This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

3DS Confirmed

#131Nidhogg151Posted 1/7/2013 5:48:14 PM
reaverz posted...
Nidhogg151 posted...
Reborn_Sigma posted...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

Ohhhhhhh Theriaaaaaaaan. Where are you and your DS remakes, bro?

Just to play the devils advocate, just because the next game is going to be on the 3DS, doesn't mean they still can't be remakes. I have always been about 95% positive that no matter what, the next Pokemon game would be on the 3DS. However I'm still 40/60 on whether or not it will be remakes or gen 6 respectively. Both have strong arguments as to why they could be next, and I don't really see any reason why the remakes can't be on the 3DS. I mean, you should still be able to trade to B/W and B/W2 versions easily enough, and last I checked you're not required to not required to own the gen games to play a remake.

The only reason I lean more towards gen 6 than remakes, especially now that it seems confirmed to be for 3DS, is because it simply makes more sense to showcase a game for a new system with a brand new game.

But the 3DS separates both Download Play and internet settings from those used by the DS. That could cause certain compatibility issues with a Gen 5 R/S remake on the 3DS with regards to the GTS (which uses Nintendo WiFi Connection and not the Nintendo Network) and perhaps even Wireless Play. Not to mention that a year later, the Gen 6 games for the 3DS won't be fully compatible with the remakes, putting the Hoenn remakes in a sort of limbo.

It makes far more sense in every way to release 3DS Gen 6 games first, and then maybe use the new look for remakes that are fully compatible with the Gen 6 pair.

What do you mean? I'm not arguing, just confused. I play my White 2 on my 3DS exclusively, and use the GTS just fine all the time.
---
You can never be too rich, too good-looking, or too well armed.
Pokemon White 2: 4986 2948 4576
#132Reborn_SigmaPosted 1/7/2013 5:48:16 PM
TherianReturns posted...
You're still delusional, it's ridiculous.

What a waste of time you are

Talking about yourself? What a strange thing to do.
#133Kooky_von_KoopaPosted 1/7/2013 5:48:59 PM
SettaWorldTeeth posted...
It's in 10 and a half hours.

Thanks, the exact time I last sleeping ohohoho, this is delicious.
---
I am not changing this signature until Mewtwo/Dr. Mario is confirmed for Smash 4.
Jesus is the best ever! (B)uilt (O)n (S)elf (S)uccess.
#134reaverzPosted 1/7/2013 5:56:19 PM(edited)
Nidhogg151, the 3DS is still using the DS servers and online settings when playing a DS game like BW2. The internet connection settings for the DS and the 3DS are separated on the 3DS menu and you have to set them up separately.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#135Nidhogg151Posted 1/7/2013 5:56:41 PM
reaverz posted...
Nidhogg151, the 3DS is still using the DS servers and online settings when playing a DS game like BW2. The internet connection settings for the DS and the 3DS are separated on the 3DS menu and you have to set them up separately.

Couldn't they just set it to the DS settings for that one game though?
---
You can never be too rich, too good-looking, or too well armed.
Pokemon White 2: 4986 2948 4576
#136TehTrumpCardPosted 1/7/2013 6:00:07 PM
I feel bad for anyone who wants to enjoy main series Pokemon and doesn't have a 3DS yet...

Not really. It's time to upgrade folks. GF only didn't put Gen V on the 3DS because it was still much too new for millions of fans to have a 3DS.
---
If everyone was right who'd be the gigalomaniac? "Whose eyes are those eyes?"
3DSXL FC: 4640-0379-8455 PSN: TehTrumpCard n ReimuHakure-
#137reaverzPosted 1/7/2013 6:06:18 PM(edited)
Nidhogg151 posted...
reaverz posted...

Couldn't they just set it to the DS settings for that one game though?

You know, I'm not sure... The 3DS turns into a DSi while it plays DS games (much like the Wii U has to turn into a Wii in order to play Wii games), so I don't think a 3DS game could utilize the DS internet settings, but I could be wrong.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#138maestroPosted 1/7/2013 6:06:00 PM
TehTrumpCard posted...
I feel bad for anyone who wants to enjoy main series Pokemon and doesn't have a 3DS yet...

Not really. It's time to upgrade folks. GF only didn't put Gen V on the 3DS because it was still much too new for millions of fans to have a 3DS.

So true,

Its not as if this day would never come. It was inevitable that a pokemon game would come out on the 3DS. Besides there are also a ton of other really good games that they're missing out on.
---
what is a ? WE DONT HAVE TIME FOR YOUR IMAGINARY MONEY! HOW MUCH DOES IT COST!?! - the afrochicken
#139iron_defensePosted 1/7/2013 6:07:04 PM
I'm already playing Black 2 on 3DS so it is no big deal.
---
I think it's only fair that we throw monopoly money at strippers with fake boobs.
#140Aladdin2557Posted 1/7/2013 6:08:08 PM
No no no, the presentation will be made on a 3DS, with the Nintendo President being seen via Augmented Reality, but the actual game will be on the DS. R/S/E remakes on the GBA will follow.
---
Official Zoroark of Gamefaqs Also I am a Zoroark IRL
Black 2 FC: 3139 4467 9723