This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ITT: Moves you used to think were amazing, but now realize they aren't that good

#11SirDanieIPosted 1/5/2013 7:49:35 PM
Noobs use waterfall gyrados. Real men use Hydropump
---
23/11/12 Me: WTF Why do you have 6 boots?
NoobElise: Aren't I a spider?
#12Rin_UedaPosted 1/5/2013 7:56:18 PM
Lol I thought Destiny Bond was the best trump card in the world for a long time, but now I don't really see it/use it anymore, I don't wanna have the only way I win be losing XD
---
GT DkP Godslayer. I slay gods, leader of Team Donkeypunch and ace pilot for Dragon Slayers in ACV
Currently playing Pkmn Black2, 3DS FC: 5472-6173-8429
#13Nidhogg151Posted 1/5/2013 8:00:54 PM
TehTrumpCard posted...
Surf.

I don't think hitting my teammates is that amazing. Damn you Gen V!

I hope this is a troll/joke comment. If not, go pair up a Pokemon that uses surf, with a Pokemon that has Storm Drain/Dry Skin/Water Absorb and watch as you do damage to both of your enemies and benefit your other Pokemon.
---
You can never be too rich, too good-looking, or too well armed.
Pokemon White 2: 4986 2948 4576
#14TehTrumpCardPosted 1/5/2013 8:13:18 PM(edited)
Nidhogg151 posted...
TehTrumpCard posted...
Surf.

I hope this is a troll/joke comment. If not, go pair up a Pokemon that uses surf, with a Pokemon that has Storm Drain/Dry Skin/Water Absorb and watch as you do damage to both of your enemies and benefit your other Pokemon.

I'm well aware but there's also Mummy, Worry Seed, and Skill Swap to deal with.

Not to mention your Storm Drain/Dry Skin/Water Absorber being KO'd before your Surf is used.
---
If everyone was right who'd be the gigalomaniac? "Whose eyes are those eyes?"
3DSXL FC: 4640-0379-8455 PSN: TehTrumpCard n ReimuHakure-
#15reaverzPosted 1/5/2013 8:13:46 PM
I thought Present was really good because I had a wild Smeargle Sketch it back in Gold and it the little fiend did tremendous damage to my level 100 Meganium even though it was only level 20. I bred it onto a Pichu, but much to my anger the eventual Raichu did little to no damage with Present and I couldn't figure out why.

It wasn't until years later that I found out about the Present glitch in Gold/Silver.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#16Goku61394Posted 1/5/2013 8:17:18 PM
reaverz posted...
I thought Present was really good because I had a wild Smeargle Sketch it back in Gold and it the little fiend did tremendous damage to my level 100 Meganium even though it was only level 20. I bred it onto a Pichu, but much to my anger the eventual Raichu did little to no damage with Present and I couldn't figure out why.

It wasn't until years later that I found out about the Present glitch in Gold/Silver.

What's the present glitch?
---
What is Zapdos? Please don't spoil the game for me cuz I never completed the main quest." halofan9912
Official Charizard of the Pokemon MMM board
#17reaverzPosted 1/5/2013 8:24:31 PM
Goku61394 posted...
reaverz posted...

What's the present glitch?

I wish I knew how to really explain it, but this is the explanation Bulbapedia gives:

In Gold and Silver, the move Present is glitched and the Level, Attack, and Defense variables of the damage formula are replaced. This causes the move to deal unusually large or small amounts of damage depending on the Pokémon. This glitch is not present in Pokémon Stadium 2 or Pokémon Crystal.

What I do know, is that when a Normal-type Pokemon uses Present in G/S, it has the maximum potential for inflicting damage, and that Electric-types are among the weakest users of the move (with Dark-types being the worst users). It all has to do with the Index Number of the type.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#18Nidhogg151Posted 1/5/2013 9:04:00 PM
TehTrumpCard posted...
Nidhogg151 posted...
TehTrumpCard posted...
Surf.

Not to mention your Storm Drain/Dry Skin/Water Absorber being KO'd before your Surf is used.

Yeah but how often are those really a problem? And if your partner Pokemon dies before being able to use Surf, then it becomes a moot point since it's still not going to hit anything. I use a Surf Politoed with Gastrodon and Toxicroak all the time in doubles, and it works amazingly most of the time.
---
You can never be too rich, too good-looking, or too well armed.
Pokemon White 2: 4986 2948 4576
#19kabigon20Posted 1/5/2013 9:10:25 PM
TehTrumpCard posted...
Nidhogg151 posted...
TehTrumpCard posted...
Surf.

The way to get around that is to stop sucking at pokemon.
---
Brawl fc: 0946-1910-2716 Pokemon Black 2 fc: 5372-8298-8628
Ruby/Sapphire remakes will be part of 6th gen on 3DS. If not, I'll close my account.
#20iron_defensePosted 1/5/2013 9:18:49 PM
Fire Spin, I blame the anime for making it look cool.
---
I think it's only fair that we throw monopoly money at strippers with fake boobs.