This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Chespin Fennekin or Froakie?

#91adamoldenPosted 1/9/2013 9:29:49 AM
edwardsharpe posted...
Right now it's gotta be Froakie, close second would be Fennekin.
Gotta wait for their evolutions before I can really be sure.

Also they botched Froakie's name, should have made it Froakin and keep it consistent :/

Yea, because Froakin doesn't sound too closely to Fockin or could be read as Frokin and be said in a hurry and parents would hear it and think "hey my kid just swore." Which quickly will escalate out of control in the media and suddenly Pokemon is teaching kids to swear or some bull crap.

Easy solution..its Froakie instead of Froakin. Would've liked Frogkin just fine though
#92AmesangPosted 1/9/2013 10:09:41 AM
Am I the only who thinks that Chespin looks like a rejected "Happy Tree Friends" character?
---
"Help! Help! They've destroyed my cousin's brain!! Oh, my god! They've already milked you, haven't they?!!" -- Phoncible P. Bone
#93kusumotoPosted 1/9/2013 10:27:41 AM
MK Sonic posted...
Am I the only who thinks that Chespin looks like a rejected "Happy Tree Friends" character?

I can see that.

I pick Chespin.
---
cellar door
#94BlackScythe0Posted 1/9/2013 11:55:05 AM
Bump for english!
#95cycnetPosted 1/9/2013 11:57:04 AM
KwonJigglypuff posted...
Well in French I understand the puns, but in English, it sounds weird.. "Froakie" (= frog + ?), "Fennekin" (= fennec + ?), and "Chespin" (= chesnut + ?)

Weird...

Didn't read the whole thread so probably someone said this already, but a Fennec is a type of fox with big ears that lives in the desert
---
W2 code: JJ 0132 9615 4174
#96cycnetPosted 1/9/2013 12:03:44 PM
Also I think Fennecs are the cutest things ever but I also love frogs. So probably will buy both x and y and move froakie over to join fenneckin.

Chespin looks too much like a patrat for my taste.
---
W2 code: JJ 0132 9615 4174
#97PkmTrainerAbramPosted 1/9/2013 1:14:03 PM
cycnet posted...
Also I think Fennecs are the cutest things ever but I also love frogs. So probably will buy both x and y and move froakie over to join fenneckin.

Chespin looks too much like a patrat for my taste.

No it doesn't. Chespin looks somewhat normal, Patrat has an eye infection.O_o

Chespin/Hariromon for me. It's the best looking grass starter since Bulbasaur, imo.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon XD(Gamecube), Pokemon Platinum/Heartgold(JPN), Street Fighter 3(Xbox360)
#98CakeOfLiesPosted 1/9/2013 1:16:24 PM
KwonJigglypuff posted...
Well in French I understand the puns, but in English, it sounds weird.. "Froakie" (= frog + ?), "Fennekin" (= fennec + ?), and "Chespin" (= chesnut + ?)

Weird...

Froakie is "frog" and "croak."
After the noise that frogs make.

And I don't know what the others are...
---
"You think our rage a weakness? Then let me show you... how wrong you are!" - Edge, Final Fantasy IV
#99FafnirIIPosted 1/9/2013 1:21:40 PM
Fennekin!
#100SpeedDaemonPosted 1/9/2013 1:48:01 PM
I always choose the grass-type starter first out of tradition, so Chespin. He's my favorite anyway though so it kind of works. His personality that I extrapolate from the image reminds me of Treeko who I really enjoyed.
---
Terry McAuliffe for Governor '14