This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Zekrom/Reshiram are only 9/10 feet tall?

#21Sab_LiathPosted 1/9/2013 7:50:59 AM
Safer_777 posted...
Well when you are talking abou something Legendary you expect it to be pretty big.But in the games we have legendaries that are like a medium-sized dog!That isn't right!

Something doesn't have to be enormous to be very powerful.

Take Mewtwo for example. Listed height? 6 feet, 7 inches. in ther words, human sized. In power level, this same Pokemon is quite high, likely rating as one of the stronger Psychic types.
---
Sab_Liath defeats Topic! Gains 89 EXP! Learns Magma Drill!
#22abcDSBTPosted 1/9/2013 9:12:51 AM
Yep, Pokemon are a bit on the short side.

In fact, you are probably taller than Charizard.

Still, its not the size of the Lilipup in the fight, its the size of the fight in the Lilipup!
---
Oddworld, Graffiti Kingdom, Supah Nario Bros, and Simtunes FTW!
That light at the end of the tunnel might be a train.
#23LexifoxPosted 1/9/2013 9:42:01 AM
I never understood why people always assume Charizard, Nidoking, every legendary, etc. must be gigantic and massive and at least twice your own height. Even in lots of myths, dragons aren't that much larger than people unless they're serpentine Asian dragons, so why should Reshiram and Zekrom be different?

There are a LOT of animals that are around human height, if not smaller, and will still break you in half. It's not like they're any less threatening or scary because of that.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#24keybladeXIIIPosted 1/9/2013 9:48:36 AM
I never understood why people always assume Charizard, Nidoking, every legendary, etc. must be gigantic and massive and at least twice your own height. Even in lots of myths, dragons aren't that much larger than people unless they're serpentine Asian dragons, so why should Reshiram and Zekrom be different?

There are a LOT of animals that are around human height, if not smaller, and will still break you in half. It's not like they're any less threatening or scary because of that.

Blame the anime.

And I always and always will imagine legendaries as giants. It's much cooler that way. Heck, I even thought the Regis were supposed to be like Collosi or something. I guess it's the kid in me wishing for giant monsters and stuff.
---
I hate seeing sigs with PC specs on them.
PSN: tookhster ------ Proud owner of a Wii, PS3, 360, 3DS, Vita, and now a Wii U!
#25DarkDragon386Posted 1/9/2013 1:46:51 PM
Pooo869 posted...
Gyarados. Problem solved

---
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)
#26mralpha543Posted 1/9/2013 1:52:22 PM
Since the pokedex is written in by people I'd say that heights and weights are just approximate or just the average.
---
Rocket Professor ~ R ~ Support Elesa! Team Rocket's Rockin'! X-Deer name revealed: Xhika
#27Pendragon71037Posted 1/9/2013 2:10:50 PM
mralpha543 posted...
Since the pokedex is written in by people I'd say that heights and weights are just approximate or just the average.

Please explain why a 40ft whale weighs less than a tenth of a real life one, even less than half a ton.
---
Chuck Finley is Forever! People that agree: 5. Proud member of the Omastar Club. All hail Omastar! Official Torterra of the White 2 board.
#28CakeOfLiesPosted 1/9/2013 2:15:09 PM
Sab_Liath posted...
Safer_777 posted...
Well when you are talking abou something Legendary you expect it to be pretty big.But in the games we have legendaries that are like a medium-sized dog!That isn't right!

Something doesn't have to be enormous to be very powerful.

Take Mewtwo for example. Listed height? 6 feet, 7 inches. in ther words, human sized. In power level, this same Pokemon is quite high, likely rating as the strongest Psychic type and Special Sweeper.

Fixed.
---
"You think our rage a weakness? Then let me show you... how wrong you are!" - Edge, Final Fantasy IV
#29EvrayPosted 1/9/2013 2:30:25 PM
First off, Size =/= power. Take mew for example. One of the strongest pokemon in the world being a legendary and all, yet very tiny. Pikachu is smaller than Raichu but not necessarily weaker than.

Also I typically follow the Anime's depiction of pokemon not pokedex entries. Especially when some pokemon that ARE actually huge don't have appropriate weight scales. Like Waillord. He is the supposedly largest pokemon as far as pokedex entries go, with a height (in this case length) of 47 feet. But weighs only 900 pounds.

Blue whales in the real world typically range around 80-90 feet, so double that of Wailord and weigh anywhere from 170-200 metric tons. Even at their lowest weight that is roughly 374,000 pounds. That would mean Waillord either is freaking hollow on the inside or somehow has magic fat that weighs nothing. The heart of a blue whale weighs 1600 pounds. That is double the weight of Waillord.

The pokedex entires are all seriously stupid and incorrect and I never recognize them as realistic.
---
If the Giants win I'll close my account. Promise. Super Bowl 2012- Erik P 2/5/2012 at 3:31:41 PM. Account Status, Active.
#30LexifoxPosted 1/9/2013 2:32:58 PM
keybladeXIII posted...

Blame the anime.

And I always and always will imagine legendaries as giants. It's much cooler that way. Heck, I even thought the Regis were supposed to be like Collosi or something. I guess it's the kid in me wishing for giant monsters and stuff.

I don't get that argument. "I feel that the anime mislead me because of the size thing. They don't keep weaknesses and resistances straight, they keep adding in new towns, they have battles that would never work they way they do in the games, I can sit and watch an episode and count the things that don't work like they do with the games, but to show a Pokemon at the wrong size? That is shameful."
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod