This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hopefully they dont let us trade from older games into X/Y.

#91Arn544Posted 1/10/2013 9:46:55 AM
I just think it should start over every console Gen, give us all a fresh start.

And couldn't the advance play GBC games? wouldn't think the voltage of the games but the voltage of the systems mattered. You could have used two GBAs if they had made it so you could trade between GSC and RS.
#92SniperNightOwlPosted 1/10/2013 10:43:17 AM(edited)
I'll quit the series if I can't transfer and will not buy a 3DS. I've been taking care of some since r/s/e.
---
Stating your opinion =/= Trolling. Deal with it. Get over it. And stop whining.
#93pokemonfreak97Posted 1/10/2013 12:47:57 PM
Arn544 posted...
Heck I wish they'd brick hacker's games in addition to not letting gen V carry over.

As an amateur programmer myself, I can say that, since the "hacked" stuff is either from an Action Replay (which they've already done everything they can to stop) or from a fake GTS. Since they've already done everything they can against ARs, let's focus on the GTSs.

How does a game cartridge know if the GTS is the right server? All it knows is that this is a server which is saying it is the GTS! It can't tell the difference between the GTS and Fake GTS #31415.
---
Gen VI in 2013? I'll believe that when Iris becomes Champion!
#94HozuPosted 1/10/2013 6:45:21 PM
Arn544 posted...
I just think it should start over every console Gen, give us all a fresh start.

And couldn't the advance play GBC games? wouldn't think the voltage of the games but the voltage of the systems mattered. You could have used two GBAs if they had made it so you could trade between GSC and RS.

It's the voltage being sent through the link cable itself. They're different between the modes.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qCo47.png
#95ZarethKnyghtPosted 1/10/2013 6:57:00 PM(edited)
Hozu posted...
ZarethKnyght posted...
For all the people claiming that there's no chance they'll cut off trading from current existing into X/Y, please stop deluding yourselves. They did it before. They claimed it was due to limitations of hardware but that's not true. That was the excuse they gave to revamp some of the basics of the game. Meaning it didn't need to happen but it did. So if Nintendo and Gamefreak feel a need to revamp the some of the core system again, they can easily use the same excuse to do it again.

Just remember that it's happened before means that it can happen again. It might even be a different excuse this time.

False.

Keep on thinking inside the box. I don't care anymore either way since it's too late as I've long lost my Red/Blue/Gold/Silver games anyway. Especially the silver that had 251 Pokemon on it.

Also since you quoted the whole post as false, I would like you to point out how they might not use an excuse of some kind to cut off transfers from current games to X/Y.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 4256 2465 9359
#96Arn544Posted 1/10/2013 7:01:21 PM
If they had tried hard enough surely they could have come up with something, so many pieces of hardware they could have come up with. Last resort they could have released a plug that went into your computer and had software where you could transfer them.

Think they could very easily have a link cable / usb thing going on.

Anyway I think people are being infants over this, wanting to quit the series because a pokemon they used 10 years ago can't transfer, come on.

Look how many MMOs used to be hardcore and take a year to get to end game and now people do it in a week, those people lost 100x more than anybody would lose on a pokemon game...
#97HozuPosted 1/10/2013 7:10:31 PM(edited)
Only solution is a hardware (read: expensive) solution. So either
1) hardware solution, package with game, increase game price
2) hardware solution, separate
3) revamp the archaic data structure to make the Pokémon more individualistic and better overall, fully separating Special and making gender and shinyness determined by something other than DVs.

Pretty obvious which one is the best. Quite frankly breaking compatibility between 2nd and 3rd gen was for the better as EVs and natures make their vision of individualist Pokémon much better than the stat EXP system where basically every mon gets 255 EVs in all stats. This assumes that a solution is even possible, which is probably unlikely for just a GBA attachment.

inb4 remove all EVs - guess what can't re-EV all them level 100s. Also how to determine all the new stuff? You can't pull anything from old stuff.

Also your post is wrong because it would be stupid for them to break compatibility again.
---
#98ZarethKnyghtPosted 1/10/2013 7:10:26 PM
Arn544 is thinking a little outside the box. Hazu, you're still thinking inside the box sadly. But that's fine. Most people can't think outside the box even if they wanted to. So keep believing in the impossibility of it. If it doesn't happen, no big deal. If it does, I'll laugh at all the people that are thinking it'll never happen.

I'll agree on one thing though...it'll be a stupid move on their part.
---
#99HozuPosted 1/10/2013 7:12:47 PM(edited)
Yes, let them make a device that can hook up a game cart to a computer. Make it so much easier for people to alter saves or dump ROMs. Excellent solution.
---
#100ZarethKnyghtPosted 1/10/2013 7:14:22 PM
Wow...you make it sound as if all that hasn't been happening anyway >.>
If people can make a working rom of a game, they can transfer the information from one game to another.
---