This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How often do you nickname your pokemon?

#31ChargrilledPosted 1/5/2013 12:05:12 PM
i think the only time i ever did it was when i got my first ever pokemon in a pokemon game. never bothered again
---
GT : DeadJericho / PSN/Wii-U : Focalpoint /
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!
#32VIIVincentPosted 1/5/2013 12:10:20 PM
almost never

i usually come up with bad names. one time my team was nicknamed but they had names that related to their type or looks. like Charizard was Draco, Gyarados was Hydra and Pikachu was Shocker. like what the hell.
---
The end is nigh! *continues playing game*
psn: DragunSkullz
#33ufojoePosted 1/5/2013 1:00:37 PM
I almost always nickname the Pokemon i use but usually don't bother with the Pokemon i caught only to fill the Pokedex. If i nickname a Pokemon that usually means i am going to use it at some point.
#34The_Mighty_KELPPosted 1/5/2013 1:04:17 PM
CM_Ponch posted...
I nickname every pokemon I use on my team

Yup. On my diamond playthrough, I've got Gyro the Gyarados, Graveo the Golem, Lucky the Luxray, Flip the Torterra (I named him Flip after an actual turtle I used to have), Kazza the Alakazam (that one the girl trades you), Pepper the Pelipper, and Dilgy the Dialga. I also use Chatot the Charap (that the girl trades you) and a couple others occasionally.
---
Jogurt attacks! Inflicts 1 point of damage on the Goblin. Goblin is defeated! Jogurt gains experience.
...it appears that Jogurt's level has increased to 1.
#35TeraPatrick2008Posted 1/5/2013 1:07:06 PM
twice a day, each
#36Montgomery14Posted 1/5/2013 1:09:51 PM
Always.

My first Snorlax was named Fat Bastard. It was magnificent.
---
Proud Toronto Raptors fan since 2002
"Enjoy life, there is plenty of time to be dead."
#37MaiagarePosted 1/5/2013 1:10:53 PM
Almost never.
#38LentasticPosted 1/5/2013 1:11:37 PM
I've always given nicknames to all the Pokémon I decide to use in my party,
Oh and when I need to catch a Pokémon for a friend I usually give it a funny/ridiculous nickname just to give them a laugh :P it's especially funny when they think it's a great nickname and decide to train it.
#39FaycelessPosted 1/5/2013 1:18:41 PM
Every single one. It's one of my favorite parts of the game. My only rule is that the name doesn't make sense. Then I can go back and laugh at my own ridiculousness.
#40abbyhitterPosted 1/5/2013 1:25:29 PM
Never
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!