This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What did you name your character in the game? And WHY.

#61cycnetPosted 1/9/2013 12:18:47 PM
JJ, cause it is my initials, for W2
Ezekiel for gold and W1 cause I think it is a cool name
VALIS for my B1 after a ...erm, thing in a sci fi novel that is hard to explain
---
W2 code: JJ 0132 9615 4174
#62HozuPosted 1/9/2013 12:30:02 PM
Hozu. Take a guess.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qCo47.png
#63residentbowersPosted 1/9/2013 12:36:47 PM
Thief. so that way when anbody yelled my name they be like "thief! thief!" and i'd chuckle.
---
but Black Dynamite, I sell drugs to the community.
#64CakeOfLiesPosted 1/9/2013 12:46:06 PM
I name my character Kain for my first file of SoulSilver as a reference to Final Fantasy IV and I named my rival after one of the villains from that game. My friend got HeartGold on the same day and named himself Cecil (also a FF IV reference) and named his rival after another villain from that game.

In every other file of these games I've named my character THIEF as a reference to Link's Awakening. One of the best Zelda games of all time.
It's great when people say "THIEF! You are a very kind trainer!" or "THIEF? What a wonderful name!"
---
"You think our rage a weakness? Then let me show you... how wrong you are!" - Edge, Final Fantasy IV
#65MugilokoPosted 1/9/2013 12:48:07 PM
Murilo because it's my name >_>

I'm thinking of using another name on B2 though.
---
BlackFC:1807-8830-3725 "Squids are evil!" http://i.imgur.com/VcOip.png
Official Zoroark of the Pokemon XY board
#66AmesangPosted 1/9/2013 12:59:22 PM(edited)
I named the female main after "Karen Thorn," a character I've been drawing for.. over a decade now, hard to believe. They both have huge, bright eyes, big, happy smiles, and volumes of hair. Not to mention that, to paraphrase one online cartoon, they're both just so bouncy and round! ^_^ (In one way or another)

Now I just have to draw some pictures of Karen dressed as Rosa in certain Pokémon-esque situations (exploring Join Avenue, hanging out at her Dream Island, making a film at Pokéstar Studios, etc.).

(Also I really didn't like Nate's appearance, and since I had already played as Hilbert in Black, using the name "Amesang," I decided to switch it up a bit.)

EDIT: Ynni's post reminded me that I had named the rival, Hugh, "Grey," as a reference to the games titles', as a pseudo-anagram of "Gary," the original rival, and because of "Fifty Shades of Grey" since I had originally (and still do, occasionally) drawn Karen as a succubus.

While I'm editing I'll mention that I named my Black character "Amesang" because it's the last name for a different character I draw (female as opposed to male, however), as well as being my account name on YouTube and my Gamertag on Xbox LIVE. Had it not already been taken by other people on Twitter and Facebook, I'd have used it there, too (assuming I bother to ever sign up).
---
"Help! Help! They've destroyed my cousin's brain!! Oh, my god! They've already milked you, haven't they?!!" -- Phoncible P. Bone
#67Earth_EchidnaPosted 1/9/2013 1:03:42 PM
Earth. *points to username* The same reason I used that prefix when I came up with my very alliterative username.
---
Pokemon SoulSilver FC: 1335 1407 6427
When Life gives you lemons, throw them back and demand cookies instead! -Official Sandslash of the PMD3 boards
#68adismaltheftPosted 1/9/2013 1:10:54 PM
Mugiloko posted...
Murilo because it's my name >_>

I'm thinking of using another name on B2 though.

Murilo is a cool name.
---
I think never is enough.
Gamertag: Icecold229
#69CthulhuMessiahPosted 1/9/2013 1:54:15 PM
Locke, because don't tell me what I can't do.
#70glitchunter75Posted 1/9/2013 2:12:38 PM
I always try to use original and cool-sounding names. Ones that no one would use.

That philosophy led to names like KABOOM!!! (Ruby), Reaper (HeartGold), and Pyro (Black 2).

Also, I named my Black 1 character Dreamer. I had no idea at the time the story had to do with truth and ideals.
---
Legendary Pokemon: Breaking balls in their sleep since 1998.
Official Shiny Victini of the Pokemon B/W 2 and PMD: GTI boards.