This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Seriously, why the hell do people not EV train?

#31ZarethKnyghtPosted 1/7/2013 10:51:18 PM

Look, congress has very little control of the economy as it is, no matter which party is in charge.

Just look a Roosevelt's Presidency. The New Deal didn't get the American Economy out of a slum until the war economy started showing off.

I'm aware of this. That's why my stance is that "sh*t happens, forget the blame game and focus on fixing it."

Coller21, you're welcome. You also contributed absolutely nothing to the original topic either. Congratulations on being a hypocrite.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 4256 2465 9359
#32willingmessPosted 1/7/2013 10:54:54 PM
ZarethKnyght posted...
willingmess posted...
Valtero posted...
People that don't EV train because they don't know about it are fine. People that DO know it exists and don't do it for some reason are lazy.

Windyligth posted...
Probably so, seeing as Obama got elected again.

He got reelected because all the Republicans could offer as an opponent was a mega-millionaire who's completely out-of-touch with 99% of the population and whose only alternative to Obama's economic plan was the same trickle-down economics that got us in this mess in the first place. Not to mention his total disdain for more than half the population, women, and every minority. Educate yourself, kid.

I think it is silly to blame republicans when democrats had complete control of congress before the crash. also I feel it is rather silly of you to talk about a man you know so very little abou as though you were the expert on the matter.

I think it is silly to blame the democrats for a problem that was out of their control when they took over. But you seem to be blaming them for it anyway as if you know all the details that happened.

I'm sorry but I'm tired of "blame it on bush" and yes I do believe I'm more knowledgeable on the matter than the party of "throw more money at it" and now apparently they plan on raising taxes on the drivers of the economy. the people who actually went out and took a huge risk and succeeded. you want to be a millionaire? then you go out find a good idea and spend all your lifesavings trying to make it a success. otherwise be happy where you are. don't complain about taxation on the rich either. their investments are also a main driving force in the economy. without them many places would not have the cash flow in order to be able to run.

I'm sorry but I feel that I have to at least say what I believe otherwise the constant braying coming from the other side gets to me
---
Warning! the preceding post may cause severe laughter. viewer discretion is advised
#33ZarethKnyghtPosted 1/7/2013 11:07:38 PM
willingmess posted...
ZarethKnyght posted...
willingmess posted...
Valtero posted...
People that don't EV train because they don't know about it are fine. People that DO know it exists and don't do it for some reason are lazy.

Windyligth posted...
Probably so, seeing as Obama got elected again.

He got reelected because all the Republicans could offer as an opponent was a mega-millionaire who's completely out-of-touch with 99% of the population and whose only alternative to Obama's economic plan was the same trickle-down economics that got us in this mess in the first place. Not to mention his total disdain for more than half the population, women, and every minority. Educate yourself, kid.

I think it is silly to blame republicans when democrats had complete control of congress before the crash. also I feel it is rather silly of you to talk about a man you know so very little abou as though you were the expert on the matter.

I think it is silly to blame the democrats for a problem that was out of their control when they took over. But you seem to be blaming them for it anyway as if you know all the details that happened.

I'm sorry but I'm tired of "blame it on bush" and yes I do believe I'm more knowledgeable on the matter than the party of "throw more money at it" and now apparently they plan on raising taxes on the drivers of the economy. the people who actually went out and took a huge risk and succeeded. you want to be a millionaire? then you go out find a good idea and spend all your lifesavings trying to make it a success. otherwise be happy where you are. don't complain about taxation on the rich either. their investments are also a main driving force in the economy. without them many places would not have the cash flow in order to be able to run.

I'm sorry but I feel that I have to at least say what I believe otherwise the constant braying coming from the other side gets to me

Knowing more is not the same as knowing everything. Also if you do know more, you're also more likely to make false assumptions, like you're doing now. Another thing is, you're still playing the blame game. How do I know you're still playing the blame game? Because all you're doing is criticizing on the mistakes that have been made already and not really offering any solutions yourself on how to fix the problem.

