This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Seriously, why the hell do people not EV train?

#41Swiftblade09Posted 1/7/2013 11:30:56 PM
Windyligth posted...
Swiftblade09 posted...
Windyligth posted...
ZarethKnyght posted...
What's wrong with democracy? Is it too Canadian for you guys?

Canadians have three dominant parties, so if you're from the US, pwned.

Political parties are inherently flawed though. Because they exist many people vote based on the candidate's party.

A good bit of Americans, like myself, are independent, thank you very much.

Not saying there aren't independents just that the system is flawed. I even gave a reason for why.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Raiz5MAb98Q
#42RoobitysuPosted 1/7/2013 11:32:07 PM
I believe that's a minority, though.

Also, why is it always either "It was all Bush's fault" or "It was Congress's fault"? I figured it was more along the lines of "Bush was a bad president and Democrats are incapable of governing anything ever, so we were boned two ways anyway."
---
I draw nekkid chicks! O:
http://i40.tinypic.com/rucjkh.jpg Roxie <3
#43ValteroPosted 1/7/2013 11:35:52 PM
willingmess posted...

I'm sorry but I'm tired of "blame it on bush" and yes I do believe I'm more knowledgeable on the matter than the party of "throw more money at it" and now apparently they plan on raising taxes on the drivers of the economy. the people who actually went out and took a huge risk and succeeded. you want to be a millionaire? then you go out find a good idea and spend all your lifesavings trying to make it a success. otherwise be happy where you are. don't complain about taxation on the rich either. their investments are also a main driving force in the economy. without them many places would not have the cash flow in order to be able to run.

I'm sorry but I feel that I have to at least say what I believe otherwise the constant braying coming from the other side gets to me

Wow, what an enormous tool you are. The majority of the mega-rich are not "drivers of the economy." The amount they put back into the economy is vastly disproportionate to what they gain when these supposed "economy-stimulating" tax cuts were in effect.
The vast majority of them didn't take any risks to become rich, either. Most of the uber-rich, those who benefited the most from the Bush tax cuts and will now have to pay more, were born that way. Much like Romney, who was born a multi-millionaire and simply spent money to make more money. Which is how it works in this country. It has nothing to do with hard work. If you have tons of money you can make way more with very little work.

And no, their investments are not driving the economy, either. Or did you forget about the whole bank crisis? Deregulation and risky investments crashed the economy. But plenty of people got rich(er) thanks to it.

You must be a millionaire. If not, you're a fool voting against his own economic well-being. The economy booms the most when it favors the REAL drivers of the economy: the 99%.
#44FungusForBrainsPosted 1/7/2013 11:41:34 PM
willingmess posted...
AdeptMage posted...
oh my god

conservative elitist pokemon nerds

lmfao XD

I bet you guys wear fedoras and complain about how girls date jerks on your okcupid profiles too

oh my gosh

liberal elitest pokemon nerds

oh wait saying liberal elitist is redundant

I bet you complain when your "gf" doesn't pay for dinner on your date

hurts don't it?

Seems like somebody had their jimmies rustled pretty good.
#45ZarethKnyghtPosted 1/7/2013 11:45:51 PM(edited)
Valtero posted...
willingmess posted...

I'm sorry but I'm tired of "blame it on bush" and yes I do believe I'm more knowledgeable on the matter than the party of "throw more money at it" and now apparently they plan on raising taxes on the drivers of the economy. the people who actually went out and took a huge risk and succeeded. you want to be a millionaire? then you go out find a good idea and spend all your lifesavings trying to make it a success. otherwise be happy where you are. don't complain about taxation on the rich either. their investments are also a main driving force in the economy. without them many places would not have the cash flow in order to be able to run.

I'm sorry but I feel that I have to at least say what I believe otherwise the constant braying coming from the other side gets to me

Wow, what an enormous tool you are. The majority of the mega-rich are not "drivers of the economy." The amount they put back into the economy is vastly disproportionate to what they gain when these supposed "economy-stimulating" tax cuts were in effect.
The vast majority of them didn't take any risks to become rich, either. Most of the uber-rich, those who benefited the most from the Bush tax cuts and will now have to pay more, were born that way. Much like Romney, who was born a multi-millionaire and simply spent money to make more money. Which is how it works in this country. It has nothing to do with hard work. If you have tons of money you can make way more with very little work.

