they were given out in events in Japan, which is actually contrary to remakes.

Maybe, but that'd only be Groudon and Kyogre...I do not recall any recent Rayquaza event, yet that was promoted alongside Kyogre and Groudon. So this whole "its just because of the events" bit wouldn't work unless they give out Rayquaza as well.

http://serebii.net/events/dex/384.shtml

Two in 2012 alone. Research first, talk second.

Bonus or not, it proves that you can't knock a game from happening just because its legends were in another game. That's foolish. I know that the Kanto birds are obviously gen 1, but they still prove that games can share legendaries. Hell, Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina were available in 3 games by the end of Gen IV. Surely they didn't need that much push. Point being; legends don't appear in just 1 game in any given generation.

Never - ever - have they given away earlier-gen Pokemon in the same gen as remakes for that earlier gen, before the remakes came out, through events or otherwise. It has never happened. Mewtwo and the birds were not given out during the third gen before Fire Red and Leaf Green. Ho-Oh, Lugia, and the beasts were not given out in the fourth gen before Heart Gold and Soul Silver (they were in the third, but not the fourth).

Now, every single last non-event third-gen legendary Pokemon has been given out in the fifth gen without exception, either through BW2 or events.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#53SilverSaint7Posted 1/4/2013 1:16:09 PM
Whether its Gen 6 or RSE remakes, don't expect too much information on the 8th. We're probably just going to find out the names of the new games, and maybe the release date, and then we'll have to wait until this month's CoroCoro or February to get some real information/pokemon silhouettes/cover legends/whatever.
---
My swagger brings all the scrubs to the yard.
#54GalladetheGreatPosted 1/4/2013 1:18:52 PM
Just watch it not be a new game.
---
glladgrat
Don't get mad, get gllad.
#55Ari917Posted 1/4/2013 1:20:32 PM(edited)
GalladetheGreat posted...
Just watch it not be a new game.

You mean like what SE did with TWEWY?

Sure if GF want's to tick off their entire fanbase.
#56SakurafanboyPosted 1/4/2013 1:24:11 PM
jayman7 posted...
http://serebii.net/events/dex/384.shtml

Two in 2012 alone. Research first, talk second.

Maybe you got a point there, but still you have to wonder why GameFreak's been doing so much for Hoenn as a whole lately. They saw from both FR/LG and HG/SS that nostalgia sells games and a lot of them at that. Why not capitalize on that nostalgia before it passes? GameFreak is a business so you have to see this from a business perspective not just a "I want Gen 6" perspective. If I were to ignore business logic, I too would be prancing around going "GEN 6 GEN 6!!!" but that is not how it works.

I would love to see Gen VI as looking at the silhouettes and speculating on what they can be is fun. Not to mention looking at the fakemons that come that have, over the years, improved drastically in quality (Imo Gen IV's fakemons were atrocious, but Gen V's were great). Not to mention it does give a whole new region to explore. Just that right now is not the time for it. Gen V still has a lot of life in it. Its been one of the more successful generations for GameFreak so why kill it off prematurely?

Never - ever - have they given away earlier-gen Pokemon in the same gen as remakes for that earlier gen, before the remakes came out, through events or otherwise. It has never happened. Mewtwo and the birds were not given out during the third gen before Fire Red and Leaf Green. Ho-Oh, Lugia, and the beasts were not given out in the fourth gen before Heart Gold and Soul Silver (they were in the third, but not the fourth).

Now, every single last non-event third-gen legendary Pokemon has been given out in the fifth gen without exception, either through BW2 or events.

Maybe, but hasn't Generation V broken a lot of traditions? We got direct sequels (you could argue that G/S are direct sequels to R/B and be correct, but that was in a new generation, this time its in the same generation). So why not break the mold of "only remakes can hold that region's legends"?
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!
#57GastroFanPosted 1/4/2013 1:26:40 PM
For those skeptical of a R/S/E remake, there are signs that might indicate it such as the giveaway for the Kyushu bullet train. I was told that area of Japan was the location on which GF based Hoenn; an anniversary was also mentioned at the time of 10 years since R/S. At least two good reasons right there for a R/S/E remake other than the fact that hardly anyone still has a Game Boy or a DS or a DS Lite which will allow you to go to Pal Park in order to transfer pokes.

Official Cresselia of B/W2 Boards; Official Darkrai of PMD: Gates of Infinity Board
When will there be an official Cresselia event?
When will there be an official Meloetta event in the US?
#58KitschgardenerPosted 1/4/2013 1:29:02 PM
ITT: Loads of Gen III legendary giveaways = Hoenn confurrrmmmed.

If there weren't any Gen III Pokémon events this gen, it'd be, "Obviously they're saving them for when Hoenn is confurrrrmmmmmed, etc."
#59LLL_DeadlyPosted 1/4/2013 1:35:19 PM
I'm actually hyped now lol.

We're probably gonna be waiting at least a year for whatever game is confirmed in this upcoming announcement, though...
---
"Offense is the ultimate defense. If that were true, nobody would die, you know?" - Tales of Symphonia
#60R0cks0l1ddPosted 1/4/2013 1:39:06 PM
LLL_Deadly posted...
I'm actually hyped now lol.

We're probably gonna be waiting at least a year for whatever game is confirmed in this upcoming announcement, though...

If it is Gen 6 (or a main game at all), TPCi announcing it simultaneously is showing that they might actually bother to release it earlier than we would usually get it. It all depends on what the Japanese release date is.
---
I doubt they'll use any of those names; they're too bland. And they can't use Black or White for race reasons.
bond007106 of Neoseeker