I'll agree with one point though. Sitting around at home as a bum and whining won't make any money. If there's time to whine about being poor, there's time to go and do research on how to make more money. The information is out there, people just need to stop being lazy and look. Otherwise, the only person/people the so-called "99%" has to blame are themselves.

If you don't like criticism from people with opposing views, don't contribute to a political argument/debate/etc. In fact, it's better if you don't even have an opinion on it at all if you don't like the "constant braying from the other side." And to be honest, I doubt the "other side" likes all the braying they hear from you either.
---
#34Do_I_ExistPosted 1/7/2013 11:15:21 PM
To set the record straight, Obama is a millionaire too, and far richer than the average American... Romney wasn't the richest candidate in recent history at all, and furthermore it shouldn't matter. Disqualifying someone because they have too MUCH money is no more fair than disqualifying someone for having too little.

Of course, Obama and Romney have little to do with EV training.

Perhaps a study could be conducted to show whether Obama voters EV trained as much as Romney voters, or whether there was a greater percentage of EV trainers under the Bush administration than there is under the Obama administration. Of course, we could only look at American players, the Japanese players would only skew the results and just be completely superfluous. This is what passes for a PoliSci major joke...

In reality, people don't EV train because they either do not know about it (which is only excusable for people under, let's say, 13), or they are just plain lazy. It IS kind of a pain. Not the most fun part of the game, to be certain.
---
(Ellipsis)
#35RX0megaPosted 1/7/2013 11:18:01 PM
Windyligth posted...
Is it because it's too time consuming? Cause it took me like, an hour to do one poke, max.

Slowpoke, 25 minute master race here.
---
Official Piplup of the Pokemon White 2 and Black 2 boards
#36SinisterBladePosted 1/7/2013 11:18:55 PM
So they can call you a hacker when your flawless Garchomp OHKO's their Metagross with Outrage.

That actually happened to me in a Gen IV battle a few years ago. :P
---
What is a man?!
A miserable little pile of secrets!
#37AdeptMagePosted 1/7/2013 11:22:38 PM
oh my god

conservative elitist pokemon nerds

lmfao XD

I bet you guys wear fedoras and complain about how girls date jerks on your okcupid profiles too
---
MEMBER OF THE WOW LUMPY HILL REMOVAL CAMPAIGN
http://i.imgur.com/GWvTr.jpg http://i.imgur.com/UZtLp.jpg"He's an old man loving gay." -ShadowNinja606
#38Windyligth(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 11:24:30 PM
Swiftblade09 posted...
Windyligth posted...
ZarethKnyght posted...
What's wrong with democracy? Is it too Canadian for you guys?

Canadians have three dominant parties, so if you're from the US, pwned.

Political parties are inherently flawed though. Because they exist many people vote based on the candidate's party.

A good bit of Americans, like myself, are independent, thank you very much.
---
Can I wear a cape to bed, dear?
#39ZarethKnyghtPosted 1/7/2013 11:29:22 PM(edited)
Windyligth posted...
Swiftblade09 posted...
Windyligth posted...
ZarethKnyght posted...
What's wrong with democracy? Is it too Canadian for you guys?

Canadians have three dominant parties, so if you're from the US, pwned.

Political parties are inherently flawed though. Because they exist many people vote based on the candidate's party.

A good bit of Americans, like myself, are independent, thank you very much.

Define independent.

Edit: Asking because your arguments suggest that you're not as independent as you think.
---
#40willingmessPosted 1/7/2013 11:30:14 PM
AdeptMage posted...
oh my god

conservative elitist pokemon nerds

lmfao XD

I bet you guys wear fedoras and complain about how girls date jerks on your okcupid profiles too

oh my gosh

liberal elitest pokemon nerds

oh wait saying liberal elitist is redundant

I bet you complain when your "gf" doesn't pay for dinner on your date

hurts don't it?
---
Warning! the preceding post may cause severe laughter. viewer discretion is advised