This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Chespin Fennekin or Froakie?

#51ChackNorris7Posted 1/8/2013 10:34:13 AM
>Look at poll
>Fennekin is winning
This pleases me. Fennekin is the best out of the 3 and you know it.
---
Official Vaporeon of the Eevee Corps
Black 2 FC: 0175-9215-2857
#52Mind-GamezPosted 1/8/2013 10:36:07 AM
Fennekin = feminine Pokemon = not playing

I'll find another fire type. If Torkoal gets a evo, I'll crit my pants.
#53Elec Man EXEPosted 1/8/2013 10:48:06 AM
Tossup between Froakie and Fennekin. They're both pretty nice looking. I think I like Froakie just a tad more, so thats what I voted for in the poll.

Chespin doesn't appeal to me whatsoever. Its pretty boring looking (IMO of course) and I can't really even tell what its supposed to be. Some sort of chipmunk? Its the first grass starter I actually dislike. I don't really get the name either.

Froakie I assume is foam + croak (with an "ie" added for cuteness). Fennekin is a different spelling of fennec + kindle. Chespin is... chestnut maybe, and... what else?

I really, really hope Froakie keeps his froglike body structure when he evolves, and doesn't become humanoid like Politoed. I hate when starters start out with one body type and then become bipedal humanoids when they evolve, especially when it just makes them more similar to another existing pokemon (like I absolutely hated when Sandile turned from a normal quadrupedal crocodile into another bidedal like Feralagatr already is). Same goes for Fennekin, hopefully it stays quadrupedal, though considering Ninetails I suppose it wouldn't be horrible if it did go bipedal just for variety.
---
~ Master of Electricity ~
Electro: 0518-6613-7620 - Pokemon White
#54Moogle_trainerPosted 1/8/2013 10:52:58 AM
Elec Man EXE posted...
Tossup between Froakie and Fennekin. They're both pretty nice looking. I think I like Froakie just a tad more, so thats what I voted for in the poll.

Chespin doesn't appeal to me whatsoever. Its pretty boring looking (IMO of course) and I can't really even tell what its supposed to be. Some sort of chipmunk? Its the first grass starter I actually dislike. I don't really get the name either.

Froakie I assume is foam + croak (with an "ie" added for cuteness). Fennekin is a different spelling of fennec + kindle. Chespin is... chestnut maybe, and... what else?

I really, really hope Froakie keeps his froglike body structure when he evolves, and doesn't become humanoid like Politoed. I hate when starters start out with one body type and then become bipedal humanoids when they evolve, especially when it just makes them more similar to another existing pokemon (like I absolutely hated when Sandile turned from a normal quadrupedal crocodile into another bidedal like Feralagatr already is). Same goes for Fennekin, hopefully it stays quadrupedal, though considering Ninetails I suppose it wouldn't be horrible if it did go bipedal just for variety.

I agree, but normally only one starter is Quad by final stage. Venasaur, meganium, none in third, torterral and technically Samurott in 5th gen. So if anyone stays four it would probably be fox, unless the grass starter switches on us
#55BishtrainerTai16Posted 1/8/2013 10:58:44 AM
Their names honestly suck. But the froggy pokemon is cute. I hope their evolutions are more impressive; I havnt liked a starter evolution since Infernape.
---
|B|I|L|L|Y|C|O|E|N|...my anti-drug.
#56BubbleGumCrisisPosted 1/8/2013 11:03:43 AM
This is the first time since Gen 1 where I like the look of all the starters.

Their names honestly suck.

Yeah, it's like they're not even trying anymore.
---
Dane Cook, Larry the Cable Guy, and Carlos Mencia are the unholy trinity of mediocre comedians making America severely not funny. - Some guy.
#57LexifoxPosted 1/8/2013 11:04:47 AM
Elec Man EXE posted...

I think Froakie is meant to have "rookie" in the end. Chespin is Chestnut and pin/pine. As in porcupine.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#58Nidhogg151Posted 1/8/2013 11:09:15 AM
None of them look bad at all, but as we have seen from other gens (Tepig is a perfect example), just because the first form may look cool, doesn't mean the next/final forms won't look stupid as hell. Right now I'm leaning more towards Froakie because I like frogs, but he appears to look "old", which kinda meshes with the "small cute animal" thing weird. But it could turn out well for his final forms.

Chespin actually looks like it has a lot of potential though. Fennekin looks fine, but all it took was one look at it to know it'll be the one like 50%+ of people will use.
---
You can never be too rich, too good-looking, or too well armed.
Pokemon White 2: 4986 2948 4576
#59Rose_MagePosted 1/8/2013 11:22:02 AM
The Tezuka Frog.
---
R ~ Team Rocket Executive, Sol Enchantress, Official Beth of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board, Official DEOXYS fan of the Pokemon board
http://fav.me/d5g7w6l
#60TropicalwoodPosted 1/8/2013 11:26:13 AM
Chespin looks like Oshawott...
---
Real men watch My Little Pony
Pokemon Black FC: 2107-8038-5393 Black 2 FC 1378-5072-6126