This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hopefully they dont let us trade from older games into X/Y.

#61Ari917Posted 1/9/2013 8:18:16 AM
Absolutely not, there's no good reason to screw over players that have been in the series for so long.
#62Arn544Posted 1/9/2013 8:43:16 AM
It wouldn't be screwing over players it would be making the series better.

Heck I wish they'd brick hacker's games in addition to not letting gen V carry over.
#63Skyward_SneaselPosted 1/9/2013 9:45:39 AM
kael66 posted...
i caught all pokemon in pokemon diamond and only the new ones in Black so i have all pokemon and with the release on pokemon X and Y, i hope there there won't be a way to trade pokemon so i can start all over again

Even if they include migration, it doesn't mean you HAVE TO migrate, you can start again and not migrate if you want. Migration is not and never will be mandatory, and they can find a way to stop hackers. As many others have said, don't punish the majority for what the minority have done, just because you don't want to migrate Pokemon, doesn't mean it should be removed; just don't migrate and let those who want to keep their hard work, keep it!

I personally have just started working on fully completing my B/W2 pokedex, and still have a long way to go. However, I would like the opportunity to have every Pokemon in my gen 6 game be mine and not traded from someone else. Without migration, this will not be possible, and any Pokemon I have/am going to train will not be usable anymore.

Those saying that they will still be usable on your gen 5 game, how would that be useful when the competitive community moves to gen 6? All in all, migration should be in the games. Don't like it? DON'T USE IT!
---
Ash Ketchum is a Timelord; he never ages! That or a vampire...
Official Umbreon of the Eevee Corps *Evil Laugh*
#64Ari917Posted 1/9/2013 9:56:52 AM(edited)
Arn544 posted...

Heck I wish they'd brick hacker's games in addition to not letting gen V carry over.

Better how? By screwing over those who trained up their favorites? By screwing over those who have had their Pokemon with them and want to keep them? By restricting the Pokemon roster a la RSE and forcing a way to reobtain them? By making Pokemon X and Y the new Ruby and Sapphire and leaving a bitter taste in the fan's mouthes?

There is nothing better about this, all this would do is screw over every fan in the series for one small percentage of it. That's not handling the problem, it's just being overreactionary.
#65Arn544Posted 1/9/2013 10:11:27 AM
Ari917 posted...
Arn544 posted...

Better how? By screwing over those who trained up their favorites? By screwing over those who have had their Pokemon with them and want to keep them? By restricting the Pokemon roster a la RSE and forcing a way to reobtain them? By making Pokemon X and Y the new Ruby and Sapphire and leaving a bitter taste in the fan's mouthes?

There is nothing better about this, all this would do is screw over every fan in the series for one small percentage of it. That's not handling the problem, it's just being overreactionary.

Hacking affects almost everybody, not carrying over just seems like it'd be a bigger problem than it is. It's not gonna kill people to have to start over, the work you did in other games should stay in those games.

Wanting to have everything constantly carry over prevents the series from evolving, what if they want to improve the stat system? What if they wanted to give us 2/3 shinies per pokemon instead of 1?

It's not like anybody's work is erased if they want to go back and play Gen V
#66HozuPosted 1/9/2013 10:15:36 AM(edited)
Unless they block the GTS exploit to send false data to a game cart then I expect hacked 6th gen Pokémon within a week of the game release. Though unless you're willing to pay for the future version of Pokegen that will be able to create 6th gen .pkms, or someone makes an editor for that, it won't be widespread right away.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qCo47.png
#67shadowreaper7Posted 1/9/2013 10:25:38 AM
I can't see the point in why they would block transfer, its not as though there would be any hardware limitations like that which was scene between generations 2 and 3.

How does not letting people transfer over pokemon stop the hackers?
Depending on the hack, it will occasionally stop them from being transferred anyways due to buggy data. Hence why they get thrown up infront of you if you have ever tried trading one.

Let me tell you what your big plan is.
Let's stop the hackers, by stopping everyone from transferring pokemon.
Stopping hackers =/= stopping everyone

If i gave you a 1,000,000 pounds in a bank account that i had earned fair and square by playing the stock market as an example for several million years.
And you kept that in your bank account.

A second person, has used fraud and obtained 1,500,000 pounds in his bank account. (And lets for the sake of argument treat this with non-existance legislation and policing)

You both move to a new country.
They use a new set of currency. You think you can transfer you're million pounds over, just like the over guy thinks he can transfer his 1.5 million pounds between accounts.
You find out you can't transfer between accounts.

Who is worse off?
Statistically the guy who used fraud, but if you think about it, its you. How much time and effort did you put in compared to the guy using fraud?
How much time will it take for you to get back to having that amount?

So yeah, even though the system hasn't been broken in (and i'm doubting they won't have broken it within the 3 months the game is released) and so temporarily stops hackers. How many pokemon could you legitimately (using ingame methods only in this new game with no exploits) EV/IV train and level to 100 in this period on the amount of time you could spend with a game?
I'm betting i could probably do about 20 at optimum efficiency, but i doubt that as i have time, but not much.

After the 3 month period, you have ~20 EV/IV trained pokemon.
1 week later, the 3DS and respective pokemon game is cracked.
The hackers now have free reign again and will be able to quickly overtake your drastically small amount of pokemon in half the time.

What your strategy does is postpone the hackers. It doesn't stop them it postpones them. And whats more, more people will turn to hacking because they've been cheated out of their hard work.

I'm telling you now, if they don't let me transfer, i'm going to start hacking.
---
Black FC: 2666-8397-4718
Author of the Starfox Story on the Starfox Assault board. Check it out! Don't Fear the Reaper
#68angelusalvusPosted 1/9/2013 10:26:03 AM
after a spend a huge amount of time breeding, leveling, EVing pokemon if Game Freaks decide to not let us carry them over is the equivalent of punching us in the face.
If Game freaks really want to stop hacking, why don't they program the game or the console to be hack proof? They always do half ass job and people can easily hack the games.
If my memory is correct the game that gave hackers the most trouble to hack was SS/HG.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC: 0734 3386 4631
#69Ari917Posted 1/9/2013 10:32:08 AM(edited)
Arn544 posted...
Ari917 posted...
Arn544 posted...

Hacking affects almost everybody, not carrying over just seems like it'd be a bigger problem than it is. It's not gonna kill people to have to start over, the work you did in other games should stay in those games.

Wanting to have everything constantly carry over prevents the series from evolving, what if they want to improve the stat system? What if they wanted to give us 2/3 shinies per pokemon instead of 1?

It's not like anybody's work is erased if they want to go back and play Gen V

So... I should start over training my say... 70 or more favorites including in EVs, IVs natures and the like just because of a spare few? Good logic there, haven't heard such brilliance since the numerous parent groups that hound the television networks.

It's not like they can't change the pokemon in transition, the pokemon adapted to the special split in Gen 2 and the Physical/special split of Gen 4. Yes there are limits but so far Pokemon is in a good place and the mechanics are not at a point where they need that type of refining.

And play with who? You seem to be forgetting that people move on, the ones that won't move to the 3DS will likely give up Pokemon after a while and the ones that do probably will be spending their time with the new gen(s). So all of those Pokemon would basically be sitting there to rot.
#70PkmTrainerAbramPosted 1/9/2013 10:43:44 AM
I too hope they don't let us trade over to XY

Screw trading, I want to FINALLY be able to mass transfer by the box. It's ridiculous to have 650 Pokemon and have to do it one at a time, wearing out the Flash save needlessly.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon XD(Gamecube), Pokemon Platinum/Heartgold(JPN), Street Fighter 3(Xbox360)