This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hopefully they dont let us trade from older games into X/Y.

#111ZarethKnyghtPosted 1/10/2013 7:45:50 PM(edited)
Arn544 posted...
Hozu posted...
Again, more hardware = more time spent researching it, then putting it into production, then figuring out how to transfer the data (how it gets changed). All for what exactly again?

They had multiple link cables, a cable is not that hard to make. All they would have needed was a link cable that had a usb plug at one end. Would have been laughably easy to make.

That pack for the N64 controller that connected your game to the controller was 10x more complicated to make than that would have been.

The point is they could have easily done it and it would not have cost them anything, might have even profited from it. The bottom line was that they didn't want to do it.

They would've made profit from the sales of an N64, Gamecubes (more recent at time of R/S/E) and the Pokemon Stadium games.

Edit: Just because you wouldn't have bought a system for it doesn't mean there aren't people who would've. Also doesn't mean that there aren't people who had said game and system anyway. Like I said...stop thinking inside your box. The world is a bigger place than you think.

---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 4256 2465 9359
#112HozuPosted 1/10/2013 7:47:42 PM
Except they wouldn't have because they made GC titles that didn't sell well. They haven't made similar titles since, and their poor attempt at a Stadium-like game has led to no new console title ever since D/P.

And then people would complain that there is a huge money barrier to transfer all their old mons. As in only rich kids get to fully enjoy the new game through their previous titles.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qCo47.png
#113ZarethKnyghtPosted 1/10/2013 7:50:58 PM
Hozu posted...
Except they wouldn't have because they made GC titles that didn't sell well. They haven't made similar titles since, and their poor attempt at a Stadium-like game has led to no new console title ever since D/P.

And then people would complain that there is a huge money barrier to transfer all their old mons. As in only rich kids get to fully enjoy the new game through their previous titles.

Wow! Are you really that dense? People will ALWAYS find something to complain about. But the point is, that Nintendo HAD the technology to allow transfer from GBC to GBA. They didn't do it by choice because they preferred to revamp the system. Which leads me to my original point. If they want to revamp the system again, they'll make an excuse to cut the transfering of Pokemon from current gen to X/Y.

The only thing I'm claiming is the possibility and that I hope they do it. Anything else is up in the air and no one really knows for sure.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 4256 2465 9359
#114shredurguitarPosted 1/10/2013 8:12:44 PM
black_turkey posted...
Yarnball289 posted...
I want to start fresh, No old pokes, just all new ones. (Trading maybe)

I want the old pokes, but I want to start fresh. If they start fresh, there will be no hacked pokes (the 3DS hasn't been hacked yet, and probably won't be for a while)

Well actually they already have r4 cards for the ds and cheats with them so technically it has sadly :(
---
PSN: Toxicity9_6
Youtube: shredurguitar