This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hopefully they dont let us trade from older games into X/Y.

#51MooFaceBrainsPosted 1/8/2013 4:43:09 PM
Gastroid posted...
The 3DS and DS are compatible, so it would be a dick move. It's not like the Color and Advance that were incompatible on a hardware level.

Wait... It's been like 10 years but i would've sworn there was a cable that let you trade from gbc to advance? Maybe I'm wrong but I thought for sure I had my mewtwo on sapphire.

Nope impossible.
---
Moo!
#52shiningpikablu252Posted 1/8/2013 6:18:27 PM
bdavis93 posted...
It's not impossible for them to maintain importing and wipe IV's from the game.

Ugh, not this horrible "get rid of IVs" idea again! While you are indeed right on a programming standpoint, IVs are basically the one DV that emphasizes the fact that each individual Pokémon is unique! Take IVs away, and you've basically got only stat experience and nature affecting stats--way too cookie-cutter for Prof. Oak's tastes. Also, take IVs away, this is what you end up with:

-Blissey's new maximum HP cap, with maximum stat experience investment, is 683.
-Attack form Deoxys's new caps in both Attack and Sp.Atk, as well as Speed form Deoxys's new cap in Speed, with beneficial nature and maximum stat experience investment, is 470.
-Shuckle's new caps in both Defense and Sp.Def, with beneficial nature and with maximum stat experience investment, is 580.
-Hidden Power, barring a complete change in the move's mechanics, is now simply a 30-power Fighting-type special attack. That's 10 less than Vacuum Wave, and Vacuum Wave has priority.
-Several strategies involving base 100 HP involve the "101 HP Substitute" when defending against Seismic Toss or Night Shade. Base 100 HP combined with the best IVs and stat experience investment make such a strategy possible with a fair variety of Pokémon. Take away IVs and the lowest base HP that would be able to create a 101 HP Substitute is now 116 (Musharna's base HP). That would result in only Musharna and 20 others with the necessary HP to create a 101 HP Substitute (Kyurem could do it in all three forms, Giratina in both of its forms), and Musharna and only 19 others actually able to do so (Wobbuffet can't learn TM moves, and thus can't learn Substitute).

Taking away IVs would basically make Pokémon into a cookie-cutter RPG with tons of ways to create basically identical Pokémon, and ones weaker than in past generations. It'd be like Final Fantasy X without Key Spheres and the sphere group of Return, Friend, Teleport, and Warp; Super Mario RPG without the ability for an additional stat boost of choice at level-up; or Mario Kart 7 with karts as they worked in the first three installments...
---
I am a die hard Pokemon fan to the most, including the traditional hate of Yu-Gi-Oh.
#53ClassyOldHatPosted 1/8/2013 6:45:00 PM
shiningpikablu252 posted...
Snip

Because they can't simply make it so that, when IVs are removed, all Pokemon effectively have MAX IVs. </Sarcasm> You know what, even if they did make so all Pokemon effectively have 0 IVs, I still wouldn't mind. The only strategy truly hurt by this would be the 101 HP substitute, and really, GameFreak nerfed so many strategies in the past (Explosion, Surf damaging allied Pokemon in doubles, the special/physical split, though it helped many Pokemon, killed just as many's chances of ever living up to their intended purpose), what's one more?

Also, I cannot help but laugh at the whole "Without IVs Hidden Power will be useless!" notion, when dozens of IV-less spin-offs have Hidden Power, working perfectly.

Who appreciates the "diversity" provided by IVs? Competitive players just view them as obstacles, casual players, if they pay attention to the stat differences at all, would likely be satisfied by the stat differences provided by natures and EVs.
#54HozuPosted 1/8/2013 6:55:03 PM(edited)
Pretztailfan95 posted...
black_turkey posted...
Yarnball289 posted...
I want to start fresh, No old pokes, just all new ones. (Trading maybe)

I want the old pokes, but I want to start fresh. If they start fresh, there will be no hacked pokes (the 3DS hasn't been hacked yet, and probably won't be for a while)

So how has the Wii-U already been hacked, but the 3DS hasn't?

Wii U can only run unsigned code in Wii mode

Arn544 posted...
Gastroid posted...
The 3DS and DS are compatible, so it would be a dick move. It's not like the Color and Advance that were incompatible on a hardware level.

Wait... It's been like 10 years but i would've sworn there was a cable that let you trade from gbc to advance? Maybe I'm wrong but I thought for sure I had my mewtwo on sapphire.

Link cable uses different voltages in GB mode compared to GBA mode. Thus incompatible outside of a hardware (read: expensive) solution.

Source: http://nocash.emubase.de/gbatek.htm#sionormalmode
---
http://i.imgur.com/qCo47.png
#55wutzgoodPosted 1/9/2013 5:41:05 AM
Terrible idea. This would hurt legit players more than hackers. Now that a Pokemon game is gonna be released on the 3ds it's only a matter of time before the 3ds is hack able. Pokemon hackers always get around anything. There just hasn't been any motivation to hack the 3ds yet.
---
I'm calling you an elitist, but I'm just gonna go ahead and leave a snooty remark as I go. I am wutz good
SS FC: 4598 9525 2106 Black 0991 3491 6739
#56abbyhitterPosted 1/9/2013 5:49:44 AM
Terrible idea to cut ties with past games. I have too many fully EV trained level 100 Pokémon that would go to waste.

What would be really awesome is if they allowed for mass trading like being able to select a whole PC box from 5th gen games for transferring to X and Y Versions. That would make the transfer process so much easier.
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!
#57wutzgoodPosted 1/9/2013 5:53:31 AM
TC must not have a collection and wants everyone else to lose theirs. This idea will only hurt players who have spent countless hours breeding and collecting their pokes and events legitly.

Personally if they did this I wouldn't get the new games and I know a lot of others who would do the same.
---
I'm calling you an elitist, but I'm just gonna go ahead and leave a snooty remark as I go. I am wutz good
SS FC: 4598 9525 2106 Black 0991 3491 6739
#58raazychxPosted 1/9/2013 5:58:50 AM
Cut the ties with past generations, get rid of the base stats system. Some pokemon are so ****ing weak it's hard to justify their existence in any way for most battles. Hoppip, for example.

I'm tired of the online competitive scene, too. Need something new and fresh.
#59Tequila_ShotPosted 1/9/2013 6:33:25 AM
I have a collection of 180 Pokemon at 100, and at least 600 more that I want to keep. The idea of barring the migration is out of the question. Sorry, but no. I will not let it happen.
---
If you're a gamer, it is your responsibility to share this with everyone you know:
http://youtu.be/jHmDjNCZR3k
#60kael66Posted 1/9/2013 6:42:34 AM
i caught all pokemon in pokemon diamond and only the new ones in Black so i have all pokemon and with the release on pokemon X and Y, i hope there there won't be a way to trade pokemon so i can start all over again