This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hopefully they dont let us trade from older games into X/Y.

#81Monster SlasherPosted 1/9/2013 6:07:35 PM
Des Troy 321 posted...
basically it boils down to "let's take everyone down as long as hackers can be taken down" right?

Which is a completely ridiculous stance. Short of introducing draconian DRM like forcing you to be connected to GameFreak's servers every time you play, hackers are going to find a way to hack. Blocking transfer between gens isn't going to do anything but inconvenience and frustrate longtime players who don't hack.
---
I haven't used this account in a while and lost gfaqs9 ;_;
#82360pagesPosted 1/9/2013 6:18:49 PM
Not only that, BW2 just came out, if they made those games completely pointless so soon, there's going to be backlash.
---
Black Friend code 5457 8868 8614
Brawl friend code 1205-6397-3466
#83Hinoken86Posted 1/10/2013 1:20:56 AM
I don't see what all the hubbub is about. Not allowing transfer of past pokes is shooting themselves in the foot. It's a hallmark of the series so far. You're not obligated to carry over if you don't want to.

On the tech front, PokeTransfer is already a thing in the gen 5 and gen 4 games. All that would be needed is a niffty little 3DS application to access it from the currently inserted cartidge, boom no 2nd DS required either. From the application any needed changes to the pokemons data(updated statistics modifiers, unsupported moves, ect) can be updated within this app then transfered to the X/Y game of choice just like the dream radar is already capable of doing to DS games. Nintendo could even charge .99 for it and make a few bucks while their at it.

If gamefreak doesn't make it i know there will be teams of hackers chomping at the bit to make their own. Data conversion isn't hard on a technical level if you know the nature of the data sets your working with.

All the tools exist, it's just a matter of puting them to work. I wouldn't worry too much.
---
Former Username: gamrguy
PSN/Steam: Hinoken86
#84rattlexPosted 1/10/2013 1:37:43 AM
im totally agree with this !!!!! start fresh !!! all region with free pokehacks :)
---
CoWaBunGa, DuDe ^^ ~~~
#85RX02BansheePosted 1/10/2013 1:45:47 AM
I don't see why people are being so paranoid honestly. True, I'm a little concerned myself as I have over 1000 hours all up worth of Pokemon I have IV bred and EV Trained, and I would start hacking if that was prevented from being migrated to gen VI, but think for a second. Every gen GameFreak has allowed transferring of some kind, with the exception of gen 2 to gen 3 because of the GBC and GBA being incompatible (and also probably because they changed pretty much everything with how Pokemon were generated).

Every system that has been compatible with the prior, we have had transfers. The 3DS is compatible with DS games and the 3DS. There is going to be a way to do this, for all we know it might be something like downloading a mini game that activates with the gen IV and V games and can send data to Gen VI. Or it could straight up be the two communicating with different systems, akin to the gen IV to Gen V transfer method.

And, if for some reason they do cut off the games, odds are they will take the opportunity to vastly revise how Pokemon are generated, for the better. Every gen since III they have been making it easier for people to IV breed for example, so odds are they will make some drastic changes.
---
Official Piplup of the Pokemon X board.
#86ZarethKnyghtPosted 1/10/2013 2:20:01 AM
For all the people claiming that there's no chance they'll cut off trading from current existing into X/Y, please stop deluding yourselves. They did it before. They claimed it was due to limitations of hardware but that's not true. That was the excuse they gave to revamp some of the basics of the game. Meaning it didn't need to happen but it did. So if Nintendo and Gamefreak feel a need to revamp the some of the core system again, they can easily use the same excuse to do it again.

Just remember that it's happened before means that it can happen again. It might even be a different excuse this time.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 4256 2465 9359
#87Hinoken86Posted 1/10/2013 2:44:09 AM
Welcome to ConspiracyFAQs.
---
Former Username: gamrguy
PSN/Steam: Hinoken86
#88Paradox421Posted 1/10/2013 3:14:29 AM
black_turkey posted...
If they start fresh, there will be no hacked pokes (the 3DS hasn't been hacked yet, and probably won't be for a while)

actually, the 3DS is extremely close to being fully hacked. So much that hackers have already figured out how to remove the region lock from individual consoles.
---
"Do you remember the episode where Ash caught a Pumbloom?"
"Dude!--" "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
#89RX02BansheePosted 1/10/2013 3:24:40 AM
ZarethKnyght posted...
For all the people claiming that there's no chance they'll cut off trading from current existing into X/Y, please stop deluding yourselves. They did it before. They claimed it was due to limitations of hardware but that's not true.

Wait, so GBA games actually could communicate with GBC games? Wow, never knew that.
---
Official Piplup of the Pokemon X board.
#90HozuPosted 1/10/2013 7:59:12 AM(edited)
ZarethKnyght posted...
For all the people claiming that there's no chance they'll cut off trading from current existing into X/Y, please stop deluding yourselves. They did it before. They claimed it was due to limitations of hardware but that's not true. That was the excuse they gave to revamp some of the basics of the game. Meaning it didn't need to happen but it did. So if Nintendo and Gamefreak feel a need to revamp the some of the core system again, they can easily use the same excuse to do it again.

Just remember that it's happened before means that it can happen again. It might even be a different excuse this time.

False.

Transfer lengths of 8bit or 32bit may be used, the 8bit mode is the same as for older DMG/CGB gameboys, however, the voltages for "GBA cartridges in GBAs" are different as for "DMG/CGB cartridges in DMG/CGB/GBAs", ie. it is not possible to communicate between DMG/CGB games and GBA games.

Source: http://nocash.emubase.de/gbatek.htm#sionormalmode

If you have a Voltmeter and a GBA and GB(C) games and multiple GBAs, the two different link cables, and you're willing to cut them up to test this be my guest.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qCo47.png