And no, their investments are not driving the economy, either. Or did you forget about the whole bank crisis? Deregulation and risky investments crashed the economy. But plenty of people got rich(er) thanks to it.

You must be a millionaire. If not, you're a fool voting against his own economic well-being. The economy booms the most when it favors the REAL drivers of the economy: the 99%.

Um...you're living in a Capitalist society. Meaning that your country pretty much needs capital (aka money) to even run. Otherwise stores wouldn't be open and people wouldn't be selling you any food because chances are, you don't have much to offer them that they can't get on their own.

Edit: I'm not a millionaire but because I took the time to do the proper research instead of just whining like 99% of "the 99%," I'm steadily making money with the money I make through hard work. I only started recently but that's mostly because I'm quite a lazy bum.

---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 4256 2465 9359
#46RoobitysuPosted 1/7/2013 11:49:14 PM
Oh, please, keep going. I have 4 hours to burn, still, and this is making it a lot more bearable.
---
I draw nekkid chicks! O:
http://i40.tinypic.com/rucjkh.jpg Roxie <3
#47ZarethKnyghtPosted 1/7/2013 11:54:16 PM
Roobitysu posted...
Oh, please, keep going. I have 4 hours to burn, still, and this is making it a lot more bearable.

Yea, only reason I'm actually taking part in this is out of boredom ;)
Usually I just let people complaining pretty much complain away and ignore said threads :p
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 4256 2465 9359
#48willingmessPosted 1/7/2013 11:55:18 PM
Valtero posted...
willingmess posted...

nope not a millionaire also I must ask where you get your information spoon fed to you? msnbc? cnn? the new york times? I must say that you don't really understand what I was even talking about. the investments I mentioned were the long term or banking investments which allow many people to even get a loan and help drive new bussinesses to grow. most people want to raise the taxes on the benefits gained from these investments. but what does that do? it completely deincentivizes the whole process leaving many banks unable to make loans whatsoever thus cutting growth in the economy. the real problem that led to the stock crashes were the marginal housing investments. many people are to blame for what happened. but do you know what Obama FUNDED their golden parachutes through his blind money toss. indeed and it was not only bankers but the entire housing industry along with the public. many people would go out and borrow money for a vacation based on the money that they could possibly make due to their renovations. it was a big bubble just waiting to pop. and do you know what else? obama has decided that people need an easier time getting a lone than that. the best way to fix this isn't to favor the rich though unlike the claims of the left instead the best way to fix the economy is to favor the small business owners that really drive the economy. currently all Ive seen from our government will hurt them. we need to decrease the red tape that surrounds owning a bussiness. we need to lower the costs of owning one. then and only then will the economy pick up and start chugging along again
---
Warning! the preceding post may cause severe laughter. viewer discretion is advised
#49SoulBlayZPosted 1/7/2013 11:56:49 PM
because i have a life outside of games, especially one aimed at a younger audience....ever think of that?

plus i actually wanna enjoy playing without the EV bull, that complicates a fun game...

to insult those who don't do it, is just childish. those who do insult them, need lives or get laid. either's fine =^_^=
---
the sad west- if youre not a realistic gun user, youre unwanted in our games=reason US games lack variety. >_>
PSN OverLord_BlayZen, 3DS message me
#50Spark_FlashPosted 1/8/2013 12:01:47 AM
Valtero posted...
People that don't EV train because they don't know about it are fine. People that DO know it exists and don't do it for some reason are lazy.

Windyligth posted...
Probably so, seeing as Obama got elected again.

He got reelected because all the Republicans could offer as an opponent was a mega-millionaire who's completely out-of-touch with 99% of the population and whose only alternative to Obama's economic plan was the same trickle-down economics that got us in this mess in the first place. Not to mention his total disdain for more than half the population, women, and every minority. Educate yourself, kid.

Obama lost the popular vote, your logic is invalid.
---
"And it's portable. Come on? The best Kirby game, remade to be portable ALONG with extras? That's like sliced bread with 10 dollars inside." - Noke0